The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

Going to schedule an appt. with Apple to look into my keyboard. I have to press hard on the down arrow in order for the key to be responsive.

Hopefully they just replace the entire keyboard.

ill try to keep this as short as possible...

i brought my 2017 touch bar 13in macbook pro in last monday because i felt that my battery was terrible and i was right, after having it only 6 months it was already being diagnosed to fail soon. They kept it and "sent it out" and said id receive a call in 3-5 days.

Its been a week and nothing, i checked the status online and since last wednesday it still says repair in progress. i called friday and all the guy on the phone told me that it was...still in progress.. had no additional info.
I called again just now, both the apple repair number, and the store i brought it to and they both gave me the run around about how its still being repaired but they have no additional information.

has anyone had this problem, how long did it take you to get your macbook back?

ill try to keep this as short as possible...

i brought my 2017 touch bar 13in macbook pro in last monday because i felt that my battery was terrible and i was right, after having it only 6 months it was already being diagnosed to fail soon. They kept it and "sent it out" and said id receive a call in 3-5 days.

Its been a week and nothing, i checked the status online and since last wednesday it still says repair in progress. i called friday and all the guy on the phone told me that it was...still in progress.. had no additional info.
I called again just now, both the apple repair number, and the store i brought it to and they both gave me the run around about how its still being repaired but they have no additional information.

has anyone had this problem, how long did it take you to get your macbook back?
Hmm that's interesting. The longest I had to wait for a repair was two weeks. That was due to a faulty HDD in my 27" iMac.

Apple Support wouldn't be able to provide too much information. Have you tried going to the store and asking about it?

Hmm that's interesting. The longest I had to wait for a repair was two weeks. That was due to a faulty HDD in my 27" iMac.

Apple Support wouldn't be able to provide too much information. Have you tried going to the store and asking about it?

yea i called them directly over the phone and they gave me the same BS

Hmm, if the store isn't too far from you, I recommend going there in person and speaking to them about it. Let's see if they give you the same BS.

3-5 day window and didn't give you a heads up that the wait could be longer? Yeah, that's something that they need to hear.

Hmm, if the store isn't too far from you, I recommend going there in person and speaking to them about it. Let's see if they give you the same BS.

3-5 day window and didn't give you a heads up that the wait could be longer? Yeah, that's something that they need to hear.

the best part is I've called like 4 different people and every phone call i explained that I KNOW its IN PROGRESS and I'm calling to see why it still is...

and every phone call they tell me that the repair is in progress.

the best part is I've called like 4 different people and every phone call i explained that I KNOW its IN PROGRESS and I'm calling to see why it still is...

and every phone call they tell me that the repair is in progress.
Was your issue ever resolved?

Has anyone taken advantage of the Apple's extended warranty on their newer keyboards from 2016 on?

My down arrow key needs to be pressed down hard, in order for my MBP to respond. Scheduled an appt for next Tuesday. Just curious if anyone has gone in to have the keyboard replaced or looked at?

Copped a 2018 13inch quad core today.

Keyboard definitely feels better. Keys feel more solid, a little more travel it feels like.

Much better than my 2017. My spacebar is sticky or feels like theres no travel when i press it. Still have to put the 2018 through its paces and see if I notice a difference with the quad-core

Was your issue ever resolved?

yes, i got my macbook pro back that thursday of the week after i sent it in.

it was a pretty bad experience they didn't do anything for me but my battery is superb now and I'm 99% sure they gave me the 2018 keyboard as a replacement.

not only is it noticeably quieter but i think my issue took so long because they were backlogged with keyboard replacements due to the recall.

because i spoke to 2 supervisors who put an immediate rush on my issue, thats how i got it back "quick" because the story was they were waiting on replacement parts, which could be why they potentially just gave me the 2018 keyboard.

yes, i got my macbook pro back that thursday of the week after i sent it in.

it was a pretty bad experience they didn't do anything for me but my battery is superb now and I'm 99% sure they gave me the 2018 keyboard as a replacement.

not only is it noticeably quieter but i think my issue took so long because they were backlogged with keyboard replacements due to the recall.

because i spoke to 2 supervisors who put an immediate rush on my issue, thats how i got it back "quick" because the story was they were waiting on replacement parts, which could be why they potentially just gave me the 2018 keyboard.
Possibly they waited for the 2018 keyboard parts? I see them from this point making all the replacements with the keyboards to have that 2018 style dust guard.

Possibly they waited for the 2018 keyboard parts? I see them from this point making all the replacements with the keyboards to have that 2018 style dust guard.

only reason i said all that was because when i read about the replacement program the word was that they were not giving the new keyboards

Copped a 2018 13inch quad core today.

Keyboard definitely feels better. Keys feel more solid, a little more travel it feels like.

Much better than my 2017. My spacebar is sticky or feels like theres no travel when i press it. Still have to put the 2018 through its paces and see if I notice a difference with the quad-core

Any issues w/ the speaker? Lots of ppl reported that they had static.

^crazy the last three post Avy's lol. CR7, Messi and Giroud

only reason i said all that was because when i read about the replacement program the word was that they were not giving the new keyboards
Good point. Glad you got the better version though if so.

Brought in my MBP on Monday to get the keyboard replaced because the down arrow wouldn't respond without pressing down hard.

Got the call it's ready to be picked up. Hopefully they just replaced the entire keyboard with an updated one. (doubt it)

Finally saw the iMac Pro in person. That thing is a beauty.

As convenient as Chrome is due to the Google eco-system, I dislike the fact that it's RAM hog.

Welp, my bluetooth officially went out on my Imac. Mouse & keyboard no longer function. I thought it might have been the Bluetooth module. Changed that out and nothing. Went on Ebay and bought the OG wired mac keyboard and mouse. What's weird is that the bluetooth issue kept causing my Bose speakers to keep cutting out. The speakers are connected via USB. So that makes no sense at all. Finally got the keyboard and mouse in today. Speakers didn't cut out once today.

how do you guys like the macbook air for school?

dont do any editing, just need a device for occasional web browsing, word, school etc.

Welp, my bluetooth officially went out on my Imac. Mouse & keyboard no longer function. I thought it might have been the Bluetooth module. Changed that out and nothing. Went on Ebay and bought the OG wired mac keyboard and mouse. What's weird is that the bluetooth issue kept causing my Bose speakers to keep cutting out. The speakers are connected via USB. So that makes no sense at all. Finally got the keyboard and mouse in today. Speakers didn't cut out once today.
What year is your iMac?

I ask, because I had an issue with my '08 iMac where my bluetooth keyboard and magic mouse would lose connection to the iMac while I watched a movie. I had to end up restarting by holding down the power button. I ended up getting a wired keyboard and Logitech USB mouse and that stopped the issue.

how do you guys like the macbook air for school?

dont do any editing, just need a device for occasional web browsing, word, school etc.
I had a Macbook Air when I was in school and it satisfied my needs. I would check and compare the specs of the Air and the Macbook and see what works best for you.

Back
Top Bottom