The OFFICIAL Powerball and Megamillions thread:

Still havn't checked my tickets. I think i'm gonna wait till i go out for lunch to do so.

You can wait all you want OP. if you didnt cop from one of those two states, it's consolation prize at best.

Back to reality, it was fun though. Ill to back to my one ticket per draw routine $6 per week.

Suggested reading about lotto winners(and losers):

Successful winners:
http://money.ca.msn.com/savings-debt/gallery/gallery.aspx?cp-documentid=23969513

People who blew it all:
http://www.businessinsider.com/14-lottery-winners-who-blew-it-all-2012-3?op=1

Things I learned from reading these articles:

-The government has every intention on getting every dime back.
- You never get anything near what the jackpot is advertised.
- The best thing to do with your money is absolutely nothing.
- If you do plan on doing anything with the money, a financial adviser should be the first thing you get(and pray he doesn't screw you)
- Before you even tell your family you won, please.....please educate them on gift taxes.(Black folks especially!)

i played $10 worth yesterday with no luck. i did get 2 of the numbers though, 16 and 23. 16 is my favorite number and 23 for mike!!

[h1]KC Royals Player’s Numbers To Used Win Powerball[/h1]
Posted on: 7:29 am, November 30, 2012, by Joe Millitzer, updated on: 07:42am, November 30, 2012

[table][tr][td][/td][td]
[table][tr][td]
[table][tr][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr][/table]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]
[/td][td]
[table][tr][td]
[table][tr][td] [/td][td] [/td][td]
Pinterest
[/td][td] [/td][/tr][/table]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]
[/td][td]
[table][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]
[/td][td]
[table][tr][td]
Twitter
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]
[/td][td]
Email
[/td][/tr][/table]

ST. LOUIS, MO (KTVI) – Several sources say that Dearborn, Missouri man Mark Hill used Kansas City Royals baseball player’s numbers to pick his winning ticket. Many of the players are in the hall of fame. Bo Jackson is not in the baseball hall of fame but many Royals fans think he should be.

Players & Numbers used for winning lotto ticket:
  • #5 George Brett
  • #23 Mark Gubizca
  • #16 Bo Jackson
  • #22 Dennis Leonard
  • #29 Dan Quisenberry
  • #6 Willie Wilson
Related: Missouri Powerball Winner Identified As Dearborn Man

Full story from WDAF: http://fox4kc.com/

Will the winning Powerball ticket holder please step forward?

(CNN) — Once, for many, Dearborn, Missouri, was known as a stop off along the highway. A place to gas up and grab a snack.

Today, it just may be considered one of the luckiest places in the country after one of two winning tickets was sold there for a $587.5 million Powerball jackpot, the second-largest lottery jackpot in U.S. history.

The big question now: Who is holding the ticket? The roughly 500 residents of Dearborn along with the rest of the country will get the answer Friday morning when Missouri Lottery officials identity the ticket holder.

But that hasn’t stopped the speculation game. Perhaps it was a truck driver? After all, Dearborn sits near busy Highway 29. Maybe it’s a resident? Nearly everybody in town has stopped at the Trex Mart, where the winning ticket was sold.

Maybe there is a clue in the Missouri Lottery’s news release on Thursday, saying it will announce “the winners” during a press conference at a local high school? Lottery officials have not publicly said whether the ticket holder is an individual or a group.

At the Trex Mart, clerk Kristi Williams asked every customer the same question on Thursday after news broke the ticket was purchased at the gas station.

“As soon as they walk in the door, ‘Have you checked your ticket?’” she told CNN affiliate KCTV of Kansas City.

The other winning ticket was sold thousands of miles away at the Four Sons Food Store in Fountain Hills, just outside of Phoenix, Arizona, state lottery spokeswoman Karen Bach said. The winner hasn’t come forward there.

“Unbelievable,” said Four Sons manager Bob Chebat. “Everyone comes in here buying tickets, joking they’ll take care of you if they win. But chances are so slim that it becomes standard that no one does win. I just don’t know what to say. I’m shocked. I hope I was the guy who sold the winning ticket.”

The Arizona store will receive a $25,000 for selling the winning ticket, while the Missouri store will get $50,000. The payout to sellers varies state to state as it is determined by each state’s lottery officials .

The prize for the lottery — held in 42 states, the U.S. Virgin Islands and the District of Columbia — swelled to the largest in Powerball history after the jackpot rolled over 16 times without a winner.

It still doesn’t match the U.S. record payout of $656 million, set in March by a Mega Millions jackpot. Three winners split that pot.

California added its name Thursday to the states participating in Powerball, with the California Lottery Commission voted unanimously to adopt the mega-jackpot lottery game. Powerball tickets will go on sale in California on April 8, 2013.

Lottery officials previously urged winners to take their time coming forward.

Winners should sign the ticket, put it in a safe place and seek legal and financial advice before redeeming it, Missouri lottery director May Scheve Reardon said.

Whoever comes forward with the winning tickets may want to speak to Donald Lawson. The Michigan man won the $337 million Powerball prize in August and vowed that the new infusion of green would not change him — or his eating habits.

“I’m a millionaire now, but I’ll still go to McDonald’s,” Lawson said as he stood smiling at the Michigan Lottery headquarters in Lansing.

Back in Dearborn, resident Bill Matney said he hoped the winning ticket holder didn’t “get deluged by a lot of people wanting part of their winnings.”

“And that they put it to a good use like charity,” he told KCTV. “I mean, who can spend that much money?”

By Chelsea J. Carter

CNN’s Shawn Nottingham and Kyung Lah contributed to this report.

The-CNN-Wire[emoji]8482[/emoji] & [emoji]169[/emoji] 2012 Cable News Network, Inc., a Time Warner Company. All rights reserved.
Rigged.

The idiot went on Facebook and announced it. He asked for everything that will come to him.

[QUOTE url="[URL]http://fox2now.com/author/joetvstl/[/URL]"]
[h1]KC Royals Player’s Numbers To Used Win Powerball[/h1]

Posted on: 7:29 am, November 30, 2012, by Joe Millitzer, updated on: 07:42am, November 30, 2012

[TABLE]
[TR]
[td]

[/td]

[td]

[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD]

[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD] [/TD]
[td] [/td]

[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

[/TD]
[TD]

[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

[/td]

[td]

[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD]

[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD] [/TD]
[td] [/td]

[td]

Pinterest

[/td]

[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

[/TD]
[TD]

[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

[/td]

[td]

[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD]

[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD] [/TD]
[td] [/td]

[td]

[/td]

[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

[/TD]
[TD]

[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

[/td]

[td]

[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD]

[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD] [/TD]
[td] [/td]

[td]

Twitter

[/td]

[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

[/TD]
[TD]

[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

[/td]

[td]

[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD] [/TD]
[td] [/td]

[td]

Email

[/td]

[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

[/td]

[/TR]
[/TABLE]

ST. LOUIS, MO (KTVI) – Several sources say that Dearborn, Missouri man Mark Hill used Kansas City Royals baseball player’s numbers to pick his winning ticket. Many of the players are in the hall of fame. Bo Jackson is not in the baseball hall of fame but many Royals fans think he should be.
Players
Rigged.

The idiot went on Facebook and announced it. He asked for everything that will come to him.
[/quote]

are you freaking kidding me? >: he won from playing baseball players' jersey numbers? I'm with you I think it was rigged as well. dude is gonna get a whole bunch of knocks on his door though. he better watch his back.

I don't think its rigged(any more).

You don't know how long dudes been playing those numbers. People play numbers like that religiously.

How is it rigged exactly?
Man you're on NT...everything here is rigged/ a conspiracy
laugh.gif
the lottery is rigged, cuz regardless of the outcome- more money goes in than the amount that is won. But as far as the winners, nope
Well, I mean the point of it isnt to just give all kinds of $$$$$$$$$$ away so yeah, Gov't gonna get theirs.

Glad people aren't saying person winning is rigged.

so if someone wins and gets the lump sum of say 100 mil, how much tax do they take? And do they have to keep paying tax off of that each year?

Too bad it wasnt me, but this is awesome. Funny how it so often are older people that win. I only know of a few young ppl to win

I'm even happier for the guy who won a million whose house was in foreclosure.

Missouri names Powerball jackpot winners; shocked wife told husband, 'I think I am having a heart attack'

By Elizabeth Chuck, NBC News

A husband and wife from Dearborn, Mo., are the lucky ticket holders who won half of the record Powerball jackpot worth $587.5 million, and they couldn't be more shocked at their good fortune.

"I called my husband and told him, 'I think I am having a heart attack,'" Cindy Hill, 51, said, according to a Missouri Lottery press release. "I think we just won the lottery!"

After hearing on Thursday morning that one of the winning tickets was sold in Missouri -- the other was sold in Arizona -- Cindy dropped her daughter off at school, went to a convenience store for a winning numbers report, and checked her tickets in her car, the press release said.

Upon seeing that one of the five tickets she bought had the winning combination, Cindy said she headed straight to her mother-in-law's house and asked her to double-check the ticket. Husband Mark, 52, joined her there to see for himself.

Follow @NBCNewsUS

Advertise | AdChoices

"You know it's the Show Me State, so he said, 'Show me,'" Cindy said.

With the odds of any single ticket winning the jackpot at 1 in 175 million, the Hills said they hardly gave a thought to winning.

"I was just telling my daughter the night before, 'Honey, that probably never happens (people winning),'" Cindy said.

The Hills said they have just begun dreaming of how to spend their $293.7 million share of the pot. Cindy was an office manager until she was laid off in 2010; Mark works as a mechanic for Hillshire Brands, according to the Missouri Lottery.

The couple has three adult children and a 6-year-old girl they adopted from China, a friend of theirs, David Troutman, said on TODAY before the couple’s identity was confirmed by lottery officials.

Since winning, they have considered adopting again, the lottery press release said. Mark has spoken of getting a red Camaro; they also would like to take their 6-year-old to the beach, since she's never been to one.

Their daughter also wants a horse, according to Cindy, so "in a couple of years, I'd say yes."

They are looking forward to not working and traveling together as a family using their winnings, she added.

Troutman, a former high school classmate of the winning couple, said they first posted the news on Facebook.

"I was on Facebook and I saw that his wife had posted, ‘Thank you God, we won the lottery.’ Of course everybody in town, all his friends, gave all thumbs up. It couldn’t have happened to a better guy,’’ Troutman said.

The Hills are high school sweethearts, he said. In the tiny town of Dearborn -- population, 496 -- their identity didn't stay secret for long.

“Word spread that he won so fast,’’ Troutman said. “I heard that it was a winner from Dearborn, and by the time I walked in the door my mom was on the phone, and she said, ‘He won. It was him.’ Who knows what the impact will be on Dearborn.’’

Dearborn is about 35 miles north of Kansas City, the home of the Royals baseball team.

No one has come forward yet to claim the winning ticket in Arizona, but on Thursday, a mystery man showed up at a gas station in Upper Marlboro, Md., claiming to hold the big winner.

Surveillance video showed a man in a yellow construction suit slowly amble up to the counter, where he pulled out some lottery tickets. After confirming that the numbers on one of the tickets matched, he can be seen in the video repeatedly pumping his fists. It’s unclear what the man was doing in Maryland with a ticket ostensibly from Arizona.

so if someone wins and gets the lump sum of say 100 mil, how much tax do they take? And do they have to keep paying tax off of that each year?

Check you state tax. I think, you just pay the tax on that one lump sum.

Its the gift tax that gets people.

No state or local tax on PA lottery winnings which allows Uncle Sam to take out a max of 45%:smh: I'll give the money to my wife as a give to lessen that blow. But I find it funny that the Powerball NEVER goes above $230million or so.

No state or local tax on PA lottery winnings which allows Uncle Sam to take out a max of 45%
mean.gif
I'll give the money to my wife as a give to lessen that blow. But I find it funny that the Powerball NEVER goes above $230million or so.
Where you get that at man?  On lottostrategies it says somebody in PA where I stay too only has to pay the 25% and thats it.  That would stink paying 45% instead of just 25%. They must have just changed it in the last few years cause my mans friend won 2mill and he didn't get 45% taken out just the 25%

Back
Top Bottom