The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where a lot of people go wrong with PEMDAS is assuming multiplication is always done before division when it's not and using the same principles you would to solve an algebraic formula to solve a simple math equation where all the elements are already known

I had to do a lot of ******* math as a computer science major and used to be a tutor/teacher, I'm pretty confident in my knowledge of PEMDAS

I’m debating on whether or not to go back the read the pages following the last Lakers/Westbrook game.

But I feel the Russ guys just go missing and conveniently pop-up when they want :lol:

Where a lot of people go wrong with PEMDAS is assuming multiplication is always done before division when it's not and using the same principles you would to solve an algebraic formula to solve a simple math equation where all the elements are already known

I had to do a lot of ****ing math as a computer science major and used to be a tutor/teacher, I'm pretty confident in my knowledge of PEMDAS

Doesn’t matter. You ain’t eem seen the wire. Can’t trust you

39bewf.png

Doesn’t matter. You ain’t eem seen the wire. Can’t trust you
I've seen it. I haven't FINISHED it
american-psycho-smug.gif

I had to do a lot of ****ing math as a computer science major and used to be a tutor/teacher, I'm pretty confident in my knowledge of PEMDAS
Same as a computer engineering major. But the way it’s written is vague as hell. Technically both answers are right

The take foul at half court is def a buzzkill. Tbh the defense should be penalized more than just a regular foul for that considering they prob turned the ball over while the opposing team has a huge advantage to score... only to be whistled dead
In Europe it’s 2 shots and the ball back, that’s the easy fix …Fans wanna see oops and dunks on the break not that bs

The problem isn't PEMDAS. The problem is how it was presented. I'm going to petition meth for a formula editor. We need a clear numerator and denominator like below.
1635527682936.png

Even without it, I would have written 6/(2*(2+1)) or (6/2)*(2+1). If you're an engineer and don't convey it like that or enter it into your software like that, someone could die being off by that magnitude. Depending what type of engineer you are of course.

Last edited:
How’d you never watch The Wire but you knew that Sopranos reference a few weeks ago?

I feel like those two shows went hand and hand - as must watch.
I got the Sopranos reference because you only needed to watch the first episode to get it :lol:
I haven't finished either of them but I'm much farther in the Wire than the Sopranos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom