The Official Nike LeBron XII Thread- "July 4th/USA" & "King's Cloak/Red Paisley" 06/27/15

What is your favorite LeBron XII release?

• NSRL

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • HOAL

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Dunk Force

• Instinct

• Six Meridians

• Data

• Christmas

• Trillion Dollar Man

• 23 Chromosomes

• BHM

• Court Vision

• All-Star/Flatiron

• Double Helix

• What If?

• Flight

• CLE

• Wheat

• Lows

• Elites

• NSW

• Total voters
That's been their scheme/plan for the longest hence why we don't get true Laker, Thunder, Bron PE colorways.
I honestly think this year the designers at Nike were the ONLY people in the world who didn't know BronBron was going back to Cleveland. We get quite a few Thunder cws for KD, and I'm pretty sure that Kobe had 2 (maybe 3?) Laker colorways on the IX. 

Don't remember any kobe laker colors and ummmmm not everyone knew he'd go back home.

Wait, what's wrong with the crown on the instincts?
The random teal, I like the Suns colors otherwise.
Don't remember any kobe laker colors and ummmmm not everyone knew he'd go back home.
I think people were delusional on sports networks, blogs etc... it may just be me, but I felt like LeBron was going to take advantage of his popularity in Ohio...kind of why he is the Player/coach/GM/Trademaster of the Cleveland Cavs atm.

But still, I feel like Miami was a sinking ship, they lost the last finals and (in all fairness) should have lost the year before, Ray Allen stepped out.

Of course nobody but his inner leeches knew he was going back home. However, I should've been more detailed.

Yeah we get Thunder colorways, but we have to go to Nike ID to make a decent home colorway

Laker colors for Kobe's line have been next to none. Showtime and Inspirations are Weak., then 8 only gave us the launch and fade colorway, and the 7 only gave us the home and launch colorway. Yawn. I understand their sneaker lines have to appeal to the consumer beyond their respective teams fan base, but if you leaking 10 dozen colorways of a sneaker can we get some more of his teams respective colorways too?

Last edited:
Man Nike can keep the Cavs CWs and OKC colors as far as I'm concerned. Back when I was buying Js in the 90s I didn't care as much about sports as I do now. Just wanted to be fly and chase girls. Now that I'm older and a die hard Wizards fan. I ain't wearing no Cavs or Thunder sneakers. Only gear I rock is DC teams and the MD Terps.

Yeah I understand. I'd love to see some better versions of all the team colorways, even though I don't like any of their teams, haha.

I just feel like the Lebron line should go back to basics, maybe some more universal colorways that everyone would like. 

Wait, what's wrong with the crown on the instincts?
The random teal, I like the Suns colors otherwise.

I think people were delusional on sports networks, blogs etc... it may just be me, but I felt like LeBron was going to take advantage of his popularity in Ohio...kind of why he is the Player/coach/GM/Trademaster of the Cleveland Cavs atm.
But still, I feel like Miami was a sinking ship, they lost the last finals and (in all fairness) should have lost the year before, Ray Allen stepped out.

View media item 1347793
Not a lakers color

View media item 1347794
def a lakers color

they really have been stink about lakers colors in recent years tho. the 8 didnt get one. the 7 got that white color AFTER the season was over. I think they did the same thing with the 6 and they didnt have a home and away. Just 1 per model.

Man Nike can keep the Cavs CWs and OKC colors as far as I'm concerned. Back when I was buying Js in the 90s I didn't care as much about sports as I do now. Just wanted to be fly and chase girls. Now that I'm older and a die hard Wizards fan. I ain't wearing no Cavs or Thunder sneakers. Only gear I rock is DC teams and the MD Terps.

maaan, your collection must be pretty diverse then :lol:

Or some actual cavs colors :lol:

Yea I don't get it why they make everything else but actual team related colorways :smh:

Those would actually probably sell better since it would match team apparel etc etc :rolleyes

:lol: That tiny detail deterred you from the shoe? It's small as hell.

I was thinking the same thing, I never even noticed and I rocked my Instincts a pile of times already :lol:

Last edited:
I have team colored shoes I don't wear. Off the top of my head I bought the Adidas Key Trainers last year in the Jets CW. Strictly for collection purposes and to display. It's more the newer sig guys I pass on the teams colors with. Due in part to the wide arrange of CWs and the players don't even wear them half the time. No basketball meaning. They wear PEs.

The colorways released so far definitely show Nike was out of the loop of LeBron's decision, they almost correspond perfectly to the previous mold of Heat colorways:  

Home Heat colorway (HOAL's) in first batch of releases, then Away Heat colorway in January (Court Vision).  

I really think we would've seen a maroon pair and a yellow pair already if Nike known about the Cav's deal.    

Thankfully it's never too late to do a Cavs colorway.

For arguments sake, if they gave us the blk/yellow PE and made the Data colorway exclusive to LBJ and Co, we'd be kvetching about that colorway being a PE. Me included. :lol:

Maaaan these CWs as of late are extremely lack luster. That navy/red pair is garbo.

mean.gif

I think the Lebron camp need some new blood or something.
right? wasting a great silhouette with horrible colors if the ASG isn't likeable i see this model being a waste unless the elite or ext can save it. 

I don't see what the issues with the CWs are when ID is available. If the release pairs are no good and you can't make what you want from ID then what the hell do people want Nike do? Create new colors never before seen? My only issue with ID has always been they seem to be a few chromosomes away from a release pair. Just something is off about em. I can't explain what. MC 9 is the only ID I've owned.

Last edited:
I don't see what the issues with the CWs are when ID is available. If the release pairs are no good and you can't make what you want from ID then what the hell do people want Nike do? Create new colors never before seen? My only issue with ID has always been they seem to be a few chromosomes away from a release pair. Just something is off about em. I can't explain what. MC 9 is the only ID I've owned.

A) iDs are more expensive.
B) iDs don't go on sale.
C) they take forever to ship.
D) if that's the logic why release any CWs at all? Just put them up on iD and call it a day.
E) Lame CWs seem to be an issue AS OF LATE; Lebron line usually pretty ok with the CWs. This year it's just not holding up to previous years.

Last edited:
KD and Lebron have both been suffering from lack of good CWs. They are both 2 very strong models IMO that haven't been taken care of in the color department.

KD and Lebron have both been suffering from lack of good CWs. They are both 2 very strong models IMO that haven't been taken care of in the color department.
true for lebron, kds just need something fresh overall i mean the silhouette just isn't appealing at all to begin with. this applies to all models including the 4 which people love for some reason haha

Last edited:
this line just needs more neutral colorways and needs to quit with all the bright colors. A navy pair with some white details would be dope. nike please keep it simple with the colorways.

Back
Top Bottom