The Official NBA Finals Thread: Game 7 - Cleveland Cavaliers are your 2016 NBA Champions

Who will win the 2016 NBA finals?

• Dubs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cavs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
                                                                                                                               Dray bout to eat....

....Not!

Props to the MVP Steph, Klay, Coach Kerr, [special shout to my Illinois dawgs Iggy (Sprinfield) & Shaun (P-Town)]. 

Goat4421's  All time NBA  team (15 members)

Bill Russell
Larry Bird
Michael Jordan
George Gervin
Scottie Pippen
Reggie Miller
Magic Johnson
Patrick Ewing
Isaiah Thomas
LeBron James
Wilt Chamberlain
Lew Alcindor (Kareem Abdul Jabbar)
Kobe Bryant
Rick Barry
Julius Erving 

Subject to change......  What's your 15?

Man if Draymond gets himself a suspension or if the Refs F2 him up, it better be a Semi-Pro type wrestling move or him spitting in the refs face.

Hope he makes it through without suspension
Fully expected the league to give him a flagrant 1 for that take down move..

But I guess they assumed it would just go away, which it has
Pretty salty if his arm had snapped like Kelly did Love.

Dray got away with Murder

Cavs haven't been winning at the sf position in the finals for a couple years now

The last two final mvps have been small forwards
smile.gif
They only went to the Finals once tho....

the last finals MVP is on the warriors tho :nerd:

Cavs haven't been winning at the sf position in the finals for a couple years now

The last two final mvps have been small forwards :smile:

True...

Not taking anything away from any finals MVP performance,

However... 38/11/9 speaks for itself and hardly points to iggy "winning that match-up"

I'm sure if I look up the previous finals stats lebron stats would be better than Kawhi Leonard's as well.

I just don't feel like doing it because it's honestly not worth it.

I don't agree with alot of what that guy said and especially with the hesitancy to give the Cavs an edge at the small fwd position.

As if any of you guys wouldn't trade iggy for lebron any day of the week. In a heartbeat.

If you don't, you are truly a fool.

Last edited:

Jesus, almost at TWENTY PAGES... and the damn series is TWO DAYS AWAY.

How many pages before the opening tip?

Gimme... ummm... I'll just double this.

Gimme 40 pages.

over/under?
Uuuuummmmm... 
laugh.gif

embarassed.gif

Wait, I posted that in the wrong thread. Let me get out of the Bron Haters thread and put that in the Finals thread real quick...

Did lebron put up numbers in the last 2 finals? Yeah but it was rarely when klaw or Iggy guarded him. Shieeet one can argue lebron is the master at putting up stats when the game is out of reach.

So make up your mind. Are they mvps because they did such a great job guarding lebron? If so, how? Because you just said lebron put up monster numbers against other defenders. They surely didn't win MVP for their offensive output. Avg 14pts and 17pts respectively.

Point blank, analyzing this series position by position, I have no problem giving gsw the edge in most categories. But to suggest that they win at sf... That's just laughable.

I've never seen any player sneak in 40pts in 6 straight games in garbage time only.

I've never seen a meaningless 40pts.

Sometimes I wonder if lebron haters even listen to themselves when they talk.

Did lebron put up numbers in the last 2 finals? Yeah but it was rarely when klaw or Iggy guarded him. Shieeet one can argue lebron is the master at putting up stats when the game is out of reach.

So make up your mind. Are they mvps because they did such a great job guarding lebron? If so, how? Because you just said lebron put up monster numbers against other defenders. They surely didn't win MVP for their offensive output. Avg 14pts and 17pts respectively.

Point blank, analyzing this series position by position, I have no problem giving gsw the edge in most categories. But to suggest that they win at sf... That's just laughable.

i never changed my stance on anything lol. they won MVPs because they limited lebron when the game mattered. Scoring an extra 20 pts, grabbing 8 more rebbies and dishing out 5 more assists when the game doesn't matter anymore impressed only those who look at the stat sheet.

lets focus on this years finals but i agree. only position cle is better at is sf and its a wash for centers. neither bogut nor tt are great rim protectors , tt gets more boards but that position is a wash. 

lets focus on this years finals but i agree. only position cle is better at is sf and its a wash for centers. neither bogut nor tt are great rim protectors , tt gets more boards but that position is a wash. 

Bogut is a good center IMO. Just didn't do a good job with Steven Adams, but he's in the top of that position. He's a big man who can pass and can set up the offense with. I don't know any other center like that.

lol where did i say that at?

lol where did i say that at?

You basically said half lebrons stats came in garbage time. Right?

i didn't say half of lebron stats came in garbage time.

you keep bringing up averaging 40 pts in a lost like it's impressive b. it's not. especially considering he played no defense and took a million shots and shot under 40% in the series and only 33% when iggy guarded him. yeah, iggy's 16 pts isn't eye-popping but he averaged only 8pts in the regular season. he doubled up on lbj bruhbruh.

Yall talking bout how many points lebron scored last year like he wasn't taking 40 shots a game by himself. Of course stats are inflated. He was taking all the shots, playing all the minutes, and got all the touches. What do you expect?

Bogut is a great passing center, yes, but he is buns on defense, and Adams showed that. Fortunately for him, the Warriors are active enough that they don't NEED a strong anchor underneath. If they did... 
sick.gif

Bogut is a good center IMO. Just didn't do a good job with Steven Adams, but he's in the top of that position. He's a big man who can pass and can set up the offense with. I don't know any other center like that.
hes nowhere near the top of that position and that was the warriors biggest weakness all year long

. dj , cousins, marc gasol , vucevic, lopez , jonas v, horford , whitside, drummond ,gobert , kat   ... bogut is nowhere near the top. 

you are right he can pass but i dont see bogut as anything special. 

Last edited:
i didn't say half of lebron stats came in garbage time.

you keep bringing up averaging 40 pts in a lost like it's impressive b. it's not. especially considering he played no defense and took a million shots and shot under 40% in the series and only 33% when iggy guarded him. yeah, iggy's 16 pts isn't eye-popping but he averaged only 8pts in the regular season. he doubled up on lbj bruhbruh.

So, using your words, I'm not supposed to be impressed by 40pts...that aint s**t right? But 16, when you average 8? Oh s**t!!! He did that! He doubled up, let's give him a trophy! ***** please

I really cant see Bron losing this time around. It would take an all time great performance for GS to stop the Cavs. With that, I see Cavs in 6. And Cavs taking game 1 at Oracle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom