The Official Netflix Thread Tho: Recommend Streaming Movies

I watched Day Shift last night and it was good mindless entertainment. Movie had right amount of action and funny scenes that it didn't feel that cringey. I went in with low expectations so probably why I was pleasantly surprised. Jamie and Franco had decent chemistry.

Have kind of been on so bad they're good summer action movie binge as I just watched Piranha 3DD a few days back which was good mindless entertainment and plenty of TnA haha.
:rofl: . I remember having a conversation with mah old folks way back when Piranha 3DD first came out saying they enjoyed it alot. it was awkward considering that movie was full of TnA.

Couldn't get past the first 10 minutes. Post your thoughts if you actually watch it
I’m on episode 3.
I didn’t take long to get me.
I hated the music and initial feel, felt like NETWORK or LIFETIME, it it’s actually good.
Suspension of disbelief is definitely needed as what these two pull of over a Lifetime is pretty WTF OMG…..but it’s cooking a little bit.
And it’s Monaghan so it helps. Worth a watch for sure but, you better be prepared to run yourself in a few circles trying to deduce what’s going on.
I’m actually on epsidoe 4, 3 was pretty GOD DAMN that just happened! It’s about to get really F’ing crazy now I’d assume.
Also, the two twin girls that play them as teenagers, they look like some fun little sloots

I’ve got a trial of Paramount+ this week - watched the new Star Trek which was pretty good.

But, their interface is terrible. It’s not designed for watching a few episodes of the same thing. The “play next episode” comes on way too late and you can’t skip the recap or the intro. Netflix is much better for that. Just annoying.

I’ve got a trial of Paramount+ this week - watched the new Star Trek which was pretty good.

But, their interface is terrible. It’s not designed for watching a few episodes of the same thing. The “play next episode” comes on way too late and you can’t skip the recap or the intro. Netflix is much better for that. Just annoying.

I get Paramount free and rarely watch. The interface is horrible and not user friendly. These companies have way too much money and it also makes people use your app more frequently if you can easily and quickly find something to watch.

While I get you bro. I honestly think Manti just had too much faith in humanity. He lived a somewhat sheltered life and seems to have focused a lot of his attention on football (which worked out well).

The doc also highlights how hard it would be for a student athlete of his talent to maintain a normal relationship. Homie could for sure have had hookups but he was also a Morman and they have more strict rules about sex etc before marriage. When you add that in with all the practice and weight lifting etc dude had to do I doubt he wouldve had much luck with a normal relationship. LD was probably his best option.

So he prolly never would've been about that real college life. The "out of state" girlfriend worked for him.

There's hella women who only date men in prison, often times they only see each other a couple times a year if that. I could totally see how a 20 year old (virgin) doesn't realize something is up.

Not to mention he has friends and family saying "yeah I know her".
I was curious about how he and his mentor or whoever that guy was decided notre dame was the school

Seems like he was devout to his religion… so why choose a school like ND that is clearly a whole different religious institution

I was curious about how he and his mentor or whoever that guy was decided notre dame was the school

Seems like he was devout to his religion… so why choose a school like ND that is clearly a whole different religious institution
I'm not a religious person myself but I recall him saying he asked God for a sign and then that guy said "I could see you at ND instead of USC"

All things considered it worked out well and if there was ever a listen to your gut or God moment for him that was it.

Ironically it would've been much harder to run that play on him had he gone to USC.

I'm not a religious person myself but I recall him saying he asked God for a sign and then that guy said "I could see you at ND instead of USC"

All things considered it worked out well and if there was ever a listen to your gut or God moment for him that was it.

Ironically it would've been much harder to run that play on him had he gone to USC.
Yep seems like all could have been avoided had he went to SC. Wasn't the catfisher from Cali? Teo would have been easily able to know something was up considering the person would never have been able to meet up and probably would have been able to find out none of his fam had actually seen this girl in person. I get he was a real religious guy and all but if that was the case why not BYU?? He was clearly naive and I can kind of see how a guy all the way over in ND who eats, sleeps and breathes football + goes to classes would get comfortable with an online relationship where he only has to chat with someone here and there as opposed to a girl at the school or in the area who would demand much more of his attention outside of football.

Anyone know the connection between Netflix, Jamie Foxx, Hawaiian shirts and pool cleaner trucks?

Project Power
80BDC14B-E336-4659-B147-A4C6D4D7C003.jpeg

Day Shift
71CEFDD1-4CF6-48FA-BAD7-2DF5C5472269.png
Saving on the wardrobe budget.

Yep seems like all could have been avoided had he went to SC. Wasn't the catfisher from Cali? Teo would have been easily able to know something was up considering the person would never have been able to meet up and probably would have been able to find out none of his fam had actually seen this girl in person. I get he was a real religious guy and all but if that was the case why not BYU?? He was clearly naive and I can kind of see how a guy all the way over in ND who eats, sleeps and breathes football + goes to classes would get comfortable with an online relationship where he only has to chat with someone here and there as opposed to a girl at the school or in the area who would demand much more of his attention outside of football.
Going to ND gave him an opportunity to really propel his game with right team at right time.

You're 100% right though it would've been way harder to catfish him (which ultimately hurt his career and trajectory) had he gone to USC.

Very cruel irony there.

He probably did need that type of relationship to really achieve his dreams of playing ball professionally. Relationships at that age can be a distraction. Even his catfisher admits to pushing Manti to go harder with ball etc lol

Echoes was a pretty ill Series.
Ending was really good.
Very easy consumption once I got my wrapped around Leni vs Gina.

walked away from the manti doc super sad for dude.

I guess it was a different era but I don’t see how you stay in that long of a relationship never seeing the person.

Also can someone remind me again how his friends knew chick when the cat fisher was using a different name? Or was it the same name but different pictures?

Mo is pretty good.
Of course he opens up with Paul Wall.
A Houston show with the proper respects paid, I was in from Play(actually it played on its own after Echos)

Last edited:
Manti Te’o’s untold is sad. Feel bad for the guy. Wish he wasn’t so naive.

super sad - different era but don't understand how a guy with his means didnt ever force the issue to see her. shes in socal his family is in Hawaii. he must have stops in LA....some of the messages she seemed jealous that he might be out with other chicks so i'm guessing he did date around....at least I hope so

its skype era so no reason she can't ever meet for quick video chat....connection issues?!?!?! ......ugh tough watch....

she had to send pics out and about socal during those 3 years.....i'd be like whoa wait a second you just sent a recent pic of you but you cant figure out a way to video chat with me???? its insane!!!

this dude was going to be 8-15th pick in the draft for sure.......lost ton of money and very likely a bust on field because of all this......and this person is like well glad it happened because it helped me discover myself??? unreal

Last edited:
walked away from the manti doc super sad for dude.

I guess it was a different era but I don’t see how you stay in that long of a relationship never seeing the person.

Also can someone remind me again how his friends knew chick when the cat fisher was using a different name? Or was it the same name but different pictures?
His friends only knew her online just like he did. They thought she was a real person too whom they've had online conversations with. There was even a dude that 'dated' her just like Manti did. He hit him up and everything asking about his experience with her.
have you seen my favorite movie of his? how I married a ax murderer! so good
Actually just saw that movie last year for the first time. Great flick.

Did the manti teo stuff happen before the movie Catfish released? Watching the Catfish show you see so many people are desperate to connect with someone else, to the point they say they love and are in a relationship with someone who will refuse to ever facetime call with them.

Back
Top Bottom