The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | State of Play Today | Death Stranding 2 | Silent Hill on PSN | Hell Divers | Stellar Blade | Rise of Ronin

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Only PS5 trophy that mattered.

1606836587587.png

4FnM.gif

So the Valley Stream Walmart in Long Island has them in stock. I decided to check it out. It’s a complete **** show. I was the 3rd one there. The employees/manager etc refused to sell them. We did a barcode shelf inventory check and 19 came up . Manager refused to admit they had any in stock. Long story short after wasting 2 hours there from everyone telling us something different they called security on us. I sweet talked the manager this Jamaican ting and she started studdering. Me and the dudes (7 total of us) that refused to believe the employees, decided to give $50 each for them to cut the BS. But they still refused. Wild waste of time.

So the Valley Stream Walmart in Long Island has them in stock. I decided to check it out. It’s a complete **** show. I was the 3rd one there. The employees/manager etc refused to sell them. We did a barcode shelf inventory check and 19 came up . Manager refused to admit they had any in stock. Long story short after wasting 2 hours there from everyone telling us something different they called security on us. I sweet talked the manager this Jamaican ting and she started studdering. Me and the dudes (7 total of us) that refused to believe the employees, decided to give $50 each for them to cut the BS. But they still refused. Wild waste of time.
Told you.

Idk why you wasted your time

Yesterday I witnessed someone ask for a console at Wally World showing stock and they were told they were oos.... then the same employee lowered his voice and let the customer know he could sell him one but needed to know how much he was willing to spend. It was savage....

Anyhoo, Wally is a complete lottery. Web only compliance varies from store to store and from the informed to the ignorant. All you can do is continue to ask and maybe hit the lottery. This particular store did have a full PS5 display running without the dualsense, so the web order stuff should be expired soon. I would have taken a picture but I was in the PS Direct queue still trying to hit for my bro.

One of my local gamestops continues to tell me that I am third on their list but with their thirst for selling bundles - I don't expect to get a call before 2021.

Exactly.

Digital PS5 =
1606842034893.png

Disc PS5 =
1606842067950.png

Why do people prefer the disc honestly? Is it just because that’s what we are accustomed to or is it solely based on games already owned? The industry is going digital either way.

I pretty much just play Battlefield games on mine as I don’t really have a big collection. Also only have a couple of movies on blu-ray. We have kids so everything is digital. I’m honestly considering just going the digital edition route.

Anyone have an idea on what ssd would be compatible or the closest on the market today that could go inside the ps5?

i know Sony has not officially announced any yet

Why do people prefer the disc honestly? Is it just because that’s what we are accustomed to or is it solely based on games already owned? The industry is going digital either way.

I pretty much just play Battlefield games on mine as I don’t really have a big collection. Also only have a couple of movies on blu-ray. We have kids so everything is digital. I’m honestly considering just going the digital edition route.
Disc sale prices tend to be significantly cheaper than digital and i like to lend my games out or borrow games from other people.

Disc sale prices tend to be significantly cheaper than digital

I dont know about significantly. psn black friday sale prices were mostly in line with physical copies some were cheaper than physical (control ultimate edition) some more expensive (nioh 2) but psn has deals every week. only time this argument applies is when its a bogo sale and new games are included

I'm still 'old-fashioned' when it comes to preferring discs. I buy the games that I really like and keep them in my 'collection'.

Reactions: ARK
I asked someone to check it out for me yesterday and they basically got hit with the lies as well.

First reason is the Blu-Ray player for $100 & the option to be able to play disc's in general. Besides that I like to have physical copies of things that way I can collect/hold on to them for years to come. Same reason most of us in here have old consoles still or even old favorite disc games just because. I found and shared the OG Tenchu game from PS1 that I still held onto & prolly never get rid of...

I think I'm just going to phone it in until 2021.

At the very least I can play Cyberpunk 2077 next week on my dusty base model ps4 smh.

First world problems in third world America.

• Haha
Reactions: ARK

Depends on the country but where I'm at, physical is cheaper.

Anyone have an idea on what ssd would be compatible or the closest on the market today that could go inside the ps5?

i know Sony has not officially announced any yet

I wouldn't risk buying one yet though

But the biggest lie is Target employees talking about the systems are for online ordering but Target hasn't sold any online in over a week

If you are waiting for Target to be like Walmart and announce a formal time when they sell PS5's online for home delivery, i don't think that will happen much anymore, if it all. :ohwell:

I think when the employees are referring to online, they are restocking the inventory on Target.com/app at random times for in-store pickup/home delivery only.

I don't think they want people to continously camp and stalk the electronics department 24/7 during a pandemic.

My friend was stalking the app all last week and saw inventory restock at his local store this past Saturday & he was able to secure one.
So sales are definitely happening, it just probably wont occur how you would prefer.

PO

I posted this in the old thread, but I chose the disc version for these reasons:

-I have backlog of games I still need to finish
-I don't want to be forced to pay PSN store prices. Its always full retail on new releases & they often don't have the standard version.
-When i finish my games, I share/swap with friends and or sell it. I don't have that option with digital.
-Downloading a game from disc will be MUCH faster than online.
-Stores will have better deals for physical copies. (EX: Target has B2G1 right now, i never see that type of offer on PSN)
-I still have the option for digital games as well.

PO

Not sure which spider man version it is, but one of them is the exact gameplay from the batman games

Question: My kids have access to their uncles library. Will they be able to use his PS4 games and the PS5 upgrade them, or will I have to buy PS5 games because their uncle still has the PS4?

Back
Top Bottom