The Official NBA Season Thread: Woj Retires

Guys like Kawhi have to be in bubble wrap until playoffs. He can only go out and play 100% for like 2 games before he gets knee swelling. Sucks but his knee sounds like its degenerating

I think so too, but he's going to have to have a career great year just for the Clippers to compete for a play-in spot with the way things are going with Kawhi.

Which I don't think he has the stamina to keep it up all year long.

Anthony Davis averages 61 games played per season…. Kawhi averages 58. I don’t see anyone saying AD needs to retire :lol:

Guy has had 3 major lower body/leg injuries and still plays elite basketball when he’s on the court. Dude really has beat the odds and is a medical miracle compared to a lot of other dudes.

Which I don't think he has the stamina to keep it up all year long.
There’s pics and vids of Harden on social media looking pretty skinny and saying he’s in the best shape of his life, but of course, social media.

Even if it’s true, your stamina point still holds because he’s going to have a huge workload on offense if Kawhi misses a lot of time.

There’s basically nobody else on the current who can create his own shot besides Bones (who I’m not expecting to be in the regular rotation). And Zu with paint touches.

Harden is undoubtedly the system now.

Need him for the back quarter of the season. The problem is will they be in position for it to even matter
Which is why I would’ve begrudgingly re-signed PG :lol:

You have the same 12 competitive teams from last year, plus Memphis as a lock, and San Antonio as a wild card. That’s 14/15 teams in the conference :lol:

If you’re budgeting for 1 of your key guys to not play any b2bs and basically miss (at least) a quarter of the season otherwise, you obviously need guys who can pick up that slack.

James Harden was the regular season king, but that was many moons ago. They should still be ok - to the extent they feature Zu properly.

I think he’s ready for a LOT more touches. They would’ve given Dallas a much better run if he was prioritized more.

"Only won because of injuries" :lol:

z6g32a8kryqd1.jpeg

Which is why I would’ve begrudgingly re-signed PG :lol:

You have the same 12 competitive teams from last year, plus Memphis as a lock, and San Antonio as a wild card. That’s 14/15 teams in the conference :lol:

If you’re budgeting for 1 of your key guys to not play any b2bs and basically miss (at least) a quarter of the season otherwise, you obviously need guys who can pick up that slack.

James Harden was the regular season king, but that was many moons ago. They should still be ok - to the extent they feature Zu properly.

I think he’s ready for a LOT more touches. They would’ve given Dallas a much better run if he was prioritized more.
In theory I get it but PG got big loser mentality and he’s made out of glass himself. Can’t hitch yourself to two broken wagons

Lue will have them good enough to be .500. KPJ is a wildcard. I personally think they are done regardless

There’s pics and vids of Harden on social media looking pretty skinny and saying he’s in the best shape of his life, but of course, social media.

Even if it’s true, your stamina point still holds because he’s going to have a huge workload on offense if Kawhi misses a lot of time.

There’s basically nobody else on the current who can create his own shot besides Bones (who I’m not expecting to be in the regular rotation). And Zu with paint touches.

Harden is undoubtedly the system now.

Even if he's in the best shape of his life, he's still 35. The notion used to be that Harden doesn't rely on athleticism but that's completely false.

That burst and first step is foundational to his play style plus finishing around the basket (which he can't do anymore) - I blame the Nets staff for downplaying his injury and aggravating his hamstring injury but I digress.

But like you said, him being the system, he will give you 21+ points and 8+ assists which I think can get you buy with the proper coaching.

James also has a player option next summer, so there's motivation there for one last "big" pay day (not sure from who).

Guys like Kawhi have to be in bubble wrap until playoffs. He can only go out and play 100% for like 2 games before he gets knee swelling. Sucks but his knee sounds like its degenerating

Kawhi needs to be a nomad and sign $10mil 10 day contracts throughout the season then lock it in with a contender just before the playoffs. :lol:

Yeah the this is going to be the most important November and December of any NBA regular season I can remember. With so many teams in the conference competing now, you don't have regular season games just to lose. Even the play in is gonna be hard to make. Im curious who will be the top 4 teams. I think Denver takes a slight regular season dip.

Back
Top Bottom