The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been trying to manage my expectations with Klay so I am curious to hear what others are thinking he'll look like when he comes back.

I don't expect him to be nearly what he was defensively after tearing his left ACL then tearing his right Achilles a little more than a year later. But part of me thinks he can be fine on the offensive end (85%-ish at least) on the offensive end just because of how he got buckets before. I have said it before but my mind goes back to the man scoring 60 points off 11 dribbles :lol:

So adding his shooting and gravity to an 11-1 team that is #5 om 3p% and #2 in ORtg seems unreal. Plus while I have doubts about his defense, I don't think he will be a negative and they are already #1 in DRtg by quite a bit. They seem to be very well positioned.

My expectations are the same as yours pretty much. Can't imagine he'll be able to defend at exactly the same level after two injuries that severe, but I don't see his shooting taking a material dip. Still will be lethal in catch-and-shoot situations.

RJ WTF.gif

This a horrible tweet. On the surface, without any additional information (not sure it would matter with it tbh), I am supposed to take away that the NCAA is fighting systemic racism by scheduling a game where U of M will wax Prairie View A&M?

I am extremely confident that a group of old white men came up this idea :lol:

RJ WTF.gif

This a horrible tweet. On the surface, without any additional information (not sure it would matter with it tbh), I am supposed to take away that the NCAA is fighting systemic racism by scheduling a game where U of M will wax Prairie View A&M?

I am extremely confident that a group of old white men came up this idea :lol:

I got racism winning by 5

My expectations are the same as yours pretty much. Can't imagine he'll be able to defend at exactly the same level after two injuries that severe, but I don't see his shooting taking a material dip. Still will be lethal in catch-and-shoot situations.

I think what we’re seeing from KD is awesome and it seems like KD is able to perform at or near pre-achilles levels. And Klay is 2 years younger than KD.

I really hope they take it super slow with him and give him plenty of time to rest (e.g., only plays 1x a week, waits until Jan, and 20 mpg to start). He can always play in scrimmages there’s zero reason for him to come back to real games so quickly. I think it’ll help the team also to have him take games off so other guys can continue to get comfortable and improve their ability to contribute when it matters.

I’m hoping for 90% of what he used to be by March early April. Hopefully he’s recruiter knees over toes guy.

Started watching the new Kevin Garnett doc from Showtime last night. They had some good footage of his HS days and show other guys like Paul Pierce, Chauncey and A.I.

Definitely finish rest today or tomorrow. KG has to be one of the most intense in your face guys the league has ever seen, with the game to back it up.

Klay should still be a knockdown shooter but after two devastating lower body injuries it's probably safe to assume that he won't be exactly the same athlete as he was before. #advancedtakes #podcastpost #getwellsoonjrue

Wild how crocs became a trend. Never catch me rocking this ugly *** things
I swear for some reason I want them now. Always thought they were whatever. Idk. I’m gonna try it

They’ve had quite a life-cycle.

They were alternative/kitschy cool for a while, then people acted like they were something only folks who have give up on life would wear and now they’re mainstream popular.

I have a pair. They’re convenient to just thrown on and pretty comfortable. But the material is kind of weird. Doesn’t really breathe, so it can get sweaty in there if it’s warm and you don’t have socks on.

I missed the free throws from when he got fouled on the 3, but did Jordan Clarkson just score 11 straight points for the Jazz? 🔥

Are y'all rocking your Crocs strictly in the crib or are do you wear them in the streets too?

I’ll wear them out for little errands - walking the dogs, quick trip to the market, get gas. But mostly just at home.

*Edit - to be clear, it’s not because I’m embarrassed to be seen in Crocs

I mean, this the outfit I’m wearing today, including a trip to the malls. Those are camo, cotton shorts with an elastic waste.
9A93986B-5C58-4BEC-AE1B-CCFF7BE847D4.jpeg

It’s more it feels disrespectful to all my other shoes to chose the Crocs over them for bigger outings.

Last edited:
I swear for some reason I want them now. Always thought they were whatever. Idk. I’m gonna try it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom