The Official Michael Jordan Thread??? Vol. 2020 ESPN Documentary

Don't be that guy.

He came back at the end of 94 season and got served by shaq and penny. Nearly taking two years off along with a top 50 player all time, arguably the greatest coach of all time, one of the best euro players at the time, and one of the greatest rebounders of all time and they were squeaking by a Utah Jazz team that had Stockton Malone and some dudes you dont care about. Sloan is a HOF coach but not in the realm of Jackson.

I dont hate jordan (a little because I was was a HUGE Pacers fan around that time) but he last 3 champions are overstated. Who knows if they get by the Sonics if George Karl let's GP guard Jordan for the whole series.
At the time they were the only franchise to win 3 in a row post-merger, and since MJ & Scottie left only one other franchise has done it, yet their last 3 were “overstated” :lol:

58AA11EF-7D80-4909-B235-293F3E588B75.jpeg
Y’all know why

I love Jordan and all but I'm going to keep it real, I honestly don't think the Bulls would be able to beat the Rockets in 94 and 95. That team didn't really have an answer to Hakeem at all. Missing the 94 and most of the 95 season was honestly a blessing in disguise for Jordan because he wouldn't have the "perfect" Finals record everybody has been talking about all these years. Add mental and physical fatigue in there, as well. Taking a nearly 2 year break from the game and coming back refreshed was a big part of the second 3-peat.

I love Jordan and all but I'm going to keep it real, I honestly don't think the Bulls would be able to beat the Rockets in 94 and 95. That team didn't really have an answer to Hakeem at all. Missing the 94 and most of the 95 season was honestly a blessing in disguise for Jordan because he wouldn't have the "perfect" Finals record everybody has been talking about all these years. Add mental and physical fatigue in there, as well. Taking a nearly 2 year break from the game and coming back refreshed was a big part of the second 3-peat.

We got cats out her talking about if jordan didn't retire at all the bulls would have one 10 straight.

Some of the stuff I hear is just ridiculous.

Na they would’ve washed Houston in no more than 6 games stop it.

Yeah but they never had to face jordan in the playoffs. Let the dream go nuts. Jordan and pippen would have made Kenny Smith and Robert horry almost non existent. Who else did they have Vernon maxwell? Rodmans shutting that down. Cmon fam.
I thought we're talking about the 94 and 95 Finals? Bulls didn't pick up Rodman until the 95 off-season.

Anyway, the point is Hakeem was all the Rockets needed. Put Jordan and Pippen on Kenny Smith and Robert Horry, cool. What's their answer when The Dream does what he wants in the post? When Jordan and Pippen come face to face with him and he's just blocking their shots left and right?

Ive always loved the Bulls/Rockets debate. Would have been wild in real life IMO.

Also... We’ve all said, “how would they have stopped Hakeem those 2 years?” but we rarely throw in “how would Houston have stopped prime Pippen and Jordan.”

My bad you’re right, no Rodman makes it An interesting series. But since we’re playing hypotheticals if Jordan didn’t retire in 93 he wouldn’t have missed a step. In any scenario I’m not betting against Jordan in the finals.

Ive always loved the Bulls/Rockets debate. Would have been wild in real life IMO.

Also... We’ve all said, “how would they have stopped Hakeem those 2 years?” but we rarely throw in “how would Houston have stopped prime Pippen and Jordan.”
That answer is easy - Hakeem. The Dream was also an excellent shot-blocker, as well.

Utah didn't "stop" jordan and pippen" and the bulls squeaked by them in 98. Hakeem would have been the best player michael had went against in his finals career (magic and Kareem were old and broken down back in 91). Add to that Houston had better shooters and were more athletic on the perimeter than Utah.

Houston wins atleast one of those titles if Jordan doesn't retire.

Don't be that guy.

He came back at the end of 94 season and got served by shaq and penny. Nearly taking two years off along with a top 50 player all time, arguably the greatest coach of all time, one of the best euro players at the time, and one of the greatest rebounders of all time and they were squeaking by a Utah Jazz team that had Stockton Malone and some dudes you dont care about. Sloan is a HOF coach but not in the realm of Jackson.

I dont hate jordan (a little because I was was a HUGE Pacers fan around that time) but he last 3 champions are overstated. Who knows if they get by the Sonics if George Karl let's GP guard Jordan for the whole series.

Some revisionist history going on....

According to you, when a team loses in 6 games as the Jazz did that means the Bulls squeaked by. But when the Bulls lost to the Magic in '95 in 6, the Bulls "got served". Which is it?

What I would call getting served, was what happened to a 60-win Magic team with Shaq and Penny in '96, when they got SWEPT. Those Utah teams won 64 and 62 games in '97 and '98. And they had home court in '98. Yeah they were awful.

And maybe if Jordan didn't have a bad back during the '96 playoffs he would've avg'd more than 27.3 during the Finals. Maybe if Rodman was there in '95, they don't lose to the Magic. Ask the Magic in '96 if losing their PF made a difference.

Last edited:
Utah didn't "stop" jordan and pippen" and the bulls squeaked by them in 98. Hakeem would have been the best player michael had went against in his finals career (magic and Kareem were old and broken down back in 91). Add to that Houston had better shooters and were more athletic on the perimeter than Utah.

Houston wins atleast one of those titles if Jordan doesn't retire.

Magic was 31 in 1991, yeah he was ANCIENT. Kareem retired in 1989 so I'm not sure what you're talking about there.

Watch some 1993-94 Bulls games, entire games, not clips. They were finely tuned running the triangle. They were a HUGE improvement over the 92-93 team. Gone were old Trent Tucker and Darrell Walker, fat Rodney McCray, replaced by Kerr and Kukoc who were huge upgrades, Pip was an MVP candidate, Horace and BJ were all-stars. They just lacked a legitimate second scorer, or in MJ's case, their first scorer. It's the most stacked team MJ never had, they're not losing that final.

Last edited:
Magic was 31 in 1991, yeah he was ANCIENT. Kareem retired in 1989 so I'm not sure what you're talking about there.

Watch some 1993-94 Bulls games, entire games, not clips. They were finely tuned running the triangle. They were a HUGE improvement over the 92-93 team. Gone were old Trent Tucker and Darrell Walker, fat Rodney McCray, replaced by Kerr and Kukoc who were huge upgrades, Pip was an MVP candidate, Horace and BJ were all-stars. They just lacked a legitimate second scorer, or in MJ's case, their first scorer. It's the most stacked team MJ never had, they're not losing that final.
You still have yet to tell us what the Bulls' answer to Hakeem would've been.

You still have yet to tell us what the Bulls' answer to Hakeem would've been.

Are we really acting like Hakeem and the Rockets were some all-time world beaters? Really? They never saw Seattle, it took them 7 games to beat the Suns, the Suns that had no answer for Hakeem with Oliver Miller, Joe Kleine and Mark West at center and yet it still went 7. That team with Hakeem won 58 games, the Bulls with Pippen sans MJ won 55 games, if MJ's on that stacked roster? You really don't think they'd do better than the Knicks (who also went 7 with Houston) and Suns? Unlike John Starks, MJ wouldn't crumble under the pressure.

Back
Top Bottom