**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

Been on my hit list for a little now, can't find one for a decent price though...

Not sure if you've owned any other Wilson ball gloves but how would you say the leather/quality stacks up to the A2000 line?

Yes, I’m mostly a Rawlings guy, but have an A2000 as well. This is basically an A2000 1786 model, but the leather on the shell is tumbled (slightly less tumbled in the palm), so it feels a bit broken in. It’s the best leather smell I’ve ever smelled off of a new glove. Original retail was $299, normal retail for a regular A2000 is $260 currently

Yes, I’m mostly a Rawlings guy, but have an A2000 as well. This is basically an A2000 1786 model, but the leather on the shell is tumbled (slightly less tumbled in the palm), so it feels a bit broken in. It’s the best leather smell I’ve ever smelled off of a new glove. Original retail was $299, normal retail for a regular A2000 is $260 currently
You can’t play ball in that glove it’s the same leather as the bags theres only one acceptable model of glove the Rawlings dj2

Agreed Hell no!! that makes absolutely sense what so ever. And all the other lines under polo sport instead of the RL umbrella makes no sense ether. Diversify your portfolio
I know for a fact you know this ✊🏾 RicoSwa RicoSwa

The reason I say that is because Polo does not seem to want to do the high quality
sportswear anymore. That was what started the Cult following with Polo. 9 out of 10 collectors are wearing a sportswear piece in those old 90s pictures. The lines that made them popular with the urban market seem like it annoys them to make them a priority.

They are making charitable customs, environmentally friendly special custom lines, etc etc etc.
Asking for them to give us the rest of the Snow Beach and Stadium seems like its below them to do that.
We are peasants asking them to give us the other snow beach jacket and the other stadium colorways.
They made ugly knock offs of those gorgeous ski jackets from the 80s.

Asking them for the 80s replicas seems to be a bother. Just get rid of the sportswear line so the French can make them great like Ralp did. The womens line is being done by a guy from Celine. That is a french brand. The womens stuff is way better in color
and graphics. They regard us sportswear fans as peasants for even asking for those replica releases.

Just sell those lines to someone who can make them great again. A 90s ski jacket from Polo was what Moncler is now.
Sell the Snow Beach, CP RL, P Racing, Hi Tech, Polo Country, and Stadium lines to people that like making great sportswear.
You want to make the ski jacket look hideous because only the peasants want them. It would kill you to just put the sewn on ski man on the back wouldn't it. It would just kill them to release the missing snow beach items. Sell those lines to LVMH under Polo Sport
so we can get them them. Get rid of us peasants.

Last edited:
The reason I say that is because Polo does not seem to want to do the high quality
sportswear anymore. That was what started the Cult following with Polo. 9 out of 10 collectors are wearing a sportswear piece in those old 90s pictures. The lines that made them popular with the urban market seem like it annoys them to make them a priority.

They are making charitable customs, environmentally friendly special custom lines, etc etc etc.
Asking for them to give us the rest of the Snow Beach and Stadium seems like its below them to do that.
We are peasants asking them to give us the other snow beach jacket and the other stadium colorways.
They made ugly knock offs of those gorgeous ski jackets from the 80s.

Asking them for the 80s replicas seems to be a bother. Just get rid of the sportswear line so the French can make them great like Ralp did. The womens line is being done by a guy from Celine. That is a french brand. The womens stuff is way better in color
and graphics. They regard us sportswear fans as peasants for even asking for those replica releases.

Just sell those lines to someone who can make them great again. A 90s ski jacket from Polo was what Moncler is now.
Sell the Snow Beach, CP RL, P Racing, Hi Tech, Polo Country, and Stadium lines to people that like making great sportswear.
You want to make the ski jacket look hideous because only the peasants want them. It would kill you to just put the ski man on the back wouldn't it. It would just kill them to release the missing snow beach items. Sell those lines to LVMH under Polo Sport
so I can get them them.
It’s not a bad idea maybe they could hire the right people and reopen the polo sport store stock it with our lo life stuff all the time kind of like their version of supreme I’m down with that but do not just give it away to foreigners with no connection to New York in the late 80s early 90s Polo is the American story no one else’s...man that happy Madison show needs to come out Hollywood better tell this story the way it needs to be told

Ralph gave his props to the Lo life’s even acknowledged They just like he was when he started rl. I’m going to say he don’t make it for us because it just sits there and all us cheap phuchs don’t get off the couch until it’s sale on sale so stop acting like peasants and he’ll treat you how you want to be treated. With that said the man really should just pick a price and stick with it. Overpricing it is bs and blowing out at the outlets whack too. I say make it the msrp but 90s prices no sale ever keep it real retro.

Ya, i need to pull the trigger on that glove and ball for the collection.

Was a rawlings guy myself, heart of the hide mostly.

Glad to see a little NT response with a glove. I’ve thought several times about starting a baseball/softball glove thread here a few times. Maybe I will.

Glad to see a little NT response with a glove. I’ve thought several times about starting a baseball/softball glove thread here a few times. Maybe I will.
I gotta dig up my old HoH. Havent played ball in well over a decade :lol:

4F4BF907-0B6C-4DED-9E50-F8278F78A466.jpeg
3FF12652-0B25-4F50-A1A4-7E3AD6340714.jpeg

When they did double branding right. Back when RLX/POLO Sport was the same line
No I don’t want to see this or any other pieces from this retroed or reworked.
As a creative I will stand this forever and a day Again create new **** it’s not hard to do
not the same thing over and over.

Last edited:
4F4BF907-0B6C-4DED-9E50-F8278F78A466.jpeg
3FF12652-0B25-4F50-A1A4-7E3AD6340714.jpeg

When they did double branding right. Back when RLX/POLO Sport was the same line
No I don’t want to see this or any other pieces from this retroed or reworked.
As a creative I will stand this forever and a day Again create new **** it’s not hard to do
not the same thing over and over.
Too icy...very nice Something for the d boys And like that polo sport became rlx

My new favorite size for cheap print tees is 2xlt it’s basically a double xxl long it’s practically shrink proof

Last edited:
RLX by itself and done right
didn’t need to be attached to sports line
But I do like how polo golf was incorporated into rlx. The hat and tee are classic rlx.
the vest is golf 🏌️
C254F4D9-12F2-452A-B690-35C9372DC7AC.jpeg

There’s another version to this RLX turtleneck sweater that’s not cashmere like this and has a extra pocket on the sleeve (still looking for the beanie to this version) again done right and no sport labeling 👌🏾
17850BB2-CADF-4C1F-8EFA-012E969F96BB.jpeg

There’s tec pants too👖 🤦🏽‍♂️ Not corny coogie type sweater pants ether 😂😂😂

RLX by itself and done right
didn’t need to be attached to sports line
But I do like how polo golf was incorporated into rlx. The hat and tee are classic rlx.
the vest is golf 🏌
C254F4D9-12F2-452A-B690-35C9372DC7AC.jpeg

There’s another version to this RLX turtleneck sweater that’s not cashmere like this and has a extra pocket on the sleeve (still looking for the beanie to this version) again done right and no sport labeling 👌🏾
17850BB2-CADF-4C1F-8EFA-012E969F96BB.jpeg

There’s tec pants too👖 🤦🏽‍♂️ Not corny coogie type sweater pants ether 😂😂😂
Rlx all summer long ... price was right too
A78F716C-59A9-4C4E-9FC0-26B732E43C22.jpeg

No retros please
only polo sport branding needed...nothing else!
Some of my favorite polo sport polos and sport hats.
DCB563D0-F5CE-4625-90CB-988C654C3F1B.jpeg

Again no branding and the retros was ehhh but the extras (socks,new hats ect) was ok. Paper jacket and motocross pants w/ web belt and side zipper at the leg cuffs.
Yo RicoSwa RicoSwa i get what you be saying but come on why we can’t get new w/ woven patches,silkscreen and 3M patches on new stuff or things that compliment already classics
Not re works and re mixers 👎🏾
D189E94E-A43C-4777-B62F-9E21E17D32FD.jpeg

The original polo sport flag denim jacket (no need for re worked polo jeans & co rebrand jeans 👖 as sport)
Polo country USA flag tee completes the combo without the additional stir and mix additives
4BDBCD7E-CEF6-4652-8184-690A21C2EBD9.jpeg

No retros please
only polo sport branding needed...nothing else!
Some of my favorite polo sport polos and sport hats.
DCB563D0-F5CE-4625-90CB-988C654C3F1B.jpeg

Again no branding and the retros was ehhh but the extras (socks,new hats ect) was ok. Paper jacket and motocross pants w/ web belt and side zipper at the leg cuffs.
Yo RicoSwa RicoSwa i get what you be saying but come on why we can’t get new w/ woven patches,silkscreen and 3M patches on new stuff or things that compliment already classics
Not re works and re mixers 👎🏾
D189E94E-A43C-4777-B62F-9E21E17D32FD.jpeg

The original polo sport flag denim jacket (no need for re worked polo jeans & co rebrand jeans 👖 as sport)
Polo country USA flag tee completes the combo without the additional stir and mix additives
4BDBCD7E-CEF6-4652-8184-690A21C2EBD9.jpeg
That’s exactly what they should be doing take a small feature from something and expand on that for example take the mountain from the expedition patch and make a jacket or vest out of that so you can grow and expand your collections great idea

That Native pimp coat next to dem snow boots though 🔥 🔥 probably gonna cost over a band:sick::sick:
Yes, That Rrl ranch coat is amazing. One of my favorites from Fall 2020. I expect a $1500-$2500 price point.

Ralph Lauren does have their own Luxury Outlet Store located in Florida were the majority of Purple Label buy-back is sold at discount prices.

Polo's 80s sportswear was amazing.

Look what the women get with the french dude over there.

1596679974159.png

1596680031149.png

1596680092770.png

1596680216073.png

1596680284788.png

1596680408891.png

1596680503757.png

Their colors are brighter and more saturated.
Their bear knits have better illustrations and graphics.
They have close to the old 80s and 80s Polo aesthetic.

Mow look at the mens wear line...
Lots of bears. And they are quite small in the illustration.
1596680698792.png

1596680777393.png

1596681051556.png

Ralph Lauren does have their own Luxury Outlet Store located in Florida were the majority of Purple Label buy-back is sold at discount prices.
How discounted 🤔
Lol. That’s how the spot that’s at Woodbury ny (outlets) was when they first put it out there but quickly changed. They used to carry the high end rugby items that wasn’t at every rugby store(nyc, Long Island,Boston ect)
Good to know about the fl store. 🤙🏾

Well we can always cheat because Polo dont make goggles.
1596682530686.png

Yummy.

And Polo does not make Snow Board gear... any more.

Polo's 80s sportswear was amazing.

Look what the women get with the french dude over there.

1596679974159.png

1596680031149.png

1596680092770.png

1596680216073.png

1596680284788.png

1596680408891.png

1596680503757.png

Their colors are brighter and more saturated.
Their bear knits have better illustrations and graphics.
They have close to the old 80s and 80s Polo aesthetic.

Mow look at the mens wear line...
Lots of bears. And they are quite small in the illustration.
1596680698792.png

1596680777393.png

1596681051556.png

Woman’s and kids have always been better than men’s since the 1980’s
What’s new about that?!

Back
Top Bottom