The Official Military Thread. Vol 1

more-veterans-day-2016-freebies-featured-image.jpg

Just PCS'ed to CVN 71 Theodore Roosevelt in San Diego. My first true "sailor" duty station. I used to think being stationed with the marines/green side was tough.... but this blue side sailor has it beat in terms of work :x
I give props to all who have been on ships.
My social life is about to be a wrap for the next 2.9 (retirement after :pimp:) years but I welcome the chance to actually be a sailor. Now I can finally tell people how the navy ships really are :lol:

Dang bruh first ship after 17 years. Ahhh man. Whats ya rate? Im down at southcom in Miami and im dredsing going back to a ship. Im needs of the Navy so where ever the detailer tells me im out. Im 15.5 yrs in myself.

Dang bruh first ship after 17 years. Ahhh man. Whats ya rate? Im down at southcom in Miami and im dredsing going back to a ship. Im needs of the Navy so where ever the detailer tells me im out. Im 15.5 yrs in myself.
Good ol HM :lol:
Ive deployed x 4's and been to OEF(PRT) and OIF (1/5 marines) but this whole ship life has me blown :lol:
Especially coming from back to back 5&6 year orders at BETHESDA and Balboa naval hospital.
17 yrs in and I'm cleaning toilets lol. I understand that everyone does there part on the ship so I understand.
I thought the marines in infantry get yelled at allot but the ship board guys are real close to the marines :lol:
I'm always hearing some one get chewed out through the P way :lol:
Yea ur getting close to getting out.
What's ur rate?

Last edited:
Man on that CVN you have too many juniors to do that lol. Prob cause your not used to it tho. Ship is a fun time when youre on it sometimes and you have a better quality of life than i had. Inwas on DDG's. I actually put in for deston21 in san d. Hope i get them. We shall see

Man on that CVN you have too many juniors to do that lol. Prob cause your not used to it tho. Ship is a fun time when youre on it sometimes and you have a better quality of life than i had. Inwas on DDG's. I actually put in for deston21 in san d. Hope i get them. We shall see
I thought there was gonna be a lot of juniors but we are first class heavy. Half the enlisted are first. But I have the mind set of getting to know everything about the job and ship so I will get my hands dirty for now.
DDG you have duty like every 3/4 days right? Being stationed in Dago is the best :pimp:

Got 15 years in done 2 carrier tours. Wouldn't trade them for anything. Stennis from 01 to 05 and Nimitz from 09 to 14. Hoping to hop back on another carrier once I wrap this year up in Bahrain. But if I make CWO I won't be going anywhere.

Probably nothing to do with what y'all discuss here. But some cat at work got arrested walking to his car.
apparently he had enlisted to go to boot camp and he never went. For reasons I don't know.
Just got word the gov forced him to quit his job and he's awaiting trial. Damn ***** no joke. I'm guessing they were looking for him for a while

Probably nothing to do with what y'all discuss here. But some cat at work got arrested walking to his car.
apparently he had enlisted to go to boot camp and he never went. For reasons I don't know.
Just got word the gov forced him to quit his job and he's awaiting trial. Damn ***** no joke. I'm guessing they were looking for him for a while

Yikes!

Got 15 years in done 2 carrier tours. Wouldn't trade them for anything. Stennis from 01 to 05 and Nimitz from 09 to 14. Hoping to hop back on another carrier once I wrap this year up in Bahrain. But if I make CWO I won't be going anywhere.

I'm in Bahrain too, but after I'm done where I'm at, I'll be at CRG-2.

Yikes!
Yep a guy I know from high school did the same. MPs rolled up to his house and friend's cribs looking for him. Dude(friend) told me he open the door to three humvees parked on his front lawn.

Back
Top Bottom