The Official Military Thread. Vol 1

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

Originally Posted by ATLsFinest

interviews arent mandatory. and you should have had your package submitted anyways. check out www.navyocs.com

like i said they just had an intel board. so im not sure when the next one will be especially with budget cuts
frown.gif
do you know anything about the next supply corps board?
found out supply was back in july and that results are out. i doubt they had another one in august.

It's crazy the amount of misinformation/contrary info/straight up lies going around. On that board some guys say that there's a board happening in September, another guy says that all boards are cancelled for fiscal year 2012 and my recruiter apparently doesn't know a dang thing! I don't know who or what to believe. I just hope my recruiter isn't lying to me or intentionally keeping me in the dark

Originally Posted by ATLsFinest

interviews arent mandatory. and you should have had your package submitted anyways. check out www.navyocs.com

like i said they just had an intel board. so im not sure when the next one will be especially with budget cuts
frown.gif
do you know anything about the next supply corps board?
found out supply was back in july and that results are out. i doubt they had another one in august.

It's crazy the amount of misinformation/contrary info/straight up lies going around. On that board some guys say that there's a board happening in September, another guy says that all boards are cancelled for fiscal year 2012 and my recruiter apparently doesn't know a dang thing! I don't know who or what to believe. I just hope my recruiter isn't lying to me or intentionally keeping me in the dark

^ Nobody is lying its just the Navy is seriously overmanned for Officers so they decide these things on need basis. Boards meet monthly but can be cancelled/back on again in a second. My recruiter doesn't even know when my PA board is but I know that it is usually held in November.

Honestly your best bet would be to contact Naval Recruitment Command in Millington, TN and talk to their Public Affairs office. I could be wrong but I believe that is where OCS #'s and boards are held.

^ Nobody is lying its just the Navy is seriously overmanned for Officers so they decide these things on need basis. Boards meet monthly but can be cancelled/back on again in a second. My recruiter doesn't even know when my PA board is but I know that it is usually held in November.

Honestly your best bet would be to contact Naval Recruitment Command in Millington, TN and talk to their Public Affairs office. I could be wrong but I believe that is where OCS #'s and boards are held.

Originally Posted by ryair max 1

Agreed. It is definitely a stressful process. Especially the not knowing part. I would hope your recruiter wouldn't intentionally keep you in the dark...why would he? I recently there is to be one this month as well. I hope so for you. Do you trust your or? A lot of times they really don't know themselves and are just getting fed second hand info as well. Just keep your hopes up and try not to discouraged.

Originally Posted by ryair max 1

Agreed. It is definitely a stressful process. Especially the not knowing part. I would hope your recruiter wouldn't intentionally keep you in the dark...why would he? I recently there is to be one this month as well. I hope so for you. Do you trust your or? A lot of times they really don't know themselves and are just getting fed second hand info as well. Just keep your hopes up and try not to discouraged.

Originally Posted by FullTech

Originally Posted by freshKRN

Hey guys im a sophomore in college, but im interested in joining Air Force for either officer or healthcare professional. but im leaning towards healthcare profoessional more... if i take ROTC class in college right now will it help me and put me in advantage?

healthcare professional?....

just go ROTC, man
laugh.gif

I dont want to be an officer where you go to the field and stuff... i wanna work as a medical staff... is that not possible?

Hey guys im a sophomore in college, but im interested in joining Air Force for either officer or healthcare professional. but im leaning towards healthcare profoessional more... if i take ROTC class in college right now will it help me and put me in advantage?

healthcare professional?....

just go ROTC, man
laugh.gif

I dont want to be an officer where you go to the field and stuff... i wanna work as a medical staff... is that not possible?

if you become an officer in AF, I doubt you would go to the field. go talk with the officer recruiter, tell them you want to work as a medic.

if you become an officer in AF, I doubt you would go to the field. go talk with the officer recruiter, tell them you want to work as a medic.

You'll get deployed if you're enlisted or officer in the medical field
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Anybody in the national guard?
Took my asvab today. Did well on the math and English part just waiting on the rest.

I want to do active duty after boot camp though.
Will I be limited as to what's available for me?

I wanted to go into intelligence.
Considered MP.

RO said to think of 3 things I'd wanna get into and can't think of a 3rd.
Plus I think I'm ineligible for intelligence. ;/

Anybody in the national guard?
Took my asvab today. Did well on the math and English part just waiting on the rest.

I want to do active duty after boot camp though.
Will I be limited as to what's available for me?

I wanted to go into intelligence.
Considered MP.

RO said to think of 3 things I'd wanna get into and can't think of a 3rd.
Plus I think I'm ineligible for intelligence. ;/

Originally Posted by High Altitude

laugh.gif
Everyone goes to the feild your a soldier first just cause the army and marines might do it more were all soldiers first

Originally Posted by High Altitude

laugh.gif
Everyone goes to the feild your a soldier first just cause the army and marines might do it more were all soldiers first

I need tips on how to score high on the math parts of the ASVAB please any input is appreciated.

I need tips on how to score high on the math parts of the ASVAB please any input is appreciated.

I doubt that he's going to the combat zone, other than combat medics and corpsman. There's no medics in the military that go in the wire as medics.
Btw, shout-outs to devil docs, best doctor that a marine can have
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Back
Top Bottom