The Official Netflix Thread Tho: Recommend Streaming Movies

Can't believe all the blood and gore they let Hannibal get away with on network TV but you can't show a side titty or curse. Great crime drama though, so almost near perfect it's frustrating when they fall back to worn out tropes or make concessions to the network. A tight 8 eps per season of this on HBO would kill.

Can't believe all the blood and gore they let Hannibal get away with on network TV but you can't show a side titty or curse. Great crime drama though, so almost near perfect it's frustrating when they fall back to worn out tropes or make concessions to the network. A tight 8 eps per season of this on HBO would kill.

Yeah I wish HBO or Netflix had it originally.

Finally watched Da 5 Bloods

When Chadwick and Delroy hugged....

200-1.gif

Shouts to Chris D'Elia who apparently played himself in the last season of You.
I was waiting for the Eminem impersonation to come out. Just looked him up.... smh, just saw the news, innocent til proven guilty but there does appear to be multiple accusations. If there's any truth to these claims I can't believe he would play that type of role on You.

My issue with Da 5 Bloods (and it was also an issue with Blackkklansman) is that Spike beats you over the head with his message and references. He's not subtle about it, he pulls the pins out and just lobs them ****s at you. He's always had those moments but now he's not holding back at all. The story is interesting enough and there are some good performances but it could use some subtlety. It's crazy seeing two Wire alumni in this movie because The Wire understood how to be subtle.

I just finished it.....very boring.

This movie had tons of potential. It just felt....lifeless and dry. I appreciate the message, but..the acting from the cast, and the delivery just wasn't strong. Aside from Delroy Lindo (who had some awkward scenes too) I didn't believe a single one of these dudes.

Go into any hood barber shop or black cookout and you'll get better performances from the OGs. (If not the same)

The best part about this movie was Marvin Gaye. Das it.

I saw someone make the same comment about bluntly conveying themes on YouTube.

I will say end of Blackkklansman was rough.

Da 5 Bloods 6.6/8

Mix of a lot of things to make a really good Spike joint. Some of the BlackKklamsmen vibe, the plot outline was very similar to Miracle At St. Anna.

Delroy Lindo has a certain range and he was completely in his wheelhouse in this.

Happy for my boy John Majors. Keeps getting roles and shining.

Rest of the cast was real good. Peters and Whitlock Jr. :pimp:

**** Seppo.

I liked it.

Man, there’s people out there that didn’t understand district 9. Y’all giving the viewing public too much credit. **** being going over peoples heads

Alright great, thanks guys! I appreciate the push. Gonna start it later tonight. Is it a show i need to slowly absorb or should i just binge it

I think it depends on what you’re expecting. Its not action packed; only one cop fires their gun in the entire series. If youre into great acting from the entire cast and a show that goes the length to ensure no scene is wasted- you’ll be good from the start. If that’s not you then there’s a couple points late in season one that typically grab most people.

season 2 can be a shock to the system but it’s def a gem.

Back
Top Bottom