The Official PlayStation 3 | ViTA Thread Vol. Plenty of Life Left

Also renewed my PS+ to take advantage of 3 free months.

Now good until March of 2015
roll.gif
smokin.gif

Lets hope it makes an appearance on the PS4.
I did the same thing.
laugh.gif

Mine expires in February 2015.

this upcoming gen is gonna be the rise of socializing, moreso than just online multiplayer and coop

for starters, rumors  theres going to be the share function for sharing recorded screencaps and game play (word is that you can record 15min at a time)

rumors also point to a touchpad on the dualshock and its pretty obvious why - imagine playing PS:mobile on ps4 against others anywhere on their phone

also imagine playing on your PS at home with people chilling with you who can just whip out their phones and interact with your play, help OR hurt you
laugh.gif

its not just going to be console-to-console anymore, its gonna be console-vita-smartphone-pc/laptop-social networking- toaster -etc
pimp.gif

just so many possibilities, if sony ever gets their own version of occulus rift, that + psEYE + Move is gonna be
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

BUT if thats all youre going to limit yourself to, then just expect better graphics
laugh.gif
MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!! the more and more i think about it...I'm thinking Next playstation will be a Sony SEN x Google+ collabo

video chat with anyone with a smart phone and google+ app

recorded screencap and play and upload thru youtube

social network via. Google+

web browsering with chrome?

Also remember SONY VR set from a year or two?

To add to the Last of Us delay...

UPDATE: Sony has responded to IGN and confirmed that The Last of Us is delayed. Originally set to come out on May 7th, the game is now set for June 14th worldwide. Yes, that's a Friday. Naughty Dog has released the following statement:

As a team we pride ourselves on setting a very high quality bar for every aspect of our games – gameplay, story, art, design, technology and more. We want to make sure The Last of Us raises that bar even further – for ourselves, and most importantly, our fans.

As we entered the final phase of development for The Last of Us, we came to realize just how massive Joel and Ellie’s journey is. But instead of cutting corners or compromising our vision, we came to the tough decision that the game deserved a few extra weeks to ensure every detail of The Last of Us was up to Naughty Dog’s internal high standards.

What's up guys? Haven't been in here in a looong time. But quick question... Is Max Payne 3 a good game? Was thinking about picking it up. It's on amazon for like $22

Also renewed my PS+ to take advantage of 3 free months.

Now good until March of 2015 :rofl: :smokin

Lets hope it makes an appearance on the PS4.

PS+ is the worst thing to happen to my back log. Seriously how does Sony make money with it. Such a genius idea.

I'm also glad to hear that we're seeing Versus this year. Too many Ninty fans getting excited over Xenoblade 2 saying it looks better than Versus and Monolith are better devs. My body is ready S-E even though I know it won't be out anytime soon.

Also on the subject of late games here's what Ueda has to say about The Last Guardian

To All Interested Parties:

As some of you may have heard, I left Sony Computer Entertainment Japan Studio some time ago to pursue my creative passions. Nevertheless, I continue working on THE LAST GUARDIAN as a freelance contributor.

While it’s been a long time coming, THE LAST GUARDIAN remains under my creative supervision and is still in development by an incredibly talented team.

I should also mention that details regarding THE LAST GUARDIAN's release is solely decided by Sony Computer Entertainment, not myself. Please keep an eye out for their official announcement.

Moving forward, it is my intent to continue my involvement with THE LAST GUARDIAN project, as well as pursue new creative projects with a fresh perspective. As I rekindle my passions as a creator, I look forward to seeing where it will take me, and I deeply appreciate your support during this transition.

http://www.fumi.to/

Seems we are going to hear something about it soon and since the PS4 announcement is in exactly 1 week away, I hope it's now a PS4 title.

Man I can't wait. I'm hoping it's as powerful as the rumors and that connectivity with the Vita is built from the ground up.
It'll also be great to see some of the first party titles, even if it's a montage

Someone please tell me what the PS4 can possibly do that the PS3 doesnt. If I only play sports games (madden, mlb) a bit of racing and first shooter, what can the PS4 offer me? Probably nothing?

this upcoming gen is gonna be the rise of socializing, moreso than just online multiplayer and coop

for starters, rumors  theres going to be the share function for sharing recorded screencaps and game play (word is that you can record 15min at a time)

rumors also point to a touchpad on the dualshock and its pretty obvious why - imagine playing PS:mobile on ps4 against others anywhere on their phone

also imagine playing on your PS at home with people chilling with you who can just whip out their phones and interact with your play, help OR hurt you :lol:

its not just going to be console-to-console anymore, its gonna be console-vita-smartphone-pc/laptop-social networking- toaster -etc :pimp:

just so many possibilities, if sony ever gets their own version of occulus rift, that + psEYE + Move is gonna be :wow: :wow: :wow:

BUT if thats all youre going to limit yourself to, then just expect better graphics :lol:

All of this is true. The PS4 controller has changed as additional interactive buttons have been added (and it's not that "share" button). I hope the memory integration that dev controller has will be implemented. You're going to be shocked if they go ahead with what the controller will be able to do outside of controlling games.

The socialization aspect is dead on, you guys will really either be super impressed with the level of interactivity or want to turn all this **** off. Also be on the lookout for multiple camera's as previously reported. I'm not sure if it will ship with it or be an added peripheral but expect it. Also expect a console level (as opposed to publisher level) DRM and always on functionality. Distribution and installs are going to change look for that announcement at e3 on how that will all work, I don't think they will detail that in a week.

DO NOT expect hardware backwards compatibility but as I previously said before software emulation is probable (maybe not on launch). Cloud integration will be standard but upgrades will come with a price. Expect to see a tiered structure for storage that you will need to pay for to get the most out of the system.

Biometrics are coming and the tech is very cool. Consider a Resident evil type game that can tailor the scares to each individual person based on their level of fear or anxiety they're feeling. It's a very cool development tool that will come to fruition this generation.

Still unsure about the name as I've heard a few kicked around. If I was placing a Vegas bet I would say it will be called "PlayStation: XXXX" rather than "PlayStation 4"

Remember this console generation is aimed at all those 8-10 year old who got into gaming on the Wii and have become teenagers. Do not think that 20 something male's are Sony's target market. Look at what your younger siblings are into from a social, technological, and attitude perspective to see where this is all headed.

Not much more I can say except I am excited that Sony has finally moved to a familiar architecture and a uniform code base making development a lot easier. I'm going to need to shut up for the rest of the week but people are going to be excited and it's going to be "Your move Microsoft" in a week.

Last edited:
Someone please tell me what the PS4 can possibly do that the PS3 doesnt. If I only play sports games (madden, mlb) a bit of racing and first shooter, what can the PS4 offer me? Probably nothing?

also imagine playing on your PS at home with people chilling with you who can just whip out their phones and interact with your play, help OR hurt you :lol:

its not just going to be console-to-console anymore, its gonna be console-vita-smartphone-pc/laptop-social networking- toaster -etc :pimp:

just so many possibilities, if sony ever gets their own version of occulus rift, that + psEYE + Move is gonna be :wow: :wow: :wow:

BUT if thats all youre going to limit yourself to, then just expect better graphics :lol:

All of this is true. The PS4 controller has changed as additional interactive buttons have been added (and it's not that "share" button). I hope the memory integration that dev controller has will be implemented. You're going to be shocked if they go ahead with what the controller will be able to do outside of controlling games.

The socialization aspect is dead on, you guys will really either be super impressed with the level of interactivity or want to turn all this **** off. Also be on the lookout for multiple camera's as previously reported. I'm not sure if it will ship with it or be an added peripheral but expect it. Also expect a console level (as opposed to publisher level) DRM and always on functionality. Distribution and installs are going to change look for that announcement at e3 on how that will all work, I don't think they will detail that in a week.

DO NOT expect hardware backwards compatibility but as I previously said before software emulation is probable (maybe not on launch). Cloud integration will be standard but upgrades will come with a price. Expect to see a tiered structure for storage that you will need to pay for to get the most out of the system.

Biometrics are coming and the tech is very cool. Consider a Resident evil type game that can tailor the scares to each individual person based on their level of fear or anxiety they're feeling. It's a very cool development tool that will come to fruition this generation.

Still unsure about the name as I've heard a few kicked around. If I was placing a Vegas bet I would say it will be called "PlayStation: XXXX" rather than "PlayStation 4"

Remember this console generation is aimed at all those 8-10 year old who got into gaming on the Wii and have become teenagers. Do not think that 20 something male's are Sony's target market. Look at what your younger siblings are into from a social, technological, and attitude perspective to see where this is all headed.

Not much more I can say except I am excited that Sony has finally moved to a familiar architecture and a uniform code base making development a lot easier. I'm going to need to shut up for the rest of the week but people are going to be excited and it's going to be "Your move Microsoft" in a week.

I'm actually suprised you put all that out there. :lol:

See you at E3. :wink:

Should be an interesting day to say the least.

What if they add a 5th trophy... adamantium. For when you platinum all games in a series? :wow:

do you say that because of all these rumors of them not including Cell?

because i think it possible that the final SoC could still have SPEs on it without the need for Cell

that is unless devs have their hands on the final SoC

Last edited:

do you say that because of all these rumors of them not including Cell?

I say that because I've seen their distribution model.

What we have is the latest rev. but we've been told minus a few changes this is what we're getting come production. BC has nothing to do with the dev kit though, it's not like we have a prod. model or anything. Knowing what I know about their distribution model it wouldn't make sense that they would have BC via hardware.

Last edited:
that's it then...

there's no reason to leave my house once the ps4 drops.

too bad i don't use social media because I got no friends.

Via vg247.com

VG247 Rumor: New PS4 controller details
A VG247 source has seemingly confirmed that the PS4 controller will include a front touch-pad, speaking a week before the console’s expected reveal in New York.

A VG247 source said today that PS4′s rumoured controller touch-pad is real. The input is on the front of the handset. The Start and Select buttons have been moved as a result.

The controller is “more or less” the same shape as the current DualShock. We’ve been told today that the L2 and R2 buttons have been remodelled for the better.

The existence of the touch-pad has been previously reported by Edge, but claims a “Share” button exists on the controller from the same report were debunked by our source today.

Apparently it isn’t there.
I never quite understood the reason of putting a share button on the front :rolleyes

This is going to get cease and desisted .The sad thing is the loc including VO is done for Type-0. It's literally been sitting on the shelf for forever because of BS with Sony. At this point SE is trying to figure out how they can turn a profit with it. Remember it was originally deved for the PSP :smh:

I think it will come out this year (the official version not the fan one) in some way shape or form.

Last edited:
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
@ an adamantium trophy.

Only a fellow trophy ***** would think of that.

I'm trying to temper my excitement, but I'm really  looking forward to next Wednesday.

I think it will come out this year (the official version not the fan one) in some way shape or form.

Vita, trophies, boom.

How is that not being done? Not just SE, but Sony... FF isnt what it once was but bet your *** a FF like this is actually marketed well and you can move some handhelds.

There must be things I am not seeing, but it looks like a no-brainer to me.

If it never releases, I'm thankful i still have my CFW psp. Any chance of Chrono Trigger HD hitting Vita ?

Sony should try something like what COD does with its calling cards with trophies. The more plats or total trophies you get, the rarer player card backgrounds you receive.
After every 10th level you go up, you receive a month or two months of plus.

Vita, trophies, boom.

How is that not being done? Not just SE, but Sony... FF isnt what it once was but bet your *** a FF like this is actually marketed well and you can move some handhelds.

There must be things I am not seeing, but it looks like a no-brainer to me.

THIS.

Crisis core sold around 3 million, The Dissidia franchise did around 2.5 Million and Type-0 did 800 K last I saw in Japan and this is on a system that a 2 year old can pirate so what is the problem.
Bring it on Vita along with FFX HD later on this year. Simple

:lol: @ Adamantium trophy.

Everything sounds good except for them thinking of giving it a different name. PSVita already suffered from having a different name. Just keep the numbered entry.

I don't like the sound of this but hearing how powerful Orbis is and knowing the studios they have won't this mean that Sony is pushing to appeal to everyone from the get go, instead of only focusing on kids and families later on in the consoles life when it gets cheap like they're doing with wonderbook on the PS3?

Back
Top Bottom