The Official Netflix Thread Tho: Recommend Streaming Movies

The documentary trailer started playing in the background and I thought it was old but just got added to Netflix. Then I was like oh Manti Te’o just refreshed all our memory after it had gon away :lol:

Edit: Just started watching. Man's is a BBW transgender now :rofl: :rofl:

Threw me off when they said his name and saw the before pic and then he popped up on my screen for the interview. :lol:

Finished the final season of Locke & Key. Ish was straight cheeks! Terrible writing & character decisions. Thought the show would be better after how terrible Season 2 was but nope! Show had so much potential but nahhh jus end it at Season 3.

Watched the Manti Te'o doc on the strength of the last couple of posts on here. I feel so bad for him. He legit seems like a nice guy that tried to help aeveryone that he could. Glad he put it all behind him and managed to move on with his life. That abrupt ending was terrible. Just when he starts opening up and saying his peace they cut him off. Netflix kinda did him dirty there.

Looking forward to the AND 1 episode mostly for the footage and to see where those dudes are now but I don't know what kinda controversy story they are going to pull out with that one.

Watched the Manti Te'o doc on the strength of the last couple of posts on here. I feel so bad for him. He legit seems like a nice guy that tried to help aeveryone that he could. Glad he put it all behind him and managed to move on with his life. That abrupt ending was terrible. Just when he starts opening up and saying his peace they cut him off. Netflix kinda did him dirty there.

Looking forward to the AND 1 episode mostly for the footage and to see where those dudes are now but I don't know what kinda controversy story they are going to pull out with that one.
Yeah that **** was wild, dirty how the media really did him too. Ended up playing in the NFL almost a decade too, which is impressive af after that craziness.

Yeah that **** was wild, dirty how the media really did him too. Ended up playing in the NFL almost a decade too, which is impressive af after that craziness.

If he wasn't an islander/asian... the media treatment wouldn't have been as egregious and deplorable. Yeah, it was that bad. The disrespek.

Did my man's extremely wrong... all because he wanted to be loved by somebody.

Finished the final season of Locke & Key. Ish was straight cheeks! Terrible writing & character decisions. Thought the show would be better after how terrible Season 2 was but nope! Show had so much potential but nahhh jus end it at Season 3.

Yea....I've yet to finish this. It's so tiring. I'm glad it's the final season. I'm obligated to finish it.

If he wasn't an islander/asian... the media treatment wouldn't have been as egregious and deplorable. Yeah, it was that bad. The disrespek.

Did my man's extremely wrong... all because he wanted to be loved by somebody.

What does that have to do with anything?

He was done that way, because he played for Notre Dame and was a popular player who was widely known.

What does that have to do with anything?

He was done that way, because he played for Notre Dame and was a popular player who was widely known.
I think my man was implying how the treatment would be different if he wasn’t a minority. We know which groups of people get the sympathy card more often than others. In a span of weeks the media narrative went from how he was dumb, despite having the grades to get into Notre Dame, and possibly part of the hoax, which the doc did a good job in providing evidence he wasn’t..

I think my man was implying how the treatment would be different if he wasn’t a minority. We know which groups of people get the sympathy card more often than others. In a span of weeks the media narrative went from how he was dumb, despite having the grades to get into Notre Dame, and possibly part of the hoax, which the doc did a good job in providing evidence he wasn’t..

and every narrative was very warranted. He dated someone out of state that he never met for three years. You're the star player on a football program with thousands of students, and you've never even seen your "girlfriend"?

Then we find out his girlfriend was a he. What was the public supposed to think?

There was no sympathy to give, dude was an idiot and played a part in how he was perceived.

I see Michelle Monaghan has a new Show on NETFLIX.
For sure checking that out this weekend.
I think I will stay away from that Manti Teo doc.

and every narrative was very warranted. He dated someone out of state that he never met for three years. You're the star player on a football program with thousands of students, and you've never even seen your "girlfriend"?

Then we find out his girlfriend was a he. What was the public supposed to think?

There was no sympathy to give, dude was an idiot and played a part in how he was perceived.
Hey man, I’m not going to engage in a back and forward on why he wasn’t at least given some sympathy by the media, which historically has shown at least the slightest of it for certain groups of people regardless of the situation. I agree with you in that it’s really boneheaded of him to not at least do due diligence to confirm the existence of an individual he stated he loved.

Anyways, I’m pumped to watch Dayshift haha! Going into it open-minded and ready for non-sensical entertainment.

While I get you bro. I honestly think Manti just had too much faith in humanity. He lived a somewhat sheltered life and seems to have focused a lot of his attention on football (which worked out well).

The doc also highlights how hard it would be for a student athlete of his talent to maintain a normal relationship. Homie could for sure have had hookups but he was also a Morman and they have more strict rules about sex etc before marriage. When you add that in with all the practice and weight lifting etc dude had to do I doubt he wouldve had much luck with a normal relationship. LD was probably his best option.

So he prolly never would've been about that real college life. The "out of state" girlfriend worked for him.

There's hella women who only date men in prison, often times they only see each other a couple times a year if that. I could totally see how a 20 year old (virgin) doesn't realize something is up.

Not to mention he has friends and family saying "yeah I know her".

Anyone know the connection between Netflix, Jamie Foxx, Hawaiian shirts and pool cleaner trucks?

Project Power
80BDC14B-E336-4659-B147-A4C6D4D7C003.jpeg

Day Shift
71CEFDD1-4CF6-48FA-BAD7-2DF5C5472269.png

I watched Day Shift last night and it was good mindless entertainment. Movie had right amount of action and funny scenes that it didn't feel that cringey. I went in with low expectations so probably why I was pleasantly surprised. Jamie and Franco had decent chemistry.

Have kind of been on so bad they're good summer action movie binge as I just watched Piranha 3DD a few days back which was good mindless entertainment and plenty of TnA haha.

Back
Top Bottom