The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | SOP Today 3PM PST / NEW Firmware Update is LIVE / PS5 Pro launches 11/7 for $699

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Denzel Washington Reaction GIF

just pre ordered the ps5 pro had a question does the current external disc player can be used with the pro or is there a special disk version to buy for the pro?

just remembered i installed a 1tb ssd in my current ps5 stepping up to 3tb with the pro is much needed running out of space

IMG_3022.jpeg

Just came in, I wanna play but goddamn BG3 is CRACK rn

i saw this out there but didnt know what this was..... curios....

but yea that BG3 is dope. i need to re run that game maybe once i get my ps5 pro will run another play thru

I'll be redeploying late next week and look forward to playing some new stuff. This rotation to Korea was great for the backlog, but I'm eager to check out Silent Hill 2, Dragon Age: The Veilguard, and Metaphor. I wanted to go straight into Metaphor, but I think I'll hold off until Christmas Break, where I'll have about 3.5-4 weeks off.

Hard mode in those two aren’t very fun either. The fact that you cannot replenish your mp is mind boggling.
I liked the challenge, didn't really need to use MP until boss fights anyway. And if you were keen, just use aerith with Genji Gloves and MP absorb....unlimited spells.

What do you guys think of the PlayStation Portal?
I been thinking of getting one, I been watching review videos on YouTube and I'm getting mixed reviews.
I don't do much gaming, but since my PS5 is connected to my main Livingroom TV i don't get to play much anyways.
I don't travel much, but sometimes I play at work using the Backbone or I may want to play in a different room at home while the Tv is being used.
Lately i been playing AstroBot, MLB The Show, but mainly, I play COD Multiplayer and other games here and there.
Is the Portal worth it or should i just stick to the Backbone? Issues i have with the backbone are, screen size (iPhone 15 pro) and I also get a lot of lag (Wi-Fi 6 1gb speed).

Anyone play Undisputed yet?
Is it worth buying?
gameplay and graphics look very underwhelming from what I've seen.
I'm thinking of picking it up today, but afraid it might be on sale soon.

Anyone play Undisputed yet?
Is it worth buying?
gameplay and graphics look very underwhelming from what I've seen.
I'm thinking of picking it up today, but afraid it might be on sale soon.
Gameplay has short comings. The stamina system is broken, punch detection is broken, and all everyone does is spam power punches. Also the fighter roster sucks.

The game is mid, but its fun head to head with friends if you make house rules and agree to not just throw hay makers every punch.

I been thinking of getting one, I been watching review videos on YouTube and I'm getting mixed reviews.
I don't do much gaming, but since my PS5 is connected to my main Livingroom TV i don't get to play much anyways.
I don't travel much, but sometimes I play at work using the Backbone or I may want to play in a different room at home while the Tv is being used.
Lately i been playing AstroBot, MLB The Show, but mainly, I play COD Multiplayer and other games here and there.
Is the Portal worth it or should i just stick to the Backbone? Issues i have with the backbone are, screen size (iPhone 15 pro) and I also get a lot of lag (Wi-Fi 6 1gb speed).

Loved it at first but in retrospect, it was mostly because it got me back into other types of games besides sim racing. With sim racing being 85-95% of my regular gaming, the portal was quite refreshing. Then I started to struggle in advanced stages with simple stuff like Tetris and titles w/ more challenging mechanics like Sifu. Hearing more and more about the portal's lag, I decided to play the games directly on console and it was immediately apparent that the delay was real and so the honeymoon period ended abruptly. (The delay was similar to that of my backbone experience w/ iPhone 15 Pro Max.)

So I ended up selling while I could still get most of the spend back... sold it as a bundle with the ear buds. The buds have truly amazing clarity, more than the over-ear variant w/ out an amp, but they just don't have enough volume. Big miss...

There have been updates and tons of user advice since then on how to improve the experience, things like discrete wifi channels, etc. but I got out relatively early. I pre-ordered the anniversary edition but not sure what I want to do with it - yet.

Edit - We have 1Gb At&t fiber and the console was on wifi about 15ft away from the router. Also, trying to use my hotspot when mobile was a super fail..

Last edited:
Definitely good if you're playing single-player, RPG-type games. Astro Bot runs nice on it.

But honestly, I don't use it enough. May just sell or trade it in before the Pro release.

Yeah I don't really see the appeal of the thing... a handheld not exactly portable device that cost almost half the price of the console. If I wanted to play my PS5 in a room my PS5 wasn't in... I'd buy another PS5 (or another console/pc to play on).

Back
Top Bottom