The Official Nike LeBron XII Thread- "July 4th/USA" & "King's Cloak/Red Paisley" 06/27/15

What is your favorite LeBron XII release?

• NSRL

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • HOAL

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Dunk Force

• Instinct

• Six Meridians

• Data

• Christmas

• Trillion Dollar Man

• 23 Chromosomes

• BHM

• Court Vision

• All-Star/Flatiron

• Double Helix

• What If?

• Flight

• CLE

• Wheat

• Lows

• Elites

• NSW

• Total voters
Lettuce live..... Plus I'm a sucker for red

All hail the HOL!
It's definitely a brighter red than we've seen before on his PE's....I like it.  

Like @VentureBlake  and @SneakerFree  said, it was practically glowing on TV.  
nthat.gif

Could you imagine if Nike went back to the $180 retail price :pimp:

I mean everything's been hitting the sales rack that gets released at $200 unless it's limited anyway :rolleyes

So why not just drop the initial price to move more units faster, I'm pretty sure the trade off would work in their favor :\

I know I'm being delusional yall let me go to sleep, imagine Nike dropping the price point :lol:

The margins on these sneakers are quite high. If the MSRP is $200 then the retailer has purchased them for about $100 (you can look at some catalog pictures which show 2 prices).

Rawdawg, used a good analogy in his post but I'll add that the sneakers take up valuable shelf space and there's only a small window before Nike drops the next 'hyped' colourway. From a retailer's point of view, it is simply not worth it to hold out for that $200 purchase. Better to move inventory at $120-$180 and tack on the add-on buys like tees, socks, etc...

SO WHO IN HERE HEARD ABOUT THE DUMB MF WHO TRIED TO/KINDA DID STEAL A WHOLE TRAILER WITH LEBRONS ON IT DOWN HERE IN MEMPHIS TODAY???

THEY SAID WAS ESTIMATED $700,000-1,000,000 WORTH OF LEBRONS.....SMH. AND WE WONDER WHY RETAIL IS $200.... HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH NEW MATERIALS ON THE SHOES
well they must have been successful last month because they got a hold of the datas and were selling them...i was asked by someone if I wanted to buy a pair...

I saw on the news last night that they got most of them back

SO WHO IN HERE HEARD ABOUT THE DUMB MF WHO TRIED TO/KINDA DID STEAL A WHOLE TRAILER WITH LEBRONS ON IT DOWN HERE IN MEMPHIS TODAY???

THEY SAID WAS ESTIMATED $700,000-1,000,000 WORTH OF LEBRONS.....SMH. AND WE WONDER WHY RETAIL IS $200.... HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH NEW MATERIALS ON THE SHOES
What does stealing a trailer full of Lebron shoes have to do with Lebron shoe retail prices

I honestly think it's the Barclay's floor. I remember when he wore the Red Suedes last year, I swear they were the brightest things in the building...in a good way.

Wouldn't the shipment be insured? If I were a multi billion dollar company, I'd ensure every major and minor shipment. I'm sure they have a great business relationship/lower corporate rates with UPS, FedEx and other major logistics firms.

The higher retail prices are due to inflation and market demand.

Last edited:
THEFT = THAT LOSS HAS TO BE REPLACED SOMEHOW.... I.E. HIGHER RETAIL PRICES.
that would make sense if people were stealing trailers all the time.

the price point reflects things like, manufactoring, shipping, insurance for shipping, etc. as well as how much they think we'll pay for these shoes.

the price point reflects things like, manufactoring, shipping, insurance for shipping, etc. as well as how much they think we'll pay for these shoes.

ITS ALL MESSED UP IMO!

HELL SOME OF US PAY PRICES FOR KICKS EQUIVALENT TO CAR NOTES/INSURANCE, COMPUTERS, LIGHT BILLS, ETC.... THEY JUST SHOES AT THE END OF THE DAY! NOT THAT CRUCIAL

so strange, dsg cancelled both of my nsrl orders on the 30th...but one of them got re-processed today and hit my credit card again.

looks like those cancellation emails meant nothing. the second order was about to get processed too, so I cancelled the second order.

excited i got one of the pairs shipped. yessssss. can't wait to try these on court vs. my xx8's.

Last edited:

agreed, but with nike...mostly just profit margin

I think the hottest CW is a moot point when a release is still relatively new. Obviously these are all opinions - but me personally? I find I am usually a prisoner of the moment where the newest colorways become the most appealing to me. Then after time passes, I go back to loving the first releases haha.

Maybe I'm weird lol, just my $0.02. Oh and I like the HOLs and then Dunk Forces (I know, I pulled a sharp 180 on the DFs, but that's cause I got em for 50% off lol.)

Re-lacing these was not the business. Going through the parts with the holes cut on the upper took a lot of force to pull the laces out and put them in,felt like I was gonna rip the laces. Im not looking forward to re-lacing my IDs when they come in. But gotta do what you gotta. FYI, I bought some black/gold rope laces that are about 64" and they are about the same length as the ones on my nsrls.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom