The Official NBA Season Thread: Pre-Season Games Underway | RIP Dikembe Mutombo 🙏

Because even with them limiting his games he gets hurt every postseason. Its not that hard of a concept to grasp. His knee isnt going to magically add cartlidge as he ages.
I know this might be a difficult concept for you to grasp, but perhaps he enjoys playing basketball as well as making $50M per year.

His knee magically adding cartilage is irrelevant.

He just played 83% of the season, which is more than you can say for a bunch of other guys in the league.

I don’t even consider this news. I had no expectations for Kawhi playing any time soon.
I get it why they did it, but when you think risk vs reward, is it worth it? $152 million for him to just play a few games here and there.

I get you don’t wanna open a new arena with scrubs, but it’s not worth me spending an extra $150-200 million dollars .

OKC went all-in on that trade and has one series win to show for it. It's time to start getting results
They’re gonna be really good. Still don’t know if they have enough firepower. They’re pretty much just waiting on Chet to continue to develop.

They’ll improve (significantly) as he does.

Reactions: HIM
I get it why they did it, but when you think risk vs reward, is it worth it? $152 million for him to just play a few games here and there.

I get you don’t wanna open a new arena with scrubs, but it’s not worth me spending an extra $150-200 million dollars .
Ballmer being one of the richest people on Earth eases the sting of that number a bit for the Clippers.

I also think they heavily considered that they don’t own their 1st round pick outright this year or next. So blowing up would probably mean helping OKC get higher 1st round picks. The FA classes this past Summer and next Summer are not all that great either.

So all things considered, they figured they were better off keeping Kawhi around for another couple years and getting whatever they can out of him, rather blowing it up and being bad without any draft benefits.

463630526_941494704679590_8902350586999970523_n.jpg

ending.gif

Lawrence Frank needs to be fired. Resigns Kawhi, yet lets PG and Russ walk. Crazy work. The season is now in Harden's hands. Last time Harden had a franchise in hands, he cried and left for New York.

I didn't even realize that the Clippers somehow sent ANOTHER pick swap to OKC when they traded for Harden. How is this level of malpractice even possible :lol:

Back
Top Bottom