The Official Nike Air Max 90 Thread

Well I went to finish line this morning because their Twitter said they would release today and the manager is telling me he can't sell them til the 28th. Waste of time :smh:

i know i said i'll cop the 2015s, as i dont really care about differences like that, but that leather and mesh completely ruin it for me. sad to say, but prob gonna pass on this one

Bro I will tell u this, my snakes just came in from Hanon. I dont really ever get excited about a shoe when i get it but holy **** the quality of these snakes is so damn lovely!! Leather is like Tillamook butter soft and even the damn laces are nice quality and made me hesitant to swap with the blk w/ infrared tip set i bought for them haha. They ended up being $165 shipped. As of now i think they have 10.5 as biggest. Theyre worth the extra $35 above retail. 
I gotta agree about loving the snakes. I have corks and velvet also but I like these the best. The quality is superb and the comfort is the best out of the three by far! The insole just feels better for some reason. I think part of the love for these is also because they bring back some nostalgia of these 

Definitely the favorite of these anniversaries.

I sent  Tweets to Finish Line and Foot Locker and they both responded that the infrareds will not be available until 5/28.

Last edited:
View media item 1535047View media item 1535048View media item 1535050
Saw the 2015s in the flesh yesterday, and they're not that good. Top edge of mudguard had a lot of rough edges like on these pics. Mudguard itself is indeed a bit like a leather jacket like said in the comparison post above. Mesh is like the 2012 OGs, I'm no fan. Also big difference in shade of red between the outsole and the air bubble panel, also visible in the great comparison post by @50inchvert .

The reverse Infras looked slightly better quality wise, at least that particular pair I held in my hands.

Last edited:
Ill tell you what they did, they found cheaper materials and manufacturing techniques and then charge us $20 more.

Thats what they did.

Mesh is junk.

Wont be buying this years for me. Will grab for a friend though.
so sad...Nike really has fallen off for me...its like they don't know how to produce their shoes anymore and get confused whenit comes to materials...that leather looks WAY too shiny for my taste and the mesh looks so crappy....back on the hunt for 2010s

People expect too much from Nike. This has been going for years. It shouldn't be a surprise. Just to follow up on that, the quality from what I've seen isn't as bad a described a few post back.

People expect too much from Nike. This has been going for years. It shouldn't be a surprise. Just to follow up on that, the quality from what I've seen isn't as bad a described a few post back.
speak with the wallet, don't buy it.. spend your money else where then nike will wake up. not lookin hopeful tho

Haven't seen the 2015 AM90 Infrareds in person yet but from the looks of it from the pics, looks like they didn't do a great job. Kinda sad considering this is suppose to be the "25th Anniversary" Infrareds and an Iconic shoe wasn't done any justice by giving it cheap materials, Infrared that isn't even infrared, and not true to it's original form. I'm still gonna check them out instore and really wanted to use the birthday coupon on them but I'd have to decide in person

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom