**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

zalando UK got some nice deals again, ski 92 crewneck at 40% off. womens poplin 50% off :wow:

Screenshot_535.png

This isnt a fad for most people on this site. Most plan on keeping these items for a long time in good condition. Not just be the first to wear them. Beat them up then get rid of them cus its last years polo.

Most active people on this site are in their mid to late 20s and have only been rockin lo for the last 5-10yrs TOPS. ****s as much a fad to most of y'all as it is to anyone else currently. Just out of curiosity, of what from these new drops do u think you'll be rocking for a long time to come? My guess is not many at all.

Most active people on this site are in their mid to late 20s and have only been rockin lo for the last 5-10yrs TOPS. ****s as much a fad to most of y'all as it is to anyone else currently. Just out of curiosity, of what from these new drops do u think you'll be rocking for a long time to come? My guess is not many at all.

I think wearing stuff long term has more to do with the person than the clothing.

I attach sentimental value, or memories, to items... Which drives additional "value" of them and appreciation.

I think a good % of men are collectors, too... Think it starts in childhood... Collecting sports cards or toy cars, and it stays with you.

I try to keep my Polo simple, nothing too outrageous because those pieces can be worn forever.
Gotta do both pimpin..

It’s something about catching a flaming piece and stashing it after wearing it. You can always have people that say “ohh I had that and in this color.. blah blah blah..” but to pull the joint out of the closet is another level

Gotta do both pimpin..

It’s something about catching a flaming piece and stashing it after wearing it. You can always have people that say “ohh I had that and in this color.. blah blah blah..” but to pull the joint out of the closet is another level

I have a few pieces, but mainly I keep it simple.

I still got hats i purchhased in 1992 out the mansion. Dont have many older items from highschool due to the fact that i use to wear larges and now i wear medium. But i have vintage items i copped on ebay 10+ yrs ago. I purchased the snowbeach raekwon and stadium popover retros and hope to have them for another 20 yrs +.

I’m about to ramble!!

I think a good % of men are collectors, too... Think it starts in childhood... Collecting sports cards or toy cars, and it stays with you.

Honestly, I feel what your saying but I think POLO is stiched into nyc streetwear culture.. I literally don’t remember a time before polo.

I got the buzz from my older cousin who is a first generation Lo Life from SJP.. he used to do stick ups and wear polo gooses and I remember him telling me when he would do them and thinking to myself, how can a man person be so street and fashionable

And it just became a thing to wear.. mind you I went super hard and started moving wicked in the town during high school (95-99!) so I don’t connect to pre-94 polo.. I respect it but don’t feel the whole vibe. Now polo sport and polo golf...that’s my thing!

Sorry. Continue on...

All of my winter gear I plan on wearing long term. The only items I may not care for 10-20 years from now is some of the custom print your own Polos from Prince St, the red, blue, yellow Hi- Tec vest and the different color Polobear gloves / hats my family decides to buy me yearly

This isnt a fad for most people on this site. Most plan on keeping these items for a long time in good condition. Not just be the first to wear them. Beat them up then get rid of them cus its last years polo.

Ok ..... you are asking questions that don’t apply to rockers of the lifestyle.The first mistake is thinking that any one with a ounce of style cares about a “fad” or what’s hot today. The Second is to be the “first” so you can run around saying look at me I’m the first to have a polo anything is corny now if someone else says “the first person I saw with that was so and so is something completely different and I understand that those that was not from jump or taught about the lifestyle and got there ideas from people that love fads and gimmicks don’t overstand.
This is to anyone,if you was not there then you will never truly get it. Fads gimmicks come and go everyday but style grace and finesse you are born with and can not be created,manufactured by any company/ corporation.Man makes the clothes the clothes don’t make the man. Now to answer your question in particular there are very few pieces I gave a second look at let alone I want.The retro stuff the crossflags I have almost everything since this is my favorite lo symbol (well 87/89) I come from a different era and outlook when it come to getting fresh.i cop a hat from the so called limited cp92/3. Nothing from the snow beach cause it was never my thing and has always been corny to but have I seen it rocked right?,Yes I have and only by five people tops.The stadium line for me a easy pass. I didn’t just get into Ralph anything in 1992 I’m 84 or 85 so a lot of this stuff I didn’t pay any mind to back then and still don’t. It’s kool but I don’t feel the need to be first when in actuality how are you first today if it came out decades ago?? Even the new add on pieces.thats a sheep clone mentality in it purest form.I have pieces from every line Ralph has produced from chaps on and could care less what some corny fad obsessed d***head has to say.just a few years ago weirdos was wearing spikes and teddy bear heads on they sneakers have moved on to ugly fear of god Nike and off white nonsense.the pet rock was a fad to young man. If anything be a “trendsetter” and not a “trendfollwer” just somegame and food for thought Peace.

Last edited:
I get what you mean but I'd rather not cop anything I deem stale after being out for 3 months.

I try to keep my Polo simple, nothing too outrageous because those pieces can be worn forever.

My philosophy for buying clothes in general has literally been these post since my junior year of high school more or less. It has served me well

Ok ..... you are asking questions that don’t apply to rockers of the lifestyle.The first mistake is thinking that any one with a ounce of style cares about a “fad” or what’s hot today. The Second is to be the “first” so you can run around saying look at me I’m the first to have a polo anything is corny now if someone else says “the first person I saw with that was so and so is something completely different and I understand that those that was not from jump or taught about the lifestyle and got there ideas from people that love fads and gimmicks don’t overstand.
This is to anyone,if you was not there then you will never truly get it. Fads gimmicks come and go everyday but style grace and finesse you are born with and can not be created,manufactured by any company/ corporation.Man makes the clothes the clothes don’t make the man. Now to answer your question in particular there are very few pieces I gave a second look at let alone I want.The retro stuff the crossflags I have almost everything since this is my favorite lo symbol (well 87/89) I come from a different era and outlook when it come to getting fresh.i cop a hat from the so called limited cp92/3. Nothing from the snow beach cause it was never my thing and has always been corny to but have I seen it rocked right?,Yes I have and only by five people tops.The stadium line for me a easy pass. I didn’t just get into Ralph anything in 1992 I’m 84 or 85 so a lot of this stuff I didn’t pay any mind to back then and still don’t. It’s kool but I don’t feel the need to be first when in actuality how are you first today if it came out decades ago?? Even the new add on pieces.thats a sheep clone mentality in it purest form.I have pieces from every line Ralph has produced from chaps on and could care less what some corny fad obsessed d***head has to say.just a few years ago weirdos was wearing spikes and teddy bear heads on they sneakers have moved on to ugly fear of god Nike and off white nonsense.the pet rock was a fad to young man. If anything be a “trendsetter” and not a “trendfollwer” just somegame and food for thought Peace.

And here I thought I was the only old head, (bet we the same age, Krash) that never, (even back then) kneeled at the alter of Snow Beach or, (Polo-blasphemy, this) P-Wing. I'm from the days of the first drops, in the mall, I was there, and if, any thing, the original CP-92 and before that the Scribble Crest line was "grail" before the term "grail". Anything Ralphy did nautical back in '87-95' to me was... maan, that was 'Lo! Some how, back then, I saw Hi-tech in the Zhigge video, but don't ever 'member it in the stores here at that time. Except for the white-on-white hooded pull over with rubber Hi tech patch I copped new back them. Years later, like '06, re-copped from O-Prime of Timeless Truth during the VGA heyday. Good times.

@ haber001; my Hi-tech Sweatshirt is 25+ years old, (feel free to try to find one). Rocked it this morning to get the chill off as I prepared for work. 1000% freshness date. Never stale. Next post from me = Kswiss. OLD school KSwiss.

buford-jim-thorpe-tease_logc3q.jpg

Back
Top Bottom