The Official Netflix Thread Tho: Recommend Streaming Movies

Started watching Luther. I'm 3 episodes in, I'm so not used to the British style series.

Also want to give Brotherhood, Awake, and The Wire a shot. Not sure if they are on Netflix tho

If you like documentaries, you have to see Craiglist Joe, Jiro Dreams of Sushi and Indie Game: The Movie

Queen of Versailles 
Jiro Dreams of Sushi
How were these?
Queen of Versailles was pretty stupid. It's about a the rise and hardships a timeshare tycoon is going through. It would've been a lot better if it was just about the house. The lady is mad weird and I feel sorry for the old man.

Jiro was pretty good. I enjoy people that are dedicated to their craft and that's what this is about.
Started watching Luther. I'm 3 episodes in, I'm so not used to the British style series.

Also want to give Brotherhood, Awake, and The Wire a shot. Not sure if they are on Netflix tho
Luther was the ****. Had me calling everyone "govna"
laugh.gif
. Also recommend checking out Top Boy.

By awake you mean the show that was on NBC with the guy from Harry Potter? I watched it on TV when it aired. Show was decent but I think it was too complex for the viewing public.

Last edited:
Queen of Versailles 

Jiro Dreams of Sushi

How were these?

Queen of Versailles was pretty stupid. It's about a the rise and hardships a timeshare tycoon is going through. It would've been a lot better if it was just about the house. The lady is mad weird and I feel sorry for the old man.

Jiro was pretty good. I enjoy people that are dedicated to their craft and that's what this is about.

Luther was the ****. Had me calling everyone "govna" :lol: . Also recommend checking out Top Boy.

By awake you mean the show that was on NBC with the guy from Harry Potter? I watched it on TV when it aired. Show was decent but I think it was too complex for the viewing public.

I've heard Top Boy was really good too, it has one of the newer guys from the show Hustle as the main character right? And Luther was fantastic, I finished it during this Christmas break from school definitely one of my top 5 favorite series....glad there's gonna be a third this yr I believe :smokin

My brother put me on to a documentary called Copyright Criminals. It's really about sampling in hip hop and a bit about the legal issues that have stemmed from it, as the titles alludes to

Ya thats the one 
laugh.gif
 his american accent has me interested 

any movie recommendations

Haven't skimmed through the last several pages? Damn homie... :lol:

The last several movies I've watched that I really liked. Some of these are repeat viewings but watched them for the first time on Netflix -

- Driver
- Jiro Dreams of Sushi
- Outrage
- 13 Assassins
- Bones Brigade
- Bronson
- Warrior
- In The Name Of The Father

Queen of Versailles 
Jiro Dreams of Sushi

How were these?

Jiro was excellent. Interesting subject, fascinating star, well shot and made.

Queen was good too. Didn't seem interesting from the premise but it delivered. A look at the changing economic climate but through the eyes of the super rich, along with the bizarre wife and success driven husband

Has anyone watched Vampire Diaries? :lol:

I'm looking for a new series to get into. I watched the first episode and it was :rolleyes so I wanna know if its worth watching a few more to get into it

watched 13 Assassins. That last battle was :smokin , Then I was bored and watched "Walking with Monsters before Dinosaurs" and "Into the Universe with Stephen Hawking", It's crazy how there used to be centipedes big as cars and dragonflies big as eagles millions of years ago :x .

The IT Crowd if your into British comedy. It's a pretty funny series.

My girl put me on that last week and I just couldn't get into it at all....she thought it was hysterical tho and it has really good reviews so maybe its just not my thing :lol: loved the Inbetweeners (British version) though

Tried a couple of times...couldn't get into it either. ...and I like british shows/comedy usually.

New season of Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes is up. :smokin

Queen of Versailles 
Jiro Dreams of Sushi

How were these?

Jiro was excellent. Interesting subject, fascinating star, well shot and made.

Queen was good too. Didn't seem interesting from the premise but it delivered. A look at the changing economic climate but through the eyes of the super rich, along with the bizarre wife and success driven husband

Nice.
Been meaning to check those out.

Back
Top Bottom