**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

Get_Lo Get_Lo how's the quality?
I can't say it's like any material of anythin new released, lettering is the same as all the hi tech pieces..iron ons... but it's soft and silky cotton.

Attachments

• IMG_20180915_201254.jpg
    IMG_20180915_201254.jpg
    197.1 KB · Views: 15
I didn't see em posted before... There were these awesome new southwest print throw pillows and throw blankets at the polo factory store when I went today.

Did those just come out?

The embroidery was top notch tread gage and dye color was almost 100% dead on for the cross flags.A lot of this cotton blend stuff I just don’t see lasting 20+ years.there was a few classic made wool sweaters that’s gonna last but not most of them I don’t even own any new bears cause of the quality.did you see the picture cus I posted? It should not have been that easy to remove anything.

Agreed on the Cross Flags. 100% Official Tissue. Ralph put his heart into that one.

Did something I rarely do in the age of "INTERNETS" (shouts Dallas Pen, R.I.P Combat Jack); got in the Benz and went to - THE MALL(!) Ran up in Macy's. Laid hands on the Hi Tech. My review;

The GOOD:
-The Red/Blue Hi Tech fisherman vest = THE TRUTH. I swallow my previous words. In person, thinner than I thought, but a upgraded parachute-like material thinner. HI QUALITY and much better looking than in the pictures. Worthy of the Hi Tech line. Plus, I verified for myself rear patch is stitched on and REMOVABLE. WILL own.

-The bed/blue Hybrid hoodie was 10xs better in person, and closest to the an OG piece. Could live with it as is, the spell out on the pouch, and will consider at blow out time. I'm XL/XXL in Ralph, so will probably miss out.

-The sweat pants seem substantial, and the activewear/performance material makes sense.

The REST:

Hmmmnnn... one word -ACTIVEWEAR. What the hell is this thin, breathable, lightweight material? I GET it. I just didn't EXPECT it. I reach for the bear Hi tech sweatshirt, I'm expecting to feel the heavy OG feel of my original sweatshirt, and this thing weighs/feels/pliable like my Purple Label stuff. Again, I can see where I could get it in/advantages, at the same time, how does this keep you warm, even? (You can wear the OG sweatshirt as a COAT on the right day).

Patches: On the pants, OG quality- almost. Sliiiiightly...thinner. On the Polo style Shirts; patch dumbed down CONSIDERABLY. plus all patches big and small made smaller diameter(???) Wife was with me, and she was the first to notice, "this looks fake". Ouch. I wont go that far, but the patch it was purposely stepped down in structure for the polo shirts.

SUMMATION:

-This recon mission solidified for me;

-Relax. No need to sweat, really, anything outside that vest. (Truly a piece worthy of Ralphy scheming.) Around here, (Kentucky!?!), peeps ain't paying that price. Period. I can cop on sale+ discount way below retail from Macy's themselves, if I get on my old school guerrilla sheeuit, bi-weekly visits.

-Lay in the cut for that Alpine short sleeve polo, simply because it's beautiful.

-Double up on the OG on the Bay. Built of true grit from the days of old.

-Came home, and pumped Malik Lo, just because.

Last edited:
Famousname Famousname if I get that vest the first thing I’m doing is taking off the big patch on the back!!! Ugh!!! Ya wife is right a lot of this recently released gear looks fake as f**k mixed in w/ the classically made iteams.those of us that been doing this on a consistent for a min (for me 30years fall 1987......dam lol) we see it a mile away. recently had this convo w/ a few of our vga/syl alumni,not all but most agree that it’s some real “but it ain’t ralph though “ items. Lol.Things that should not have been allowed to leave the house and wasn’t ready for the block. Items that was a good idea but executed poorly and stopped straight from the gate and told to go back to the drawing board.You know it’s real when the real rockers are creating better items than the source material and that a fact. The Lo life brand plates pull over was constructed and a better representation than the retro rl stadium one. Great assessment of this line fame.The vest and a few of the tec pants I want.

Famousname Famousname if I get that vest the first thing I’m doing is taking off the big patch on the back!!! Ugh!!! Ya wife is right a lot of this recently released gear looks fake as f**k mixed in w/ the classically made iteams.those of us that been doing this on a consistent for a min (for me 30years fall 1987......dam lol) we see it a mile away. recently had this convo w/ a few of our vga/syl alumni,not all but most agree that it’s some real “but it ain’t ralph though “ items. Lol.Things that should not have been allowed to leave the house and wasn’t ready for the block. Items that was a good idea but executed poorly and stopped straight from the gate and told to go back to the drawing board.You know it’s real when the real rockers are creating better items than the source material and that a fact. The Lo life brand plates pull over was constructed and a better representation than the retro rl stadium one. Great assessment of this line fame.The vest and a few of the tec pants I want.

Word up, Krash. That's all I can really say. I sum it up with, "Hmmmmnnn..."

I respect the 2018 jux. Times DO move on, and even *I* can see where these new materials/styles fit in and do what they do. I WILL have some in my closet. So I am not some gray-beard hater. But being from the days when Zhiggie first Tossed It Up, and still having that OG in my KY Basements, I can't help but contrast.

With that, it's 2018, Ralphs alive and well and runs with Oprah, economy boomin', Ralphy set his phaser for "wallets", so let's rock!

Macys 30% sale is LIVE, free shippig at $35, and ebates is also giving back 10%! Just grabbed the climb hoodie for less than resellers selling the tshirt for :lol:

Climb Hoodie; $168 + 30% off = $117.50... On top of that i get $12.77 back from ebates bringing the total to $104.73

Last edited:
nimisiskrash nimisiskrash Famousname Famousname All of this is true regarding the Spring,Summer, and Pre-Fall 2018 Polo collections. 95% of it feels like H&M/Old Navy quality to the touch. Ralph Lauren's 2015 hire of Stefan Larsson, the former H&M/Old Navy exec, as the Ralph Lauren Corp. CEO was RL simply buying the fast fashion manufacturing process for Polo. This is why the quality (materials, stitching, etc.) is always the topic of discussion with Ralph.

The difference in the chinos, tees, sweaters, fleeces, and heat pressed lettering is shocking for those used to pre-2013 Polo quality. And I was even more dissatisfied with the challis polo shirt with the ink infused logos instead of the logos being embroidered. These are bedsheets. Yes, Ralph Lauren polos manufacturers from bed sheets that buyers are falling for.

I've always been very selective about what I buy, which why I usually buy Fall/Winter clothing. It's just constructed better from heavy, durable materials (e.g., wool, leather, lambskin). Fortunately, RL is still producing a lot of high quality items for the cold season, and this year looks like the best ever. There's so much, that I can wait and catch everything on my list at a heavy discount.

Really debating the varsity with this Macy’s 30% off but want it a lil cheaper. What are the odds?

Should I just wait until the private sale?

Just read the return policy I got 6 months to return it if I find it cheaper so prolly pull the trigger on my jacket this afternoon.

Anybody have info or a better pic on these boots? Joints is Flames

Attachments

• 7F7A7978-A576-4B04-83BD-7A2DE4E392F9.png
    7F7A7978-A576-4B04-83BD-7A2DE4E392F9.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 44
I can see that Climb hoodie going for less than 30% off just like the script hoodies in the near future.

I still prefer the T shirt version but besides the Bloomies preorder, I have not seen it online besides resellers asking $200 for it

Back
Top Bottom