The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's kinda crazy that the Cavs have two of the top 5 assist leaders of the season so far. Rubio and Garland

Lol no one plays american football beside USA and canada.

too many players, too many rules, too much equipment.

NBA will surpass the NFL soon in the USA if it hasn’t already…

more kids growing up now want to hoop

such a simple, beautiful game.

100% agree. It wasn't until last decade that the NFL really started to go after the international market with the London and Mexico games. I wonder how that is working for them.
People actually go. The London NFL games were filing up a soccer capacity stadium to the brim. Tottenham Hotspur stadium has a 62k capacity and the Dolphins-Jags came had a record 61k for the football game.

From conversations I have had over the years, I know one thing for sure, most Americans overestimate how popular American football is outside of America

And have no idea which sports and sporting events internationally outside of the World Cup

Dude legit told me a few years ago that Lance Armstrong made the Tour de France popular and no one knew about it before then.

I thought he meant in America, but mans said around the world.

They keep developing their young players and they'll make some noise in a couple years. They need a star level player to help take them to the next level.
I think it’s just helpful to not put Mobley, okoro etc with all young players. Good to have some kind of veteran presence especially at point guard since Sexton is def score first

This simply isn't true and it doesn't matter if more kids want to hoop. Look at the crowds, man. All the rednecks with beer bellies that love the NFL aren't playing sports :lol: Plus the team/familial aspect that P C H P C H went into. Additionally, there have been several examples posted today of random Thursday Night Football games of subpar teams doing bigger numbers than NBA Finals Game 7s. The NBA is definitely getting more popular and is clearly more popular internationally but in America football is king.

Explaining football to someone who didn’t grow up watching it is when you realize the rules make no sense.

“So the guy throwing the ball, they’re trying to tackle him before he throws it, but if they hit him a second too late, it’s a penalty. Also, the guy catching the ball, they can totally kill him mid-air once it touches his hands. But if they touch his jersey before he catches it, it’s a penalty. Unless the defender is looking at the ball, sometimes.” :rofl:

dzs770xdk8w71.jpg

American football is so big in American because it is ingrained in American culture

Like when I tell people at the office I don't watch football they look at me with confusion

That goes for a lot of sports. But the NFL got the American market cornered.

NBA will never catch the NFL in America IMO. But unlike the MLB and NHL, it is probably never gonna have concerns about growth

But internationally, basketball is way more popular than American football.
Yea NBA bread and butter as far as popularity and fan interest/engagement is social media (which is gift and a curse) and overseas but due to media money they still gotta act like they can make waves on TV

The NFL just started posting YouTube videos like 2 months ago :lol: , that league lost on anything other than when the game comes on

Explaining football to someone who didn’t grow up watching it is when you realize the rules make no sense.

“So the guy throwing the ball, they’re trying to tackle him before he throws it, but if they hit him a second too late, it’s a penalty. Also, the guy catching the ball, they can totally kill him mid-air once it touches his hands. But if they touch his jersey before he catches it, it’s a penalty. Unless the defender is looking at the ball, sometimes.” :rofl:
I never judged folk for liking a sport with a silly concept like American football

Cricket is huge in St. Lucia, and that is a ridiculous sport. Imagine telling someone you watch a sport where one game can last days, and have multiple tea breaks in between. Then trying to compare it to baseball and they kinda get it, then tell them "oh yeah, you can't bend your elbow them you throw the ball to the batter". And then when they try to make sense of that, then tell them but you can bend your elbow other times you are throwing it.

I'm in no position to judge

Suns will look foolish if they don’t take care of Ayton & he walks or has to get traded for a more cost effective return.

They could take Mitch Rob on his extra value 2nd rounder contract scale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom