**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

My outlet finally got the bear whiskey glasses in. I was rushing so didn't cop but I'm going back in the morning to get them. They had some American Flag glasses as well.

She said the blue crewneck was in the back and that they'll be going through the shipment tonight to see what else they got in.

Polo bear lately quality is lacking. I know its outlet exclusive and i shouldnt get fussy. But the collar is somewhat loose on this crewneck..the tshirts and last white bball hoodie was thin as ever. Champion crewneck for 29.99 has better quality than this crewneck. Its ralph tho. Ralph knows

The bear tees been terrible quality since they started releasing in the spring.

That and the price point are the reason ive passed.
I hear that. I have the first red tshirt from february and this crewneck. Its a shame though that quality

My outlet finally got the bear whiskey glasses in. I was rushing so didn't cop but I'm going back in the morning to get them. They had some American Flag glasses as well.

She said the blue crewneck was in the back and that they'll be going through the shipment tonight to see what else they got in.
Damn thats late compared to mine. Still got the bear glasses. Great piece for the kitchen lol

Found this piece for a great price, does anybody know when it released?
IMG_8305.JPG

I hear that. I have the first red tshirt from february and this crewneck. Its a shame though that quality

I'm surprised everything thinks they are cheap quality because of how thin they are. they seem to be same thinness and similar opacity to their purple label shirt. The purple label seems to be a higher thread count, but actually slightly more"see thru" when on the body. very similar to their shirt they used (if not the same? It had same supplier # and really tough to tell any difference) as their Ralph's coffee t-shirt, which was $50 and meant to be printed on their nicest basic t-shirt.

i do think the print may be lower quality, I'm not sure how well this type of graphic will hold up. But the thinness i think is how all ralph lauren t-shirts are if they are nicer - check out purple label, black label, etc. No?

edit: anyone well versed enough on these items and fabrics to compare the purple label white tee with the factory polo bear tee? purple label is nearly identical but feels even softer, slightly "slicker" -- is that higher thread count? Mercerized?

Very interesting, especially this part:

"There are signs that Ralph Lauren is trying to win back customers and create hype by bringing back its vintage pieces, for example. Its latest quarterly results showed it was making headway in getting customers to pay full price"

The stadium retro wasn't really meant to win back customers especially seeing how they released it, but the hype surrounding it and the fear of sellouts have people jumping quicker to pull the trigger... well played Ralph

The resellers caught wind and now even the outlet bears aren't safe :lol:

Hilfiger said Ralph not the only one

IMG_1028.PNG

I saw that yesterday and laughed, funny part is they are actually selling. TH has so many classics from the 90's and came back with some weak items imo, he has better stuff in the vault he needs to bring back!

(Pops in thread) Loving this since I prefer Tommy over everything else. (Goes back to lurking thread)

Timing of this is hilarious. Was speaking some time ago w/ @frankmatthews about growing up and wearing PRL, Hilfiger and even Nautica (jackets w/those orange name float keychains) back in the day. All that Preppie look.

I'm surprised everything thinks they are cheap quality because of how thin they are. they seem to be same thinness and similar opacity to their purple label shirt. The purple label seems to be a higher thread count, but actually slightly more"see thru" when on the body. very similar to their shirt they used (if not the same? It had same supplier # and really tough to tell any difference) as their Ralph's coffee t-shirt, which was $50 and meant to be printed on their nicest basic t-shirt.

i do think the print may be lower quality, I'm not sure how well this type of graphic will hold up. But the thinness i think is how all ralph lauren t-shirts are if they are nicer - check out purple label, black label, etc. No?

edit: anyone well versed enough on these items and fabrics to compare the purple label white tee with the factory polo bear tee? purple label is nearly identical but feels even softer, slightly "slicker" -- is that higher thread count? Mercerized?

Well i have the executive bear, on grey , tshirt and i have the hockey bear longsleeve from years back. They both feel like heavier tshirts. The red one i have seems really light and thin. I will say it was my first bear tee in years though. As for the crew neck it doesnt really hug the neck as much as i would like. It exposes the collar of the under shirt too much, which i hate. For the price, its unfortunate. I love my pwing crew, but the cuffs on the sleeves are loose also. Its just the little things

Last edited:
I've never seen so many RL purchases made for higher priced items this early in the season. I'm used to seeing the XXL'ers securing their sizes to beat the resellers, but everyone is in on the action now. RL's marketing strategy has put a knife in savvy RL shopping.
source.gif

Congratulations customers; you and Ralph did it. The Ralph Lauren Wristband Era is here to stay.

And for those suggesting RL team up with a celebrity, there's no need since they already have them. Chance, MacMiller, Ghostface, Skateboard P, Snoop Deodouble, and any other influencer that takes a picture wearing RL has been circulated through social media by RL themselves. And lets not mention the best celebs of all...You, the customers that have lined up at storefronts that are also part of the marketing campaign. And RL does this a no cost out of their own pockets. Its all free advertising reaching millions.

As long as RL keeps putting out the less popular stuff I like, and Im able to buy them on clearance or from ethical resellers (who I appreciate tremendously btw), then Im satisfied.

Last edited:
Timing of this is hilarious. Was speaking some time ago w/ @frankmatthews about growing up and wearing PRL, Hilfiger and even Nautica (jackets w/those orange name float keychains) back in the day. All that Preppie look.
It's they're second retro batch. I'm not sure when the first collection dropped but all my childhood brands retroing at once is fine by me. Like a few here I still have a few of those items granted I can fit them lol.

Y'all think its worth trying to get a P Wing polo to trade (probably with cash on top) for a mash up polo?

yah, the P-wing polo seems to have more made.. and there will be a purple label version in the spring, so another opportunity to grab it.

the mash-up was more limited, and is new design... probably one they won't do again, so mgiht be worth the going for the trade.

Back
Top Bottom