The Official Military Thread. Vol 1

I'm Active Duty Air Force... I've been in 8.5 years. I'm a Tech Sergeant (E-6), stationed at Spangdahlem AB, Germany.

I'm Active Duty Air Force... I've been in 8.5 years. I'm a Tech Sergeant (E-6), stationed at Spangdahlem AB, Germany.

Originally Posted by jetsetr

Go officer if you can...stay away from enlisted if possible. Doesn't matter which one you join, they all have pros and cons.
this is stupid, the Officer route obviously isnt available to everybody.
anyways, my boy wants to join the navy, but i been hearing theres a 2 yr waiting list...how true is that

and I EAS from the marine corps in august....YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Go officer if you can...stay away from enlisted if possible. Doesn't matter which one you join, they all have pros and cons.
anyways, my boy wants to join the navy, but i been hearing theres a 2 yr waiting list...how true is that

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

solarius49 wrote:
jetsetr wrote:

......which is why it specifically states IF you can. 

....jetsetr's comments about going officer are 100% correct. however i do disagree that it doesnt matter which one you join.

...quality of life generally goes from top to bottom:
BEST:      Air Force
                Navy/Coast Guard
WORST: Army/Marines 

...i dont think i can find a person alive that would voluntarily take a more poor quality of life when a better one is available.

solarius49 wrote:
jetsetr wrote:

......which is why it specifically states IF you can. 

....jetsetr's comments about going officer are 100% correct. however i do disagree that it doesnt matter which one you join.

...quality of life generally goes from top to bottom:
BEST:      Air Force
                Navy/Coast Guard
WORST: Army/Marines 

...i dont think i can find a person alive that would voluntarily take a more poor quality of life when a better one is available.

even still Army quality of life >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Marines...when i was in Kuwait, at Camp Beuring, i was amazed that the army base there was even nicer than any marine base id ever lived on in the states

im obviously a marine btw

even still Army quality of life >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Marines...when i was in Kuwait, at Camp Beuring, i was amazed that the army base there was even nicer than any marine base id ever lived on in the states

Originally Posted by devildoc76

Originally Posted by jraxon

Originally Posted by Greezee

Right here!

errrrrr!
Hell I didn't know this thread existed..... I miss the Doc life
frown.gif
 (Army Cav Scout now).  
One of our Docs is the most alcoholic, abrasive, loud, idiots I've ever met.  He constantly curses out Staff NCO's and officers....but NOBODY will ever say @#%@ to him bc hes one of the most decorated corpsman in the division, and is well known for saving ALOT of lives

Originally Posted by jraxon

Originally Posted by Greezee

Right here!

errrrrr!
Hell I didn't know this thread existed..... I miss the Doc life
frown.gif
 (Army Cav Scout now).  
One of our Docs is the most alcoholic, abrasive, loud, idiots I've ever met.  He constantly curses out Staff NCO's and officers....but NOBODY will ever say @#%@ to him bc hes one of the most decorated corpsman in the division, and is well known for saving ALOT of lives

^ I was never like that.... But as an E-4/5 at that time I respected the everyone ( But I was also 29 when I enlisted). To me Gunny was the man, and SSgt's and Sgt's not too far behind.  I actually got my leadership qualities from the CPL's when I was an E-4.  But my HMC's were, dare I say, AJ squared away.  To me your were either a  Doc or an HM. I never wanted a Marine calling me HM2 or HM3. Then there was the term devildoc, which I use now.  I will never elaborate on where I've been or what I've done, but I will say this.... if your life is on the line and you feel like you're in hell, thats my job to drag your a** out of there.  I was a versatile SOB when I deployed, M4 in tow, man the .50, carry the SAW when needed. I even got snatched up by an Army MP Brigade to do MP work as well when I was in the box.
As far as Army life>>>>> Marines, ehhhh.... depends.   I see E-3 and below talk to NCO's the way you describe your Doc on a daily basis. I'm in an Army Combat MOS which does alot of what Infantry does, but with far less people. Hence why 1st Cav is the only Cav Division in the Army.  Infantry has quite a few, because I'm in one right now.  We get treated like crap compared to the non-combat MOS's in the Army(POG's).  Buering, Arifjan, those are places for the fobbits.  Only time I saw those places were when we got there and when we left.  So as I get ready to roll out here soon, I don't expect the red carpet treatment like the Mil Intel BDE I was attached to last year.  Even as the "merc" unit of the the MI BDE we were treated as grunts.  And rightfully so.  It made me appreciate things a lot more.  But now I'm part of a larger unit, under infantry rule, and trust me when I say,  MRE's are like eating at Benihana's now.  I just take it for what it is and roll with it.  Hell not many people can say they've done what I've done during my military career.

I will add this..... Given the training I received through my Naval career, I still will never let an Army Medic touch me.  Ranger tab, Jump wings, Air Assault, CAB, I don't give a s**t.  I got my FMF pin, I'm straight 
wink.gif

^ I was never like that.... But as an E-4/5 at that time I respected the everyone ( But I was also 29 when I enlisted). To me Gunny was the man, and SSgt's and Sgt's not too far behind.  I actually got my leadership qualities from the CPL's when I was an E-4.  But my HMC's were, dare I say, AJ squared away.  To me your were either a  Doc or an HM. I never wanted a Marine calling me HM2 or HM3. Then there was the term devildoc, which I use now.  I will never elaborate on where I've been or what I've done, but I will say this.... if your life is on the line and you feel like you're in hell, thats my job to drag your a** out of there.  I was a versatile SOB when I deployed, M4 in tow, man the .50, carry the SAW when needed. I even got snatched up by an Army MP Brigade to do MP work as well when I was in the box.
As far as Army life>>>>> Marines, ehhhh.... depends.   I see E-3 and below talk to NCO's the way you describe your Doc on a daily basis. I'm in an Army Combat MOS which does alot of what Infantry does, but with far less people. Hence why 1st Cav is the only Cav Division in the Army.  Infantry has quite a few, because I'm in one right now.  We get treated like crap compared to the non-combat MOS's in the Army(POG's).  Buering, Arifjan, those are places for the fobbits.  Only time I saw those places were when we got there and when we left.  So as I get ready to roll out here soon, I don't expect the red carpet treatment like the Mil Intel BDE I was attached to last year.  Even as the "merc" unit of the the MI BDE we were treated as grunts.  And rightfully so.  It made me appreciate things a lot more.  But now I'm part of a larger unit, under infantry rule, and trust me when I say,  MRE's are like eating at Benihana's now.  I just take it for what it is and roll with it.  Hell not many people can say they've done what I've done during my military career.

I will add this..... Given the training I received through my Naval career, I still will never let an Army Medic touch me.  Ranger tab, Jump wings, Air Assault, CAB, I don't give a s**t.  I got my FMF pin, I'm straight 
wink.gif

Originally Posted by solarius49

....yeah, ive never known exactly which one between Army and Marines had better quality of life so i just put them together. they're still both under Navy/Coast Guard and Air Force.

....yeah, ive never known exactly which one between Army and Marines had better quality of life so i just put them together. they're still both under Navy/Coast Guard and Air Force.

wink.gif

Are you on pendleton by any chance?

wink.gif

Are you on pendleton by any chance?

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
I just got accepted for Supply officer last week soooo....

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
I just got accepted for Supply officer last week soooo....

Back
Top Bottom