The Official NBA Season Thread: Free Agency Day

Tough for me to see the path. Klay is awful at the POA defensively now. The trade would be DLo and picks?
I would not make Klay the POA defender. He would probably guard the second or third best perimeter threat. I would start Vando or Christie (might be too big of an ask tbh) and task them with being the lead POA defender.

Yep, I would shop D'Lo and a future first for a center. Looking at someone like Wendell Carter Jr.

Bron BEEN giving up PG duties for years fammo

That's why the Harden rumors are turning up to solidify the PG position
troll.png

Be a cold day in hell when Harden wear a Laker jersey

Are the rules prohibiting the warriors front office from just dropping OD cheese? I mean I know theres penalties for salary caps, but these are billion dollar teams. The penalty can't be that bad. Like what's stopping balmer from dropping a nuke every year? Just not wanting to or are there fail safes to protect the other broke boy owners?

Are the rules prohibiting the warriors front office from just dropping OD cheese? I mean I know theres penalties for salary caps, but these are billion dollar teams. The penalty can't be that bad. Like what's stopping balmer from dropping a nuke every year? Just not wanting to or are there fail safes to protect the other broke boy owners?

Warriors don’t want to pay those penalties for a play in squad. With or without KT, that Warriors team ain’t a contender.

Balmer don’t want to pay for a team that’s only made the conference finals albeit during a year removed from league shutting down in 2020.

The new apron system is effectively the Balmer rule.

Once you cross that 2nd apron you are in shackles when it comes to making changes to the roster.

So unless you are championship caliber there's no reason to entertain it.

Tough for me to see the path. Klay is awful at the POA defensively now. The trade would be DLo and picks?

the days of klay being a POA defender ended in 2019 and then the achilles tear confirmed it. Kerr didn’t want to outright say that klay was washed defensively, so he couched it in “we might experiment with klay defending 3s and 4s” aka we’re gonna hide him on defense last off season.

Do the lakers have cap space to sign klay or do they need to do a sign and trade with the dubs?

the days of klay being a POA defender ended in 2019 and then the achilles tear confirmed it. Kerr didn’t want to outright say that klay was washed defensively, so he couched it in “we might experiment with klay defending 3s and 4s” aka we’re gonna hide him on defense last off season.

Do the lakers have cap space to sign klay or do they need to do a sign and trade with the dubs?
If Bron really takes a paycut, it could be signing Klay with the NTMLE which is about $12M or they could do a S&T.
The draymond green x podcast p crossover pod direct from the locker room during halftime could’ve been an all time great show. Who from the LAC front office was hatin like that?
1000006086.png

Why would you want to pay a ridiculous amount of money, more than anybody else in the league, when your team sucks?

It’s not like you’re paying anybody new either, it’s just the same guys :lol:

I am all for x player getting the biggest bag they can get, but in KT’s case they paid this man for two seasons whole he was out with injury and even then until the last straw they didn’t bench him when it became evident he wasn’t what he was pre 2019 nba finals out of respect to him. So this feeling of feelin like there was disrespect is crazy (if that’s the case).

Back
Top Bottom