The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | State of Play Today | Death Stranding 2 | Silent Hill on PSN | Hell Divers | Stellar Blade | Rise of Ronin

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Im away on business the week it drops, so I imagine it will be spoiled for me regardless. I am trying to avoid everything, but the internet is undefeated.

Edit: Sappy enjoy that Steam download. :wow:

The Steam Version can get ******. Good thing I never bothered downloading that on my Steam Deck. :lol:

I am so excited for this game. I easily put over 2k hours into MHW. That game was amazing and I hope this one is too.

this game/franchise is the main reason i got a ps5 :lol:

rise just didnt hit the same so been waiting for wilds for so long

this game/franchise is the main reason i got a ps5 :lol:

rise just didnt hit the same so been waiting for wilds for so long
Rise was alright. Faster paced with some pretty interesting mechanics. But yeah, MHW is just that game for me. It clicked in ways that very few games ever had, and I want more of it's playstyle. I am there day 1 with my switch axe in hand. :lol:

Are the updating the graphics on Destiny? Or is the expansion just that big?
The reason its so big on PC is because that's the pre-load size of the expansion. And for some reason Bungie/Sony refuse to compress the file so it wont take up that much space. :lol:
The console size is more or less what I was expecting for the game.

You can tell a few people weren't around for PS3. :lol:

Naughty Dog released 4 original games on PS3.

We're going to see (as in revealed) Naughty Dog's first original PS5 game in year 4 or 5 of PS5.

1st party output was far more exciting on PS3. Now, there's good reason for that, but it still kinda sucks.

And we're not even getting trailers to get excited about anything, so everything feels even further out. There's no hype cycles to get on even.

Last edited:
Were they still making PS2 games in 2010?

I low key think they might have lol. But it didn’t feel like there was as many cross generation titles.

Naughty Dog released 4 original games on PS3.

We're going to see (as in revealed) Naughty Dog's first original PS5 game in year 4 or 5 of PS5.

1st party output was far more exciting on PS3. Now, there's good reason for that, but it still kinda sucks.

And we're not even getting trailers to get excited about anything, so everything feels even further out. There's no hype cycles to get on even.

I guess we will just pretend development cycles are the same as they were 15 years ago.

If you honestly think the PS3 generation had better games I am just going to have to disagree. Higher volume? Sure. Quantity doesn't equal quality.

What’s the verdict on Concord today in here? I thought it looked kinda dope but not enough to want to purchase it.

Astro Bot the star of the show. No PSVR2 compatibility though so that device is dead. Sad but understandable.

I guess we will just pretend development cycles are the same as they were 15 years ago.

If you honestly think the PS3 generation had better games I am just going to have to disagree. Higher volume? Sure. Quantity doesn't equal quality.

Agreed

PS3 first party was definitely solid and I think it's where Sony found their feet and laid the foundation but things really took off on the PS4.
1st party titles used to sell 5 Million max on the PS3 unless it was Gran Turismo.

PS4 was when PS 1st party titles started doing Nintendo numbers.

What’s the verdict on Concord today in here? I thought it looked kinda dope but not enough to want to purchase it.

I thought it looked solid. I wasn't expecting much after the first trailer but I even liked the new CGI trailer. You just have to compare the reception this got to Suicide Squad.

The hero shooter space is gonna be crowded with Marvel Rivals and whatever Valve is making.

They need that beta to take off like the Destiny beta.

I thought it looked solid. I wasn't expecting much after the first trailer but I even liked the new CGI trailer. You just have to compare the reception this got to Suicide Squad.

The hero shooter space is gonna be crowded with Marvel Rivals and whatever Valve is making.

They need that beta to take off like the Destiny beta.
Agreed.

That beta needs to take off and I really believe the game needs to be f2p. I know some will say “look at Helldivers 2” but I think that was a unique situation. Concord is essentially competing against other PvP shooters and many of them are f2p i.e. Overwatch, Valorant, etc.

I totally forgot to mention how great Astro looked. I want to cop day one but I might just hold off and gift it to my son for Christmas and we can play together.

1717158756116.jpeg

Sounds like it's business as usual. Some journalists were saying Sony would have to do day and date on PC cuz they're struggling.

I’m sure there are some onesies here and there but I don’t think they understand the PC crowd. I believe a good majority of them will wait it out rather than buy a console to play a sequel to a game they originally played on PC.

If I can wait over a decade to play TLOU Part I, what’s a few more years to wait for Part II?

Part II released in 2020 and already has a PC port announced. Ragnarok released in 2022 and it’s coming to PC this fall.

Back
Top Bottom