**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

IMG_20190201_074006.jpg

Was just at Queens Center.. Jimmy Jazz has a couple of those Wildlife cardigans for a slight discount at $419. They also have the hard to find red/blue hi tech vests for $250 I believe and the blue hi tech pullover for $150. Not the greatest prices, but these pieces have become a little harder to find and they are discounted.

Also went into Macy's to try on the Javelin Polo. Definitely runs closer to a custom fit than classic. All of those things say performance material but are really more of a kinda standard cotton from the feel of it. I didn't check to read the material was just trying to get an idea for the fit. Basically if you messed with Medium for the CP93 line, go with large on this one (and so on).

Was digging thru stuff and found some items I haven't worn Ina while... A few of them I thought y'all might dig. Or maybe old pieces you used to have and forgot about...

RLX sweatshirt. All Grey, with an "X" knitted into left sleeve in purple (for the purple rlx logo). Gal washed it and shrunk it, so now it's hers... Really loved this sweatshirt, too. 2005-2007 range maybe?

C205E9DE-63F1-43CB-93E3-BCA3E382B092.jpeg
7ABE0109-5B25-42B1-BDC6-D37A09C5F503.jpeg FD38C1B0-808B-4FFD-BE38-8C5BD3593355.jpeg

RLX jacket - Grey, silver metallic - one of the best made jackets I've ever had. Fantastic fleece still insulation. Alot of awesome details that make this a very functional jacket. Think at the time (mid 2000's?) it was $600-700 msrp. A Macy's had one left for $250 and grabbed it.

D4439398-7045-465B-A394-3F7B2E7F4784.jpeg
F77D1D7E-D1DE-417A-A93B-9261808D9282.jpeg

Ralph lauren purple label overcoat - Grey cream - 100% cashmere - came unfinished, so got functional buttons on the sleeves. Figured it would be a crime to not have em on a jacket this nice.

You won't believe this.. But the jacket was $5k. They used to ship stuff that didn't sell at Michigan Ave down to an outlet to move it quick.. They didn't like having expensive stuff on sale. It was at the outlet for $500. A sign was up saying everything in store half off. Walked out with this off the rack for $250. Should have bought the entire rack, there was like 8 of em that just came down from Michigan Ave.

19F289D8-3D3C-4C27-8291-48C50E6802B6.jpeg
50B90724-D832-4203-BE29-E0E4BE742838.jpeg
216E25E2-350B-4E66-BC5F-662F6ADB1235.jpeg

Outlets are letting people order over the phone again? If so, can someone PM the SKU for the tiger denim?

Ralph lauren purple label overcoat - Grey cream - 100% cashmere - came unfinished, so got functional buttons on the sleeves. Figured it would be a crime to not have em on a jacket this nice.

You won't believe this.. But the jacket was $5k. They used to ship stuff that didn't sell at Michigan Ave down to an outlet to move it quick.. They didn't like having expensive stuff on sale. It was at the outlet for $500. A sign was up saying everything in store half off. Walked out with this off the rack for $250. Should have bought the entire rack, there was like 8 of em that just came down from Michigan Ave.

Too clean! Lmk if they do call in orders and allow for shipping...

This that classy ish I I’m talking about. This is a great looking jacket to top off any great ensemble.Pieces like these I call “stay the **** away from me cause I’m to clean” no kids no auntie that wear heavy makeup matter of fact any females wearing any makeup what so ever period. Lol.
I’m the dude that wears all white to bbq’s and don’t get a drop of nothing on myself. Again beautiful piece James

Anybody remember this jacket? Late 90's maybe?
Right when they started doing big pony. Not even sure what it was... Was a cream sport coat, with matching color big pony.. But has no vents, trim like it's a smoking jacket or something.

C5C6FA31-F4F9-4F2F-AE42-180FF0512B2D.jpeg
A4E2E61D-85C6-41A3-814E-C75800A80D07.jpeg

Is that the same size as the pony on a BP polo? Looks kinda small from the picks rl had scattered pieces throughout that wasn't necessarily attached to any line,they were oversized pony’s sometimes in full color (way bigger that the pony on a shirt but still not as big as the BP) Big pony came out in summer 04 and the next year rl became the official outfitters of the us open in 05 and the flood gates was open.Looks like a causal sport jacket Hats off.

Last edited:
This that classy ish I I’m talking about. This is a great looking jacket to top off any great ensemble.Pieces like these I call “stay the **** away from me cause I’m to clean” no kids no auntie that wear heavy makeup matter of fact any females wearing any makeup what so ever period. Lol.
I’m the dude that wears all white to bbq’s and don’t get a drop of nothing on myself. Again beautiful piece James

Is that the same size as the pony on a BP polo? Looks kinda small from the picks rl had scattered pieces throughout that wasn't necessarily attached to any line,they were oversized pony’s sometimes in full color (way bigger that the pony on a shirt but still not as big as the BP) Big pony came out in summer 04 and the next year rl became the official outfitters of the us open in 05 and the flood gates was open.Looks like a causal sport jacket Hats off.

This is the original big pony size, I believe.. So a bit smaller than the later (still used) big pony. Still got the first ever big pony Oxford, and the pony is about midway between the regular one and the current big pony.

Maybe this sport coat was part of a tennis line, that might make sense. Can't tell if it's meant to be a winter white/cream, or a spring jacket.. I'm not well educated enough on this type of jacket to know what it's for.

And yah, that purple label overcoat is simply beautiful. I used to wear it any Ole time... Wasn't respecting it. My tailer told me I was being a moron; that the cashmere on it was a nice, it wasn't meant to be dry cleaned over and over...and I should take care of it. Ended up only using it for evening occasions that I'd be wearing a Suit. And at some point, I hung it up in a nice suit bag and forgot about it. Haven't worn in like 3 years. Doubt I'll ever have a full length purple label cashmere overcoat again... And certainly not cream colored... So gotta baby this one!

IMG_2287.JPG

Since the thread is kind of slow and a lot of people are snowed in by the Polar Vortex or watching the Super Bowl at home, I am calling on my fellow Lo heads to post their RL home layouts or home goods. If you have bedding, pillows, towels, teddy bears, etc. This is my corner of the living room. My wife and kids are not allowed on my couch :lol:

Back
Top Bottom