The Official Mortal Kombat 9 Thread

Maaan Piranha Smoke fatality is soo dope
eek.gif

In 2 player versus when you choose a stage on the stage select screen select it by pressing start and you hear the announcer laugh, now when you play on that stage you will get the classic music.

Hope the demo is out for 360 at 4:30 , Microsoft didn't announce it but when do they announce demos
laugh.gif
Hopefully the folks at NetherRealm got it up for us

In 2 player versus when you choose a stage on the stage select screen select it by pressing start and you hear the announcer laugh, now when you play on that stage you will get the classic music.

Hope the demo is out for 360 at 4:30 , Microsoft didn't announce it but when do they announce demos
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by KING x RIECE

laugh.gif

Yea I forgot to mention that lil secret to you guys. I hope they have claasic music for every throwback stage. Throwback church music FTW !!!!!
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by KING x RIECE

laugh.gif

Yea I forgot to mention that lil secret to you guys. I hope they have claasic music for every throwback stage. Throwback church music FTW !!!!!
pimp.gif

The gameplay in this game is very fast and fluid like the old mortal kombat 3 game. There's dial up combos to preform but you can customize your own set of combos. You just have to be very creative and you need to know how to execute them quickly. This game really feels like a mix of MK2 and UMK3. Its very fast to pick up and easy to play. It shouldn't be to difficult for causal players to pick up. But it does have that competitive drive to be tournament worthy like UMK3. If you like Super Street Fighter 4 then you will really like MK9.  Both Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter are  classic fighting games in my opinion.

SCORPION : Scorpion is very fast and aggressive in this new installment. His special moves are the hell fire, spear, teleport, and the leg takedown. His combos are easy to preform and you can just come up with so many different combos. His hellfire has been downgraded which is very good thing because in MKA he was very cheap.
laugh.gif
 Of course you have the enhanced moves which ignites a bigger flame. His x-ray is really cool. He teleports lighting fast and punches the opponent in the jaw shattering their skull and proceeds to stomp on their chest.
sick.gif
 Only thing he's lacking in is his fatalities. Of course the toasty fatality will be back so its all good.
devil.gif
 Scorpion's score 8.5/10

SUB-ZERO : Sub-zero is very sluggish in this new installment but hes very powerful aswell. Sub-zero for sure is going to be a challenge for people to master. He's more of a defensive player. His special moves are the ground freeze, slide, ice clone, and ice projectile. The special move that isn't very effective is his ground freeze. Sub zero shoots the ice down the ground very slow which leaves you open for a hit. His combos are very slow and you have to know how to execute his combos at the right time or he wont connect the combo string. His x-ray is very useful and can be used in a combo if used properly. I love how he crushes the opponent's liver and then headbutt's the opponent.
smokin.gif
 His fatality is alright. He has another one where he rips your skull included with the spine, proceeds to deep freeze the opponent and shatters him/her with the skull/spine. Of course the classic head rip will be back aswell. Sub-zero's score 8.5/10

MILEENA : Millena is very quick in this game but kinda weak.
tired.gif
 The only thing about mileena is that she relies alot on her specials to preform some sick custom combo's. Her specials are the roll ball, teleport kick, face chew and sai projectile. Also with mileena you have to know her basic combos first to get idea in how you can customize some combo's. The only problem is that mileena's roll ball special when blocked gives the opponent the chance to preform a combo which would leave a lot of damage. Her x-ray has been upgraded from a boring punch to the ribs to multiple sai stabs . I love it
devil.gif
  Her fatality is fantastic. Her second fatality is kinda weak. She throws sai's at the opponent's feet and walks slowly towards him/her and rips em half. Mileena's score 7.5/10

JOHNNY CAGE : JC is a dynamic fighter in this mortal kombat. JC for sure is top tier quality. He's a beast
sick.gif
 I haven't been this thrilled over JC since mk2/mk trilogy
eek.gif
 His combo's are very easy to preform and he's very fast. His specials are the shadow kick, flip kick , low/high green ball projectile and the infamous low blow.
glasses.gif
  His x-ray is a counter. It goes into effect if your opponent hits you. It's like a super multiple low blow punch
sick.gif
 His fatality is really cool and its a mix of his MK 2 Fatalties. JC's score 9/10

Well that's my summary over the mk 9 demo. I cant give out my final verdict on the game until the full game release's. But I have a feeling this mortal kombat is going down as a true classic for sure.
pimp.gif

The gameplay in this game is very fast and fluid like the old mortal kombat 3 game. There's dial up combos to preform but you can customize your own set of combos. You just have to be very creative and you need to know how to execute them quickly. This game really feels like a mix of MK2 and UMK3. Its very fast to pick up and easy to play. It shouldn't be to difficult for causal players to pick up. But it does have that competitive drive to be tournament worthy like UMK3. If you like Super Street Fighter 4 then you will really like MK9.  Both Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter are  classic fighting games in my opinion.

SCORPION : Scorpion is very fast and aggressive in this new installment. His special moves are the hell fire, spear, teleport, and the leg takedown. His combos are easy to preform and you can just come up with so many different combos. His hellfire has been downgraded which is very good thing because in MKA he was very cheap.
laugh.gif
 Of course you have the enhanced moves which ignites a bigger flame. His x-ray is really cool. He teleports lighting fast and punches the opponent in the jaw shattering their skull and proceeds to stomp on their chest.
sick.gif
 Only thing he's lacking in is his fatalities. Of course the toasty fatality will be back so its all good.
devil.gif
 Scorpion's score 8.5/10

SUB-ZERO : Sub-zero is very sluggish in this new installment but hes very powerful aswell. Sub-zero for sure is going to be a challenge for people to master. He's more of a defensive player. His special moves are the ground freeze, slide, ice clone, and ice projectile. The special move that isn't very effective is his ground freeze. Sub zero shoots the ice down the ground very slow which leaves you open for a hit. His combos are very slow and you have to know how to execute his combos at the right time or he wont connect the combo string. His x-ray is very useful and can be used in a combo if used properly. I love how he crushes the opponent's liver and then headbutt's the opponent.
smokin.gif
 His fatality is alright. He has another one where he rips your skull included with the spine, proceeds to deep freeze the opponent and shatters him/her with the skull/spine. Of course the classic head rip will be back aswell. Sub-zero's score 8.5/10

MILEENA : Millena is very quick in this game but kinda weak.
tired.gif
 The only thing about mileena is that she relies alot on her specials to preform some sick custom combo's. Her specials are the roll ball, teleport kick, face chew and sai projectile. Also with mileena you have to know her basic combos first to get idea in how you can customize some combo's. The only problem is that mileena's roll ball special when blocked gives the opponent the chance to preform a combo which would leave a lot of damage. Her x-ray has been upgraded from a boring punch to the ribs to multiple sai stabs . I love it
devil.gif
  Her fatality is fantastic. Her second fatality is kinda weak. She throws sai's at the opponent's feet and walks slowly towards him/her and rips em half. Mileena's score 7.5/10

JOHNNY CAGE : JC is a dynamic fighter in this mortal kombat. JC for sure is top tier quality. He's a beast
sick.gif
 I haven't been this thrilled over JC since mk2/mk trilogy
eek.gif
 His combo's are very easy to preform and he's very fast. His specials are the shadow kick, flip kick , low/high green ball projectile and the infamous low blow.
glasses.gif
  His x-ray is a counter. It goes into effect if your opponent hits you. It's like a super multiple low blow punch
sick.gif
 His fatality is really cool and its a mix of his MK 2 Fatalties. JC's score 9/10

Well that's my summary over the mk 9 demo. I cant give out my final verdict on the game until the full game release's. But I have a feeling this mortal kombat is going down as a true classic for sure.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom