The Official NBA Season Thread: Woj Retires

Yall act like getting your jersey retired is like trying to make the football hall of fame. Vince did a lot for the influence of Toronto basketball with with ariel assault on rims in the late 90's and early 2000's. And made a expansion team super relevant. As soon as he left from UNC he was a star. Now is he a all time great? No lol. But he can get the jersey retired for the 2000 dunk contest alone imo. Who else deserve it? Bosh?

Yall act like getting your jersey retired is like trying to make the football hall of fame. Vince did a lot for the influence of Toronto basketball with with ariel assault on rims in the late 90's and early 2000's. And made an expansion team super relevant. As soon as he left from UNC he was a star. Now is he an all time great? No lol. But he can get the jersey retired for the 2000 dunk contest alone imo. Who else deserve it? Bosh?
They won one playoff series. How did he make them relevant

Lowry
Derozen
Kawhi

All getting their jersey there. Siakim will too when he’s like 58 years old

They won one playoff series. How did he make them relevant

Lowry
Derozen
Kawhi

All getting their jersey there. Siakim will too when he’s like 58 years old
Vince is just like Yao Ming out here in Houston. On paper he aint do a lot you are right, but is impact and influence cant be quantified with just stats. He made the Raptors a lot of money. From 99 to 03 VC was one of the most popular NBA players in the world.

Theres a pretty good full length documentary on streaming explaining in painstaking detail exactly why VC would get his jersey retired by the Raptors :lol:

i7HbA7lq8Y2ZBxeGqlmrWaHkLLa.jpg

Goes far beyond anything he could've achieved on the court with the team.

He's pretty much the godfather of basketball in Canada for a few generations of players and fans with how he further popularized and helped grow the game nationwide.

That impact and influence alone is worthy of any sentimental honor the franchise could give.

Vince Carter is definitely a legend man. For the dunks alone. And liked among the NBA brass. You don't stay around 22 years and immediately get a broadcasting job without being liked by the right people.
I guess that’s fair. I missed his prime but I grew up liking AI and Kobe lol. Hell even TMac.

Give me the debacled Magic vs Jeanie era over the Bron circus any day. Everything that comes along with Bron is cool until it's your team and you gotta watch all the ******** 😂. I'd rather actually be a joke than be a pretend championship contender. At least the young sorry teams were somewhat fun to root for.

Edit I only count the bubble chip when it fits my narrative. Like when there was an argument between the better franchise la or Boston but now they got another one I go back to discounting it until I need it again. Me and that bubble chip like smokey and deebo

Back
Top Bottom