The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | SOP Today 3PM PST / NEW Firmware Update is LIVE / PS5 Pro launches 11/7 for $699

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
if yall follow kojima on instagram, he very rarely puts captions on his instagram posts.

a lot of times he’ll post a movie poster which indicates that he watched it. if there’s no caption, it means he didn’t like it.

but there are few times he writes a long *** review for a movie in the captions and it means he loved it.

he should really try making a movie

Is Death Stranding adjacent to Final Fantasy Spirits Within lol?

Hironobu Sakaguchi was feeling himself after Final Fantasy VII - IX.

Hideo should just make a smiliar type movie that can be derided for its nonsensical and metaphysical story.

Is Death Stranding adjacent to Final Fantasy Spirits Within lol?

Hironobu Sakaguchi was feeling himself after Final Fantasy VII - IX.

Hideo should just make a smiliar type movie that can be derided for its nonsensical and metaphysical story.

No. It's an actual real live game. There are mechanics. There is a progression. You are controlling a character for hours and hours.

People act like he's still making MGS 4 over and over again, but that's not the case. Ground Zeroes, MGS V, and Death Stranding are all heavy on gameplay.

^^^You think Konami can um remake his old games so they can make sense and play modern?

They low key dropped the ball with the MGS 3 remake.

Or is that just a Capgod thing?

I'm honestly not crazy about the OG grey PS color scheme. I get it, but I honestly rather have something black to match the rest of my AV equipment, or something really cool like the skeleton blue PS4 Pro... I think that console look much cooler than another of the grey anniversary systems.

They didn’t change anything. Folks already complaining about the lip synching and it’s a one-for-one copy. They didn’t want to go the remake route Capcom followed with their RE-makes.

I haven’t read much on the Silent Hill 2 remake. Is it one-for-one or are they modernizing it?

Idk man, outside of NT I try not to look at people’s opinions on video games. It just seems like everybody complains about video games instead of playing them or talking about the ones they enjoy. I’m sure I can be guilty of it at times too but the stuff I see people complain about are things I don’t think I’d even notice if I played and didn’t read what people had to say.

As far as Silent Hill 2, I didn’t look into much. It’s new to me and I didn’t want to be spoiled.

You never played the original PlayStation trilogy?

All three were dope. Sad stories.

I’d say the controls back then weren’t the greatest and the fog and some other effects were put in place due to technology limitations.

Edit: I played and loved the original MGS 3 on PS2. My concern is the level design being the same but them adding some of the gameplay changes a la Twin Snakes. It was a fun romp but way too easy and the original design is broken. All they had to do was remake it to make it more modern as well as discard the creep vibes.

Last edited:
^^^You think Konami can um remake his old games so they can make sense and play modern?

They low key dropped the ball with the MGS 3 remake.

Or is that just a Capgod thing?

I don't think Konami can do that. The MGS 3 remake being 1:1 says as much.

They have been out of AAA development for nearly a decade. They don't have the resources to do anything beyond 1:1 remakes/ HD ports.

Capcom is light years ahead of Konami.

I don't think Konami can do that. The MGS 3 remake being 1:1 says as much.

They have been out of AAA development for nearly a decade. They don't have the resources to do anything beyond 1:1 remakes/ HD ports.

Capcom is light years ahead of Konami.
Sad times.

Well hoping these remixed remasters are successful. I want part four. Never played it on PS3 (though I have it).

You never played the original PlayStation trilogy?

All three were dope. Sad stories.

I’d say the controls back then weren’t the greatest and the fog and some other effects were put in place due to technology limitations.

Edit: I played and loved the original MGS 3 on PS2. My concern is the level design being the same but them adding some of the gameplay changes a la Twin Snakes. It was a fun romp but way too easy and the original design is broken. All they had to do was remake it to make it more modern as well as discard the creep vibes.
PS1 is a weird gen for me. I was mostly on N64 then and probably got a game or two a year. Final Fantasy VII, VIII, IX and Symphony of the Night are the standout PS1 games, for me. Oh and WWF Smackdown 2 was my joint too. There are some other gems as well but I missed a lot of games that helped build PS1 up. I also wasn’t into horror games either.

PS1 is a weird gen for me. I was mostly on N64 then and probably got a game or two a year. Final Fantasy VII, VIII, IX and Symphony of the Night are the standout PS1 games, for me. Oh and WWF Smackdown 2 was my joint too. There are some other gems as well but I missed a lot of games that helped build PS1 up. I also wasn’t into horror games either.

No legend of legia? That was a fun rpg.

Bro.

I had Saturn, N64 and PS1. If I had to give my order of play. Saturn>>PS1>>>>>>>>N64.

Saturn had the fighters so I’d import them. But PlayStation had them classics Crash Bandicoot, RE 1-3, Tomb Raider (didn’t like 2-3), Tekken 1-3, Xenogears, Final Fantasy Tactics, Symphony of the Night, FF VII-IX, Lunar Remakes, Ridge Racer 1-4 (four being an absolute classic), Metal Gear Solid, Silent Hill. So many classics. That was really the last generation I played games heavy. That’s why I liked the idea of the PS Pro Anniversary. Takes me back to my favorite generation (not to say it’s the best).

I’m glad you get the opportunity to play Silent Hill and MGS 3.

I remember playing Saturn but I never owned one so I’m not sure how I played it :lol:

Suikoden and Lunar being remade is awesome too because I get to experience those for the first time without having to play on Vita or emulation. I can probably play all 90s JRPGs next year and they’ll all be new experiences; Grandia Collection, Lunar Remasters, Suikoden HD, Star Ocean Second Story R, Dragon Quest III HD-2D :smokin

Same people saying they fell asleep playing Death Stranding are the ones combat-rolling for 30 minutes in order to get 3 sword swipes at a Gothic-Victorian horror, calling it "peak gameplay".

"Repeatedly dying is fun and a revolutionary game mechanic, bro".

Bro.

I had Saturn, N64 and PS1. If I had to give my order of play. Saturn>>PS1>>>>>>>>N64.

Saturn had the fighters so I’d import them. But PlayStation had them classics Crash Bandicoot, RE 1-3, Tomb Raider (didn’t like 2-3), Tekken 1-3, Xenogears, Final Fantasy Tactics, Symphony of the Night, FF VII-IX, Lunar Remakes, Ridge Racer 1-4 (four being an absolute classic), Metal Gear Solid, Silent Hill. So many classics. That was really the last generation I played games heavy. That’s why I liked the idea of the PS Pro Anniversary. Takes me back to my favorite generation (not to say it’s the best).

I’m glad you get the opportunity to play Silent Hill and MGS 3.

For me, PS1 was my favorite console that generation by far. It's also my 2nd favorite console of all time after the SNES. I didn't get a Saturn until the next gen... I couldn't afford to import back then back when I got my first job I went and found a few Saturns and all the games I wanted back when they were still affordable.

Anyway, Suikoden II is great... my 2nd favorite game of all time after Chrono Trigger.

Back
Top Bottom