The Official PlayStation 3 | ViTA Thread Vol. Plenty of Life Left

Dead Island was a major disappointment, at least for me.

I have faith in ND.

It kinda had an I Am Legend vibe to it.

Only w/ a white dude and Ellen Page instead of Will Smith and a dog.

lol @ dead island comparison.

Naughty Dog vs. *googles dead island developer* Techland.

6484011965_daeb245f63_o.png

I'm 100% on board with ND!

The trailer looks appealing & their story-modes have been AMAZING in reference to the UC series.

I can't wait!

PO

MW3 won best shooter...
30t6p3b.gif

In a totally unrelated note, I cant wait to get Diablo 3. that trailer was
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

when is the last of us dropping???
Won't probably know until E3 2012
I'd bet on it being released fall/holiday season 2012.

Look at Naughty Dog's track record for releasing all of the Uncharted games.

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

NaughtyGOD.

Preorder confirmed.

Had to emphasize this. And preorder indeed. Looks like a polished, more intense Dead Island.

[h1]DJ Loses Unreleased PS Vita in LA Cab[/h1]
Following a night of performing live at the Video Game Awards on Spike TV, famed DJ Deadmau5 apparently left a yet-to-be-released PS Vita sitting in a L.A. cab.

Joel "Deadmau5" Zimmerman tweeted about the loss shortly before 1 a.m. pacific time.

"$#*%! I left my PSP Vita in a !%+$*# cab, calling cab company and they say they have like 500 dispatched now. Gunna be a long night...
frown.gif
"

In a stream of follow-up Tweets, the DJ says that the Vita was the only demo unit "outside Sony's walls." While we're sure that there are plenty of Vitas in developers' hands, Deadmau5 may be right in saying he's the only non-developer who has... had one.

Zimmerman said he was playing with the Sony portable during the cab ride back to the hotel. He said a friend used it, then put it down beside him when he was done. The DJ said he saw it on the seat but forgot to grab it. When they arrived at the hotel, Zimmerman paid cash and stepped out, leaving the unit behind.

Following the loss, Zimmerman and his agent spent three hours working with the cab company to try and locate the demo unit, but with no luck.

At least he didn't leave it in a bar.

Deadmau5' music will be featured on Vita launch title Sound Shapes, which may explain why he had the portable. The PS Vita is set for a Japan release on Dec. 17. It hits Europe, Australia and North America on February 22. It will sell for $249 in the U.S., $299 for the 3G model.

We've contacted Sony for comment.

[Thanks for the tip Nicholas]

Via Kotaku

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Via lastofus.com

New Last of Us art pieces hint at a world-ending disease
thelastofusart.jpg

You might have already guessed that Sony's PS3 exclusive The Last of Us was probably about an apocalyptic virus of some kind, just by watching that video released last weekend. And these two new shots that have appeared on the official site don't do much to prove you wrong: One shot shows a forest, with the view pointed up into the sun, and the second, above, pictures a ruined newspaper stand talking about the President addressing a broken nation as "millions more are feared dead or infected," and quarantines breaking in New Mexico while martial law is declared in England.

In short, the world is packed nicely into a handbasket, with some sort of infectious disease filling out the customs-required shipping forms to a final destination of Hell. We've seen the world end lots of times before, but maybe The Last of Us has an artsy new spin on it. We'll likely find out more this weekend at Saturday's Spike Video Game awards, or as the site says, on 12/10/11. Get those surgical masks ready, people.

eek.gif

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
if this has a decent storyline that will span across multiple games(like uncharted)
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

im actually on the fence about MGS rising as i loved the sneaking tactics of the original series, but i understand that they couldn't keep this aspect going without  snake, so i understand the new direction. I'am intrigued with the fact that hideo said you will get some sort of reward for not killing anyone in the game, just like the big boss emblem.

Back
Top Bottom