The Official Nike LeBron 14 Thread. Retail $175

Agreed, it was a good casual shoe but I regret trying to use them on the court.
   Lunarlon as cushioning for basketball.... 
mean.gif

what is the name of this colorway

I copped 1 pair (DBs) and still haven't worn em...

I've been tempted to buy a couple like the ASG, Luxbron, and Easters cause of the rock bottom prices but I just can't get over that tri-blade/clover thing... straight wack to me and I think that other than that the 13s could've been official (the birds eye view is dope imo)
   Send them to me instead bro 
happy.gif

WTF LMAO 76+ pages of absolutely nothing about the Lebron 14..at least the hype is there.

At least we know the price...$175 (ouch) and that there will be hex zoom (in not mad) and that there will be a strap (not mad as long as the strap can be wore on or off ala Air Cruz but please not a Kyrie 2 strap).

People say they can't feel the Hex Zoom, I'm like super light weight and i can feel the heel and forefoot especially at the ball of foot. So im not mad but it would be nice to have a unlocked Zoom and/or Lunarlon drop-in ala Lebron 11. And if they do have a drop-in please Nike sell them also as accessories as they do bottom out (a bit too quick vs boost, booat has not bottommed out on me yet 2+ years) that way we can pay to replace that instead of the whole shoe.

I'm assuming Wieden Kennedy are responsible for the launch collateral - maybe someone who works there can leak an image lol

Definitely my man, also bear in mind that leather shoes with multiple stitched panels were the norm for that era. Designers could actually make sneakers with multiple overlays, etc.

As @AXELROD said, there's strong 'Group Think' combined with a minimalist and cost saving mindset.

Nike Basketball stuff's gonna be hella generic for a long time unless there's management and culture changes at the Swoosh.

It does strike me as odd that the original design for the XIV was scrapped so late in the game. How did people not raise concerns about it earlier?

I'm hoping that culture change is in the works...Being a collector since I joined this site in 2000-01 I have seen such a dramatic shift in everything. Nothing about new Nike anything remotely has my attention. The retro hi top stuff I like and I've gotten into some other collab type shoes with Puma and Alexander McQueen. Real leather and suede are still a beautiful thing. Also purchased a pair of Givenchy hi tops second hand and again, buttery leather.

I'm not feeling anything Adidas is putting out really (Tubular X I like...but it's like a high top) but I do like that they are kinda pushing forward and taking center stage away from Nike a tiny bit. I love Reebok but they seem to have lost their way a bit except for the anniversary retro collabs. Even the Wade line, which I loved 1-3...has become stagnant IMO.

Right now it seems like Nike is concerned with maximizing profit, cutting production/R&D costs, etc instead of putting out ACTUAL innovative product. I used to have 50-60+ pairs of LeBrons from the 4-11. The 12 I have1 and 2 Elites and zero 13's. And looks like the 14 will be following suit.

I feel like the decline of quality product and innovation in the LeBron line started with 7. Though the model is excellent in my opinion I can't sleep on the fact that Nike Used that cheap plastic shell for the upper....after the 7, they dropped the 7 p.S. Which looked like a cheaper version of the 7 and probably was. 8s started with a full leather upper, then transitioned to Hyperfuse with the V2, and the horrendous V3....then we had the 9 elite use of the carbon fiber which looked awesome but the price was terrible. 10 elite same thing. 11 elite looked good, 12 elite terrible, 5$/' the 13s which have no casual appeal whatsoever. It's like Nikes nose is so high in the air they can't smell their own poo anymore so they keep recycling the same bs. Looking for profit and not innovation. I don't know man, just my two cents.

WTF LMAO 76+ pages of absolutely nothing about the Lebron 14..at least the hype is there.

At least we know the price...$175 (ouch) and that there will be hex zoom (in not mad) and that there will be a strap (not mad as long as the strap can be wore on or off ala Air Cruz but please not a Kyrie 2 strap).

People say they can't feel the Hex Zoom, I'm like super light weight and i can feel the heel and forefoot especially at the ball of foot. So im not mad but it would be nice to have a unlocked Zoom and/or Lunarlon drop-in ala Lebron 11. And if they do have a drop-in please Nike sell them also as accessories as they do bottom out (a bit too quick vs boost, booat has not bottommed out on me yet 2+ years) that way we can pay to replace that instead of the whole shoe.

they want you to replace the whole shoe lol

$175 isn't ouch compared to the $200 that it's been.  I'll take the price drop.

In terms of the hex zoom, I'm light and I can feel it too, especially in the heel, and I don't even ball in them.

$175 isn't ouch compared to the $200 that it's been.  I'll take the price drop.

In terms of the hex zoom, I'm light and I can feel it too, especially in the heel, and I don't even ball in them.

Realistically how many people are purchasing these shoes at full pop? Most of us have deep enough rotations that we can 'afford' to wait till they get marked to $100-$120.

The Kyrie III looks like a damn takedown shoe instead of being an actual signature so I'm not holding my breath for these either. The price reduction will almost necessitate some removal of features.

I'm hoping that culture change is in the works...Being a collector since I joined this site in 2000-01 I have seen such a dramatic shift in everything. Nothing about new Nike anything remotely has my attention. The retro hi top stuff I like and I've gotten into some other collab type shoes with Puma and Alexander McQueen. Real leather and suede are still a beautiful thing. Also purchased a pair of Givenchy hi tops second hand and again, buttery leather.

I'm not feeling anything Adidas is putting out really (Tubular X I like...but it's like a high top) but I do like that they are kinda pushing forward and taking center stage away from Nike a tiny bit. I love Reebok but they seem to have lost their way a bit except for the anniversary retro collabs. Even the Wade line, which I loved 1-3...has become stagnant IMO.

Right now it seems like Nike is concerned with maximizing profit, cutting production/R&D costs, etc instead of putting out ACTUAL innovative product. I used to have 50-60+ pairs of LeBrons from the 4-11. The 12 I have1 and 2 Elites and zero 13's. And looks like the 14 will be following suit.

This shift started right around when Phil Knight gave up his leadership role at the company. The guy that came after was useless and Mark Parker, who oddly is a Nike lifer is too much of an industrialist - as evident in Nike design language.

This shift started right around when Phil Knight gave up his leadership role at the company. The guy that came after was useless and Mark Parker, who oddly is a Nike lifer is too much of an industrialist - as evident in Nike design language.
Shoe heads also became accepting of anything with hype regardless of quality around then too.

I mean look at NT...gentry used to be hated and now dudes will cape for him with zero hesitation.

Yeah agreed, wish people would stop paying MSRP on all the crud being churned out - Nike & JB combined. The prices on the 'remastered' re-retro Jordan product are insane for shoes that are notably worse than their 10+ year old counterparts.

Yeah agreed, wish people would stop paying MSRP on all the crud being churned out - Nike & JB combined. The prices on the 'remastered' re-retro Jordan product are insane for shoes that are notably worse than their 10+ year old counterparts.
Is it me or have Jordans been sitting on shelves for a while now? Whenever I go into Foot Locker, I see retros all the time.

Is it me or have Jordans been sitting on shelves for a while now? Whenever I go into Foot Locker, I see retros all the time.
They try to hype up releases like the 'True Blue' 3's but I saw those sitting at HoH in all sizes when I went there the other day.

When I went to the Nike Factory Store last month they had a bunch of 8's and 9's sitting as well. 

Now with the Space Jam 11's, reports are coming in that they're gonna be widely available in terms of stocks per store. Nike trying to kill off resellers lol

But also kinda weird that when I went to HoH for the XXXI Space Jam's they were sold out of a few sizes.

I know theres a reason but its weird to me that

Royal foamposite
Jordan 1....11....3

Etc

Cost MORE now than when they originally released with less superior materials.

I get it but its just weird lol.

It's just demand by consumers for inferior retro product. Eventually people come to their senses. Cheap plastic leather retros that are uncomfortable to wear, yet cost $200+.

Don't want to derail this thread any further but additional pictures of the XIV would be nice.

Royal foamposite
Jordan 1....11....3

Etc

You couldnt be further from the truth. There is this thing called annual inflation. 

$65 in 1985 (Air Jordan 1) is $146in 2016 dollars

$100 in 1988 (Air Jordan 3) is $205.

$125 in 1995 (Air Jordan 11) is $198.

$180 in 1997 (Foamposite) is $268.

Not factoring the increased cost of labor, shipping, etc.

So... What are you saying again?

Source - http://www.dollartimes.com/inflation/inflation.php?amount=100&year=1988

Royal foamposite
Jordan 1....11....3

Etc

You couldnt be further from the truth. There is this thing called annual inflation. 

$65 in 1985 (Air Jordan 1) is $146in 2016 dollars

$100 in 1988 (Air Jordan 3) is $205.

$125 in 1995 (Air Jordan 11) is $198.

$180 in 1997 (Foamposite) is $268.

Not factoring the increased cost of labor, shipping, etc.

So... What are you saying again?

Source - http://www.dollartimes.com/inflation/inflation.php?amount=100&year=1988
I would assume R&D for these shoes is less now than it was back then

Back
Top Bottom