The OFFICIAL Powerball and Megamillions thread:

laugh.gif
 I'm just saying.. I think the odds are the same maneeeeeee no matter if I had one or two tickets
hmm.. I'm no math genius but how about this: The odds of winning are the same whether you play or don't play!!! ZING I WIN.
This is probably true lol

if you spend more than $5 on a lotto ticket you're wasting your money. It's pretty much luck. Ask the winners who've won, I doubt they spent $1000s on their tickets.

if you spend more than $5 on a lotto ticket you're wasting your money. It's pretty much luck. Ask the winners who've won, I doubt they spent $1000s on their tickets.

um. it's not "pretty much" luck. it is pure and complete, unadulterated luck.

also your odds do increase by buying more than one ticket, but not enough for it to be worth the extra money.

think about it this way, for a draw game with this many numbers, the chance that NOBODY hits the jackpot are around 87%.

i'm curious about the diminishing returns aspect. Like seriously is half a billion going to make an individual proportionally happier than say $50 Million. It appears people think oh well if it was only $50, 10, 1 Million I wouldn't play (presumably because of the odds) but $500 Million! thats a different story. 

I think with all the things ide want to do, all the investments i'de want to make, and all the family I'd want to hook up i feel like i'de need probably a minimum of about 80 million. So in a way winning a billion dollars as oppose to 80 million wouldn't make me proportionally happier, because what i could do and want to do with a billion dollars, i could equally do with 80 million.

Say if i won 80 million My immediate family would be getting 7 million each in a trust fund, so that's 35 million right there. Probably another 10 mill for extended family and friends. Probably a 4 million dollar home and a million dollars worth of cars. Probably a million dollars in clothing, sneakers, shoes, furniture, and home modifications.

After all that i probably would've spent about 50 million. I'de like to put about 10 million in my checking account, and about another 10 in a savings account.

If i were to win a billion dollars the numbers would remain exactly the same. I would only need about 70 million of that billion. The rest would just be invested in.

So in retrospect, of the $550,000,000, the net payout would be about $240 million. about 70 million would be reserved for everything mentioned above. Everything else would be invested in.
We must have been on the same wave length with just about everything you posted. My final total was about 10-15mil higher but everything else was basically the same esp the house, clothes, and family(10mil a piece for immediate and 5 or 2 for fam I'm cool with but don't talk to and closest friends). Cars was a little more expense cause I had to add the bugatti and aventador into the mix even though I know I would probably sell both after a year or two.

if you spend more than $5 on a lotto ticket you're wasting your money. It's pretty much luck. Ask the winners who've won,
doubt they spent $1000s on their tickets.

On all those lottery shows I've seen those ppl who won, were on their last few bucks.. or in need of a lot of money.. Either that's true or they just say that for dramtic effect.

$10 bucks for the chance at $550 mil... sure, why not..

would be cool if someone from NT one....i think the last big one 6 months ago was won by 3 people one of them a young dude....
good luck!

For those who are saying that "buying more tickets doesn't increase your odds", you are 100% wrong.  There are 175 million different combinations b/w the 5 numbers you pick and the powerball.  If you had $350 million dollars (175 million combinations x $2/ticket), you would win the lotto every single time.  While there is an insignificant difference until you buy a significant amount of tickets, the odds definitely work more in your favor as you purchase more tickets.

Wife asked me why I didn't play :stoneface: Tired of wastin my money on that crap. I'd rather play it when it's at the minimum than this large, play the odds

^ its $2 famb :lol:

Anything more, then ya its a waste but .000001% chance > 0%

I'll take my chances for $2, hell i went in and got 2 for $4

Last edited:
if i won my ice and chain game would be legendary brah...stupid large chains. i'll cop a wrist piece like ghost got but better. i'll be around here lookin like a wealthy african prince or something

Last edited:
If i win im buying NT and making members pay to post. You cant join unless you pay monthly for your account. Than i'll buy myself a NBA Team and start myself @ PG.

I'll franchise few gyms.

Live in a vegas condo. with spetacular views.

If i win im buying NT and making members pay to post. You cant join unless you pay monthly for your account. Than i'll buy myself a NBA Team and start myself @ PG.
I'll franchise few gyms.
ban this man.

1 ticket odds are 1 in 175,000,000 right?

You think that if you bought 2 tickets your odds would be 1 in 87,500,000?

And you're saying if you bought 1,000 tickets your odds would be 1 to 175,000?

got to b the dumbest member on this site. Did you really just say that??

If i win im buying NT and making members pay to post. wait a month. You cant join unless you pay monthly for your account. Than i'll buy myself a NBA Team and start myself @ PG.

I'll franchise few gyms.

Fixed.

Cant be a player/owner Jackie Moon.

Back
Top Bottom