The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

i like firefox...... check out the newest beta..... it works with the multitouch pinch to zoom

i like safari better, less of a resource hog. firefox takes an eternity to load for me for some reason. and i like not seeing all that extra crap in the replybox when im on NT.

Originally Posted by wanksta23

Originally Posted by jmedora

Can someone that's using CandyBar or another program PM me?
i really suggest you guys play with it for awhile first...i was the same and it just took a few mins to get the hang of it
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

mad.gif
@ this stupid click/ping noise my MBP keeps making whenever I move it. I don't even think Apple can do anything for me because I don't have a boxor a receipt
frown.gif

Originally Posted by N3FF 3000

mad.gif
@ this stupid click/ping noise my MBP keeps making whenever I move it. I don't even think Apple can do anything for me because I don't have a box or a receipt
frown.gif

You don't need one. If you bought it from a retailer or Apple and it's less then a year since purchase you should be under their limited warranty.

All they'll need is the serial number. At least, that is what happened to me before I bought Apple Care. You should call and make sure though.

Word? I just bought it about 2 weeks ago online from Best Buy...Im assuming the serial number is somewhere on the laptop itself. I guess I'll shoot up toApple 2moro, thanks for that info!

Word? I just bought it about 2 weeks ago online from Best Buy...Im assuming the serial number is somewhere on the laptop itself. I guess I'll shoot up to Apple 2moro, thanks for that info!

click the apple in the top left corner.... then click about, then more info...

Originally Posted by CWrite78

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

drag the icon into your applications folder. after that, just delete the dmg file and w/e other files you wont need. since the app is in the app folder you wont need the rest. your problemw as that you were booting the app from the installer and not from your computer.

so basically, when you open the .dmg file, once you see your icon/folder drag.. open finder and drag the app icon into the applications folder and it'll copy/install the app into the computer. after that, u can delete the .dmg as i stated before.
When I drag that rectangular like Icon (has a small cd insert on the icon) with the application name into the "Applications" section it creates a shortcut.
frown.gif

okay let me get this straight. you download a .dmg file, you open it and you get a folder with an icon right? or is it something else? because if it's what im saying, all you have to do is grab the icon from that folder and drag it onto your applications folder and it should copy it. if that doesn't work, and if you're running leopard, we can do a screen share and you can show me what you mean
Get @ me on AIM: dipsettdot

Alright, I'm in a very frustrating situation. I just purchased a new MBP not even 2 weeks ago and every time I move the thing it clicks...I get off thephone with Apple basically accomplishing nothing. Rep tells me, "Oh you shouldn't be moving the laptop while its on". Muh @$%#@! is a LAPTOP! Andbesides my old MBP made 0 noise in the 2-3 years I had it. All this guy did was give me a case number and told me to call back if the problem doesn't goaway...I guess Mac's are so high tech they fix themselves? I don't know how they handle things like this but theirs no way I'm sending in a machinethat costed me 3 stacks in for a repair thats not even a month old. I want a new MBP shipped to my +!+%@!+ doorstep pronto. Yes, I'm mad
laugh.gif

Finally sold my macbook to some @!!#%$$%! from CL yesterday. Dude tried offering me $800 for it when he knew it was $900. I was ready to spit on dude foralmost making me a trip for nothing but then offered me $850 and then finally gave in for 9. Dum $*% dont know I paid $700 for it 2 weeks ago.
pimp.gif

Anyone selling Apple gift cards? Im willing to pay 80% of the value. Lookin for $2000 worth...PM me.

Alright, I'm in a very frustrating situation. I just purchased a new MBP not even 2 weeks ago and every time I move the thing it clicks...I get off the phone with Apple basically accomplishing nothing. Rep tells me, "Oh you shouldn't be moving the laptop while its on". Muh %$%$%% is a LAPTOP! And besides my old MBP made 0 noise in the 2-3 years I had it. All this guy did was give me a case number and told me to call back if the problem doesn't go away...I guess Mac's are so high tech they fix themselves? I don't know how they handle things like this but theirs no way I'm sending in a machine that costed me 3 stacks in for a repair thats not even a month old. I want a new MBP shipped to my +$!!+*% doorstep pronto. Yes, I'm mad
laugh.gif

4a5154e591a025e8d459ac9f8f7e07a0dccbad6.gif

is there a nearby apple store you can take it to? Genius Bar techs are pretty lenient with repairs and replacements and stuff

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

Alright, I'm in a very frustrating situation. I just purchased a new MBP not even 2 weeks ago and every time I move the thing it clicks...I get off the phone with Apple basically accomplishing nothing. Rep tells me, "Oh you shouldn't be moving the laptop while its on". Muh %$%$%% is a LAPTOP! And besides my old MBP made 0 noise in the 2-3 years I had it. All this guy did was give me a case number and told me to call back if the problem doesn't go away...I guess Mac's are so high tech they fix themselves? I don't know how they handle things like this but theirs no way I'm sending in a machine that costed me 3 stacks in for a repair thats not even a month old. I want a new MBP shipped to my +$!!+*% doorstep pronto. Yes, I'm mad
laugh.gif

is there a nearby apple store you can take it to? Genius Bar techs are pretty lenient with repairs and replacements and stuff

Yeh right down the road actually but I have a feeling I'm just going to get BS'ed, or even worse, the thing wont make so much as a peep while I'msitting at the Genius Bar. Which will make me look like an absolute fool. "Hi genius, my laptop is clicking"............"I don't hearanything young man....."...............".......oh ok"..........

laugh.gif

Yeh right down the road actually but I have a feeling I'm just going to get BS'ed, or even worse, the thing wont make so much as a peep while I'm sitting at the Genius Bar. Which will make me look like an absolute fool. "Hi genius, my laptop is clicking"............"I don't hear anything young man....."...............".......oh ok"..........

laugh.gif

Yo neff, holla at the people over at forums.macrumors.com

they are pretty helpful and im sure somebody could help you.

Originally Posted by Da Doc03

laugh.gif

Yeh right down the road actually but I have a feeling I'm just going to get BS'ed, or even worse, the thing wont make so much as a peep while I'm sitting at the Genius Bar. Which will make me look like an absolute fool. "Hi genius, my laptop is clicking"............"I don't hear anything young man....."...............".......oh ok"..........

laugh.gif

Yo neff, holla at the people over at forums.macrumors.com

they are pretty helpful and im sure somebody could help you.

Yeh, I'm about to do that now. I had an appointment with a Genius at 7 but this weather is TERRIBLE right now and I don't feel like getting into a caraccident all because of my clicking laptop
laugh.gif

UPDIZZLE:
That stupid clicking noise was "SMS", the Mac nerds over at Mac Rumors gave me the inside info. Anyway I disabled SMS and to my surprise my laptophasn't made any odd noises, FTW. DaDoc, thank you once again for directing me to that site.

UPDIZZLE:
That stupid clicking noise was "SMS", the Mac nerds over at Mac Rumors gave me the inside info. Anyway I disabled SMS and to my surprise my laptop hasn't made any odd noises, FTW. DaDoc, thank you once again for directing me to that site.

not a problem homie.... glad u got it working.....

i never bother going to the genius bar. i rather send it in, have them replace w/e the have to and be done with it. some of those geniuses are idiots.

i never bother going to the genius bar. i rather send it in, have them replace w/e the have to and be done with it. some of those geniuses are idiots.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
so true

Back
Top Bottom