The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

Did they make any 15 inch Pros without the touchbar? Don’t need that at all, but I like the specs of them.
Unfortunately, the new 15" models all come with Touchbar.

Although, Apple still sells the 2015 model with all the ports.

Just finished doing all of that and I think I messed up by trying to install the newest iOS. While trying to install it says installation can not be completed and whenever I restart it I get the spinning globe for about 5 mins then says applesupport.com. Thanks though STICK

Just finished doing all of that and I think I messed up by trying to install the newest iOS. While trying to install it says installation can not be completed and whenever I restart it I get the spinning globe for about 5 mins then says applesupport.com. Thanks though STICK
In that same recovery menu where you tried to reinstall the OS, try using the Disk Utility to check for errors.

Need suggestions.

I’m looking to buy a new iMac.

I’ve had 3 MacBooks already and don’t really want another MacBook. Anyways,

Magic Mouse 2 or Magic Trackpad 2?

I’m mainly using my iMac just to look at pictures. Edit videos (lightweight), watch pron.

Bonus question.

21.5 or 27.5inch?

I was looking at the 21.5 cause it seems more practical, but the 27.5 is nice.

I went crazy trying to decide on this about 6 months ago

Went with a maxed out 21 inch instead of the 27

Don't regret it at all. 27 would have been unnecessary for light video editing, podcast editing and browsing the web

I stream netflix in 4k on my tv, so screen real estate wasn't a concern for me

Anyone here use Outlook for Mac?

Currently using Spark which is really good. But since I have Outlook, I was thinking of maybe utilizing it.

Dissapointed in the MBP update.

Really not a fan of the touchbar and the new keyboards.

Dissapointed in the MBP update.

Really not a fan of the touchbar and the new keyboards.
Them purposely not updating the non-touchbar 13-in should tell us all we need to know about Apples strategy. Really whack they feel the need to push useless features like the touch bar to get better specs. :smh:

Was actually kinda amped to hear they were doing a Macbook pro with an i9 and 32g ram, up to 4tb ssd, but sucks with the cpu throttling issue.

Was actually kinda amped to hear they were doing a Macbook pro with an i9 and 32g ram, up to 4tb ssd, but sucks with the cpu throttling issue.

I havent heard about it. Throttles the i9? Any other model being throttled?

Nah haven't heard other models, just the macbook pro. It doesn't disperse heat well so it throttles performance down to prevent overheating down to even less than stock, so it's benchmarking worse than a 2016 i7 model.

Wow, that sucks.

IMO, I really think Apple should reconsider re-designing the MBP again. All that power that can't be utilized due to the risk of overheating? Not good.

Nah haven't heard other models, just the macbook pro. It doesn't disperse heat well so it throttles performance down to prevent overheating down to even less than stock, so it's benchmarking worse than a 2016 i7 model.
Wow, that sucks.

IMO, I really think Apple should reconsider re-designing the MBP again. All that power that can't be utilized due to the risk of overheating? Not good.

Yeah I read up on that. Very interesting. I saw where disabling 2 of the 6 cores on the i9 yielded a faster result in exporting from Final Cut Studio. So 4 cores were faster than the 6 by roughly 18 seconds. Kind of makes me wonder why you would want 6 cores. I cant think of when you would actually use them that much especially if they will be throttled back. Interestingly enough both are faster than the iMac Pro.

https://9to5mac.com/2018/07/18/how-macbook-pro-throttles-with-final-cut-pro-x/

Last edited:
Wow, that sucks.

I think they are, I don't know if it's confirmed or not, but there was a leaked product roadmap a while back. They're gonna bring back MagSafe in a few years.

Back
Top Bottom