The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Any opinions on/users of the Sony A230? My cousin(photography grad student) recommended I look into the Nikon D3000 or the Canon XSI but I want to explore all of my options before I jump off of the porch. I'm looking to shoot in low light environments primarily if that helps narrow it down at all...

that tilt-shift is pretty dope, new photography hype in development, im seeing it everywhere...lol

anyways from a recent shoot.
4589153909_55252d99ff_b.jpg

4589772290_068d34ebc4_b.jpg

4589149297_ac106b6f46_b.jpg

4568121847_9ec3d3531b_b.jpg

little man was stylin on them
4589151805_e79d73f198_b.jpg

4589769486_2dd91dc57a_b.jpg

ksteezy- beautiful captures as well as processing

I know selective color has been beaten to death but I like the way this one came out
4597987224_03c0e50573.jpg

those tilt-shift pics are dope
smokin.gif

alright so i'm late on the vintage processing hype...

some old pics/angles reworked...word to dilated.

4598903508_824801b627.jpg

4598285715_6015312278.jpg

4598300337_d3dbb27f10.jpg

4598903814_1e0b5cd2f3.jpg

4598284557_2f9aae9893.jpg

4598403619_4b8f70ccda.jpg

The compact DSLRs continue to come out:

sony-nex5-nex3-digital-cameras-0.jpg

sony-nex5-nex3-digital-cameras-1.jpg

sony-nex5-nex3-digital-cameras-2.jpgb

Now photographers can enjoy the superlative picture quality and shooting responses prized by DSLR users in two beautifully compact new cameras that are brilliantly easy to use, brought to you by Sony. Joining the family, the NEX-5 and NEX-3 team DSLR-quality imaging with the convenience of interchangeable lenses in a sleek new design that slips easily into a jacket pocket or bag. In contrast with conventional DSLR models, the “mirrorless

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

The compact DSLRs continue to come out:

sony-nex5-nex3-digital-cameras-0.jpg

sony-nex5-nex3-digital-cameras-1.jpg

sony-nex5-nex3-digital-cameras-2.jpgb

Now photographers can enjoy the superlative picture quality and shooting responses prized by DSLR users in two beautifully compact new cameras that are brilliantly easy to use, brought to you by Sony. Joining the family, the NEX-5 and NEX-3 team DSLR-quality imaging with the convenience of interchangeable lenses in a sleek new design that slips easily into a jacket pocket or bag. In contrast with conventional DSLR models, the “mirrorless

^^^Without me even seeing any photos coming out of these DSLRs, my answer will be no. For one the sensors are difference from traditional SLRs to these. Next to that, you can almost be sure that none of these shoot good in low light settings. I think I read up on the Olympus Pen that it was just really slow and would assume for even these Sonys.

Still, what you opt for is portability if anything. For some reason the fad they are trying to create is that DSLRs are too big to carry....so lug around these instead. Pretty dumb imo and worse of all, they are all super expensive to the point that you might as well get a good DSLR instead.

^^ Thanks, that's what I figured...I didn't think Sony had a complete game changer that they were able to provide the same performance of regular DSLRs in a smaller, more portable package. However, I think this will be good at convincing the uninitiated who will cop w/o asking around first.

Anyway, here's a review I found. Not sure how objective it is: http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/NEX5/NEX5A.HTM

Thanks! I figured it would look good from that angle so I went with it.

Dre Y2 - Dope colors man!

Originally Posted by Luong1209

Originally Posted by Liquor Poker

Are those last two photos yours?
Yes they are, why?

Just asking. I've seen those photos before on another site, but I don't remember where.. Do you know the people/ person that makes the giant sand art? I've been to his website but I forgot what it was... really cool stuff. It's like crop circles in the sand.

Originally Posted by Liquor Poker

Just asking. I've seen those photos before on another site, but I don't remember where.. Do you know the people/ person that makes the giant sand art? I've been to his website but I forgot what it was... really cool stuff. It's like crop circles in the sand.
Nope...I decided just to head to SF's Ocean Beach one day and saw the art and decided to take some pictures.

There was also a thread in the general that posted pictures of sand-art, I posted there as well.

Originally Posted by That guy Max

Need some advice.

Can anyone recommend me a good softbox that I can mount my 430exII. Im not trying to break the bank so something <$100.

Also if there is a softbox that I can mount TWO 430exII, that would be awesome to.

Hey guys, i need a little help here. Im doing a project for my Art Class & im supposed to choose a current "controversial topic" in Photogrpahy and was hoping some of you would give me some ideas. Im currently working on the use of HDR but any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank You !

Back
Top Bottom