The Official Military Thread. Vol 1

Sitting through TRS right now. I'm focused on the resume and disability portion. I still have 15 months till I retire but I want to make sure I'm good on those aspects.

Pretty mad actually that I didn’t pick up 8. No hate to those that did, but damn.

Sorry to hear that man.

I knew some good folks that made 8 and 9 but of course saw some names and just scratched my head.

You thought about a CWO package?

love the CWO life. I had too much stress with that Anchor on...didn't get paid enough for that nonsense.

With everything that is going on right now, how do you feel about the troops leaving and Afghanistan falling?

It is what it is. That world police or imperialist thing isn’t sustainable. It’s clearly shown that it introduces regional instability eg Iraq, Afghanistan, Haiti, etc.

Conventional warfare. Special operations. Humanitarian assistance. Good uses of the military.

The “War” on terror has been a failure. Besides the Gulf War, the US has looked foolish in the Korean, Vietnam and Terror Wars.

Im a proud American. Marine. We just have to revise our approach as a world power.

Last edited:
I honestly haven’t given it too much thought, I’ve been distracted by the dumb ***** who I work with who still think the election was stolen, COVID isn’t real, but yet, it is, and how if their kid has to wear a mask then they’re taking them out of school, with nowhere to put them, and a lady who is joining the “Moms of Liberty” so yeah, been preoccupied with dumb ****.

*also* these are supposed to be professionals, however, they have a legit beef with transgender service members and refer to them as “he-she’s” and one woman complains that testosterone in men has gone by 30%, when asked where she got here source(s), she said some **** I’ve never heard of.

This was the only outcome possible. It was gonna happen as soon as we dipped. One president had to take a stand n pull us out.
let these people be.
no one EVER controlled them and why would we???? The terrain makes it impossible. But yeah let Afghan, Afghan.

I honestly haven’t given it too much thought, I’ve been distracted by the dumb ***** who I work with who still think the election was stolen, COVID isn’t real, but yet, it is, and how if their kid has to wear a mask then they’re taking them out of school, with nowhere to put them

I have a coworker who is anti mask and vaccine. A part of me is going to laugh when that mandate comes out. Sadly, he’s at 17+ so he could reach sanctuary and refuse.

I have a coworker who is anti mask and vaccine. A part of me is going to laugh when that mandate comes out. Sadly, he’s at 17+ so he could reach sanctuary and refuse.

I got a friend at 18 years. She is anti vaccine as well and is going to refuse the vaccine...

She claims her freedom is worth more than retirement...

Then we have this idiot...

At the 6:15 mark dude reminded my of Matt Damon on SNL play Judge Kavanaugh
Top 30 Matt Kavanaugh GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

Sad thoughts regardless

This is getting crazy...
FB_IMG_1630466210985.jpg

FB_IMG_1630466204664.jpg

The guy who responds in the below pic is who he referenced in the first video.

FB_IMG_1630466197767.jpg

Any reservists in here? I got out of the Navy in 2018, and am now looking to return for weekend duty. Every reservist I've ever known always says don't do it, but they never say why LOL

Any reservists in here? I got out of the Navy in 2018, and am now looking to return for weekend duty. Every reservist I've ever known always says don't do it, but they never say why LOL

My command supports reservists. What are your questions?

I guess I'm just looking for some general thoughts. Is there a deployment schedule? Opportunities to re-activate in the future?

Former ET2 if that matters.

I'm at HSC-85 in SD. We currently have a permanent detachment in Japan. The guys rotate every 6 months.

The FTS guys mainly deploy but we do have SELRES folks that will come on orders to deploy.

Yes there are opportunities to go back active.

I'm at HSC-85 in SD. We currently have a permanent detachment in Japan. The guys rotate every 6 months.

The FTS guys mainly deploy but we do have SELRES folks that will come on orders to deploy.

Yes there are opportunities to go back active.
Ok, thank you for the responses. I should be meeting with the Navy next week. I'll keep you posted on how it goes down. An extra check a month never hurt nobody.

It’s a shame what’s been going on onboard the Washington for the last year. Seven deaths in ONE year? Three suicides in ONE week? That’s outrageous.

MCPON should be relieved immediately for his comments of “lower your standards”.

It’s a shame what’s been going on onboard the Washington for the last year. Seven deaths in ONE year? Three suicides in ONE week? That’s outrageous.

MCPON should be relieved immediately for his comments of “lower your standards”.

The military as a whole needs a round turn.
So much going on. Smh my heart goes out to the parents of all those young sailors parents.

That MCPON was on his way out and of course he is under investigation for a toxic work place.

But we as a Navy have become a very REACTIVE force and not proactive.

Our dry dock availabilities haven't changed in years. They should have had proper housing for those Sailors.

If Sailors were sleeping in thier cars and upper chain of command knew...shame on them.

One of my Sailors had an housing issue and as soon as I caught wind of it, I marched right up to CMC's off and told her this Sailor needs housing right now...

And we made it happen.

7th fleet is a different animal but man....come on. Do better.

Back
Top Bottom