The Official PlayStation 3 | ViTA Thread Vol. Plenty of Life Left

Originally Posted by throwedyonasb

nt i need some help:
listed my metal gear solid ps3 for $250 and got bombarded with calls, made me rethink my asking price. how much could i sell it for?  (perfect condition, comes with box and everything else)

Spoiler [+]
ive had the metal gear solid 80 gb backwards compatible ps3 ever since it dropped. its been used major for games and movies.. never used the backward compatibility. the old system sounds loud and im lookin to flip it before its too late...

copped the $200 bundle on blackfriday from amazon and still have it in the box.
I say around the 300 to 350 mark you cant really find a backwards compatible ps3

You know what, it may not be Sony Santa Monica after all. Whats David Cage doing these days? He mentioned earlier in the year (when lowkey slamming LA Noire facial motion cap) that his upcoming title will have motion capture face and body,

Via CVG
Cage revealed that Quantic Dreams is leveraging just that kind of tech for an unannounced title, saying, "We see a huge difference between shooting the face and body separately and shooting everything at the same time. Suddenly you've got a real sense of acting that is consistent."

Geoff mentioned that this upcoming PS3 exclusive has been unannounced AND not been seen before (leaked teasers / trailer etc.). Also besides Kojima or inhouse Sony studios, Quantic Dreams is the only 2nd party Sony studio that could do something like this. 

You know what, it may not be Sony Santa Monica after all. Whats David Cage doing these days? He mentioned earlier in the year (when lowkey slamming LA Noire facial motion cap) that his upcoming title will have motion capture face and body,

Via CVG
Cage revealed that Quantic Dreams is leveraging just that kind of tech for an unannounced title, saying, "We see a huge difference between shooting the face and body separately and shooting everything at the same time. Suddenly you've got a real sense of acting that is consistent."

Geoff mentioned that this upcoming PS3 exclusive has been unannounced AND not been seen before (leaked teasers / trailer etc.). Also besides Kojima or inhouse Sony studios, Quantic Dreams is the only 2nd party Sony studio that could do something like this. 

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Via CVG

It would be dope if we get a new game from Quantic Dream.

But no it's not going to be a sequel or anything like how Heavy Rain was.

David Cage has said a couple times in interviews.

Via CVG

It would be dope if we get a new game from Quantic Dream.

But no it's not going to be a sequel or anything like how Heavy Rain was.

David Cage has said a couple times in interviews.

Originally Posted by empirestrikesfirst

Playstation Plus users....
Heads up, if you bought the 1 year subscription the 1st day it was available, it will be coming to an end December 10th. 

Paying for one year and getting 5 months free on top of it (July 2010 until December 2011) 
pimp.gif

Your account is set to auto-renew. If you want to check to see when you subscription ends or shut off auto-renew, just go to:

Account Management > Transaction Management > Services List > and find Playstation Plus

I'll definitely be re-upping again. 

Glad I got my 1YR membership for only $14.99!
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

PO

Heads up, if you bought the 1 year subscription the 1st day it was available, it will be coming to an end December 10th. 

Paying for one year and getting 5 months free on top of it (July 2010 until December 2011) 
pimp.gif

Your account is set to auto-renew. If you want to check to see when you subscription ends or shut off auto-renew, just go to:

Account Management > Transaction Management > Services List > and find Playstation Plus

PO

Here is an interview from David Cage, dated 9/28/11

Via develop-online.net
So what’s next? I imagine you’re sticking to PS3 – what with your engine and your ties.
Yeah we signed another deal with Sony. Hopefully we’re building something exciting, something different. Hopefully it will build on the foundations of Heavy Rain, but go forward in a very, very, different way.

A war FPS?
No! [Laughs] We were actually asked to contribute to a huge FPS IP, bringing what we know about storytelling to the genre. That was very exciting. We couldn’t make it in the end. But it doesn’t matter. We have a new story to tell. Now I want to show that what can be done with Heavy Rain can be done with completely different stories. I want to show what we’ve done isn’t one game, it’s a genre.

It's a long interview, but really good, the mind of David Cage.

Via develop-online.net
So what’s next? I imagine you’re sticking to PS3 – what with your engine and your ties.
Yeah we signed another deal with Sony. Hopefully we’re building something exciting, something different. Hopefully it will build on the foundations of Heavy Rain, but go forward in a very, very, different way.

A war FPS?
No! [Laughs] We were actually asked to contribute to a huge FPS IP, bringing what we know about storytelling to the genre. That was very exciting. We couldn’t make it in the end. But it doesn’t matter. We have a new story to tell. Now I want to show that what can be done with Heavy Rain can be done with completely different stories. I want to show what we’ve done isn’t one game, it’s a genre.

Originally Posted by PO2345

pimp.gif

PO
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Word. Biggest comeup of the year
laugh.gif
Target FTW

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

pimp.gif

PO
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Word. Biggest comeup of the year
laugh.gif
Target FTW
i got the deal before they put up the disclaimer signs............quick question though i been sitting on it for like a week. how long before i have to activate it on my ps3? can i wait a couple months or does it expire after a while if u dont activate it on ur psn account

^^
Not sure. I think it's valid until you use it though.
Empire, is there any games worth downloading off PSN that is FREE? Just wondering since you have been a member since the get-go.

PO

Originally Posted by Speedy0990

Originally Posted by throwedyonasb

nt i need some help:
listed my metal gear solid ps3 for $250 and got bombarded with calls, made me rethink my asking price. how much could i sell it for?  (perfect condition, comes with box and everything else)

Spoiler [+]
ive had the metal gear solid 80 gb backwards compatible ps3 ever since it dropped. its been used major for games and movies.. never used the backward compatibility. the old system sounds loud and im lookin to flip it before its too late...

copped the $200 bundle on blackfriday from amazon and still have it in the box.
I say around the 300 to 350 mark you cant really find a backwards compatible ps3

i buy for 400

Via develop-online.net

A war FPS?

pimp.gif

^^
Not sure. I think it's valid until you use it though.
Empire, is there any games worth downloading off PSN that is FREE? Just wondering since you have been a member since the get-go.

PO
A ton HAVE been available, but they only remain available for about a month before new ones come up. Unless you grabbed them at the time, you are kind of hooped.
Right now, I'd suggest Tomb Raider: Underworld. A very poor mans Uncharted.

You kind of have to keep your eye on them every week to see if anything pops up. I download basically anything free, then delete them as I play and see if I even want them.

^^

That's unfortunate. I guess I'll go DL TR then! Hopefully it is trophy-enabled.
laugh.gif

PO

I took advantage of Best Buys' B2G1 Free.

I copped Catherine, WWE 12', and Skyrim.
I probably won't be playing Skyrim or Catherine until I finish Uncharted 1-3, Batman AA and AC, and FF13.
My game spending is done for a while.

anyone ever tried call of duty classic or medal of honor frontline off PSN???

how is the single-player & mult-iplayer in these games?

do people even play online on these anymore? lawl

for those who bought saints row 3 does all ps3 versions come with saints row 2 download token?

^^

That's unfortunate. I guess I'll go DL TR then! Hopefully it is trophy-enabled.
laugh.gif

PO

It is. I bought the disc based HD Collection. I platinumed Underworld, still havent went back to the other two games.
It's pretty easy. Collectibles are the only annoying thing, and a few sections where the controls just suck. 

Speaking of PS+..
[h1]Sony Unveils PlayStation Plus Data For 2011[/h1][h2]$1,200 in savings for the year? That's a lot of money.[/h2][h2]December 8, 2011[/h2]

PlayStation Plus, Sony's optional PlayStation Network-centric subscription service, has plenty of supporters and detractors alike. Supporters eagerly point at all of the freebies and discounts they get, and the fact that PSN is still inherently free, while detractors tout the fact that you're essentially paying for the right to get those discounts. 

But regardless of which side you fall on, it's hard to ignore the numbers. Sony today revealed that PlayStation Plus offered gamers over $1,200 in perks in 2011. That's 24 times the yearly investment necessary to be a PlayStation Plus member. 

Sony offered PlayStation Plus gamers 17 separate free games in 2011, and discounted a staggering 132 more. In addition, Sony offered PS+ users 43 exclusive "Full Game Trials," which allow players to try a retail-style digital game for an hour before deciding if they want to purchase it or not. 

More intangible offerings not included in Sony's monetary proclamation include access to four exclusive betas and six exclusive demos. 

It's unknown what 2012 will hold for PlayStation Plus subscribers, though you can see what's waiting for you right now by checking out December's offerings for PlayStation Plus users

Has anyone purchased the Lighting add on in DC Universe? Wanted to see if it was worth it...with the new Map and extra bounties...I've been hooked on this game
pimp.gif
too dope it was free to download.

Back
Top Bottom