The Official PlayStation 3 | ViTA Thread Vol. Plenty of Life Left

"woo im sweatin" looking at those damn prices. I dont know the ticket of the console yet but i assume i want to have an additional 2 controllers plus a few games, easily sounds like a STACK spent...FML

qft. I still feel like ps3 is still in it's prime.

Don't forget, God of War 2... a top 5 PS2 game, was released five months AFTER the PS3 was on shelves...

As much as I love that game, and the fact it was pretty much the last great game for one of, if not the, greatest consoles ever, I still feel like this console generation would've gone a lot differently had it released on PS3.

I doubt it, but this

tumblr_mik6i0cjMq1r9qj4xo1_500.png

is COMPLETELY false.

When PlayStation 4 was announced in New York City last night, Sony showed the interface, the games, and told you what was inside, but they didn’t show what it looks like. According to Sony Computer Entertainment America CEO Jack Tretton, that’s because it’s not yet ready.

“We’re certainly capable of showing playable game content,” Tretton told AllThingsD, “but we don’t have a mass-production box that we can bring out and pull out. That’s still in development in terms of final specs and design.”

The box will be shown later this year. But even so, Tretton says what it looks like isn’t as important as what it does.

“You certainly look at it when you insert a disc, but for most people, it’s behind a cabinet or on a shelf somewhere and you spend all your time looking at the screen. And we wanted to show people the screen.”

Additionally, Tretton confirmed to Polygon that while PlayStation 4 won’t support 4K output for games, it will support “for personal contents, like photos or videos.”

And one last bit—probably one assumed—Sony Worldwide Studios boss Shuhei Yoshida told Polygon that PlayStation 4 will not support the DualShock 3 controller. “But it does support PS Move,” he said.

Probably pick up at least D2. Fate Paradox looks cool as well. Maybe all three, but that back-catalogue might not allow it. :smh:

Introducing Three New PlayStation 3-Exclusive JRPGs
All due out in 2013 on Sony’s current-gen console.
by Colin Moriarty FEBRUARY 21, 2013

NIS – or Nippon Ichi Software – isn’t a household name. But among the masses of JRPG players in the world, especially in the west, NIS represents one of the most prolific conduits by which Japanese games reach American and European shores. Today, IGN is pleased to reveal that NIS will be bringing three PlayStation 3-exclusive Japanese RPGs to North America and Europe in 2013, and we have complete details on each of those games below.

Disgaea Dimensions 2: A Brighter Darkness
Let’s start with what is perhaps the biggest of the batch, Disgaea Dimensions 2: A Brighter Darkness. Developed internally at Nippon Ichi Software, Disgaea 2 Dimensions launches in about a month in Japan, and will come out in the west this fall. Dimensions 2 is rumored to be a direct sequel to the PlayStation 2 strategy-RPG Disgaea: Hour of Darkness, and supports a similar graphical flair as found in Disgaea 4.

NIS notes that Disgaea Dimensions 2 is intended to celebrate both the 20th anniversary of the company and the 10th anniversary of its most famous franchise. DLC will be released to keep the game fresh following its launch later this year.

Time and Eternity
Next up is Time and Eternity, known as TokiTowa or Toki to Towa in Japan. Developed by Image Epoch, the studio behind the Luminous Arc franchise, TokiTowa launched in Japan late last year and is set for a Summer, 2013 release in North America and Europe.

Time and Eternity is notable because it’s the “first HD animation RPG”, meaning that all characters are drawn using cel animation and are therefore not actual 3D models (or sprites). The game takes place in a locale known as Kamza, with a nameless male character about to marry the princess of his kingdom, Toki, as the tale begins. However, Toki has an alter-ego – Towa – and this fact sits at the center of the game’s plot.

The Guided Fate Paradox
Finally, we’ve come to The Guided Fate Paradox, known as KamiPara in Japan. Like Disgaea Dimensions 2, The Guided Fate Paradox was developed internally at NIS, and is set to come to the PlayStation 3 in the Fall of 2013 in the west. The Guided Fate Paradox is described as a rogue-like RPG, music to the ears of gamers looking to spend lots and lots of time with a single game.

Indeed, the Guided Fate Paradox is described as “the spiritual successor” to ZHP, another rogue-like dungeon crawler. As such, expect a load of customization in the game and a slew of randomly-generated dungeons to keep you on your toes.

What I want to know is if games in general are going to be longer.
Whether single player games are still going to be put out instead of multiplayer game with a single player mode.

Probably pick up at least D2. Fate Paradox looks cool as well. Maybe all three, but that back-catalogue might not allow it.
mean.gif

Introducing Three New PlayStation 3-Exclusive JRPGs
All due out in 2013 on Sony’s current-gen console.
by Colin Moriarty FEBRUARY 21, 2013

NIS – or Nippon Ichi Software – isn’t a household name. But among the masses of JRPG players in the world, especially in the west, NIS represents one of the most prolific conduits by which Japanese games reach American and European shores. Today, IGN is pleased to reveal that NIS will be bringing three PlayStation 3-exclusive Japanese RPGs to North America and Europe in 2013, and we have complete details on each of those games below.

Disgaea Dimensions 2: A Brighter Darkness
Let’s start with what is perhaps the biggest of the batch, Disgaea Dimensions 2: A Brighter Darkness. Developed internally at Nippon Ichi Software, Disgaea 2 Dimensions launches in about a month in Japan, and will come out in the west this fall. Dimensions 2 is rumored to be a direct sequel to the PlayStation 2 strategy-RPG Disgaea: Hour of Darkness, and supports a similar graphical flair as found in Disgaea 4.

NIS notes that Disgaea Dimensions 2 is intended to celebrate both the 20th anniversary of the company and the 10th anniversary of its most famous franchise. DLC will be released to keep the game fresh following its launch later this year.

Time and Eternity
Next up is Time and Eternity, known as TokiTowa or Toki to Towa in Japan. Developed by Image Epoch, the studio behind the Luminous Arc franchise, TokiTowa launched in Japan late last year and is set for a Summer, 2013 release in North America and Europe.

Time and Eternity is notable because it’s the “first HD animation RPG”, meaning that all characters are drawn using cel animation and are therefore not actual 3D models (or sprites). The game takes place in a locale known as Kamza, with a nameless male character about to marry the princess of his kingdom, Toki, as the tale begins. However, Toki has an alter-ego – Towa – and this fact sits at the center of the game’s plot.

The Guided Fate Paradox
Finally, we’ve come to The Guided Fate Paradox, known as KamiPara in Japan. Like Disgaea Dimensions 2, The Guided Fate Paradox was developed internally at NIS, and is set to come to the PlayStation 3 in the Fall of 2013 in the west. The Guided Fate Paradox is described as a rogue-like RPG, music to the ears of gamers looking to spend lots and lots of time with a single game.

Indeed, the Guided Fate Paradox is described as “the spiritual successor” to ZHP, another rogue-like dungeon crawler. As such, expect a load of customization in the game and a slew of randomly-generated dungeons to keep you on your toes.
D2 is copped but did you and battousai ever finish Persona 4 ?

Yes haha. Uncharted 2 and arkahm city are amazing. Uncharted 1 is great. I didn't finish uncharted 3 it wasn't BAD just felt like a big drop off after 2 which was amazing. The opening level is classic too

Yes haha. Uncharted 2 and arkahm city are amazing. Uncharted 1 is great. I didn't finish uncharted 3 it wasn't BAD just felt like a big drop off after 2 which was amazing. The opening level is classic too
You are buggin'

Uncharted 3 is outrageous

^^^ dont even waste ur time. just utube the last few levels. srs. the ending was very lackluster. naughty dog= overrated.

Back
Top Bottom