The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

so i just got my 15 inch. its not a retina since i need a drive its the 2011 with the i7 and matte screen

i wanna put my 13 inch hard drive which is a 750gb and 7200 rpm in my new laptop.

how would i do this?

Take the bottom off

:stoneface:

ino lol im asking if i need to do anything software wise? if i just pop in the 13 inch drive into the 15 will it just start up fine and start working or do i need to wipe the 13 inch drive and then reinstall the os when i put it in the 15?

Pop that thang in and partition that bad boy

Last edited:
Needing Some SERIOUS Help From All You Mac Wizards On Here!

I've Gotten To The Point That My MacBook Continuously Gives Me Error Codes Stating "Your Startup Disk Is Almost Full" And Frequent Beach Balls During Use. I've Also Noticed More And More That My Computer Will Put Programs Or Applications On "Pause" Asking Me To Choose From A List Of Active Items Which Programs Or Apps To Force Quit.

As For Storage, Pictures And Music Are Really The Only Item's I Store On Here. I Don't Have Any Large Programs Like Photoshop Or Anything Installed On Here Either.

I'm Hoping You All Might Be Able To Walk Me Thru Troubleshooting The Source Of All This Memory Being Used, And Guide Me In The Direction Of Starting To Cleanup My Startup Disk And Getting This Computer Back To Running As It Should!

*side thought*
I Have A File On My Computer Labeled As "CD's" Under The Music File That Comes Stock On These Computers..... I've Been Wondering, When I Download Or Copy A CD To My Computer And Then Import To Itunes, Is My Computer Saving Duplicates Of These Files, Both In My "CD's" Folder I Drag Them To, And Then Again In This "iTunes" Folder I Am Seeing Inside My Stock Music Folder? If So, This Could Be A BIG Source Of My Storage Space Problems :nerd:

Needing Some SERIOUS Help From All You Mac Wizards On Here!
I've Gotten To The Point That My MacBook Continuously Gives Me Error Codes Stating "Your Startup Disk Is Almost Full" And Frequent Beach Balls During Use. I've Also Noticed More And More That My Computer Will Put Programs Or Applications On "Pause" Asking Me To Choose From A List Of Active Items Which Programs Or Apps To Force Quit.
As For Storage, Pictures And Music Are Really The Only Item's I Store On Here. I Don't Have Any Large Programs Like Photoshop Or Anything Installed On Here Either.
I'm Hoping You All Might Be Able To Walk Me Thru Troubleshooting The Source Of All This Memory Being Used, And Guide Me In The Direction Of Starting To Cleanup My Startup Disk And Getting This Computer Back To Running As It Should!
*side thought*
I Have A File On My Computer Labeled As "CD's" Under The Music File That Comes Stock On These Computers..... I've Been Wondering, When I Download Or Copy A CD To My Computer And Then Import To Itunes, Is My Computer Saving Duplicates Of These Files, Both In My "CD's" Folder I Drag Them To, And Then Again In This "iTunes" Folder I Am Seeing Inside My Stock Music Folder? If So, This Could Be A BIG Source Of My Storage Space Problems :nerd:

Anyone On Here That Can Help A Brotha Out With This?

This Ol' Girl Needs A Face Lift ASAP!!

Are you using up all of your hard drive space? I believe that's happened to me a few times because I had barely any free space on my hard drive..

Seems To Me Like The "CD's" And "iTunes" Folders Are Holding Duplicate Data And Taking Up The Majority Of My Drive Space......

I'm Going To Experiment Right Now And Delete An Album From My "CD's Folder..... Then I'm Going To Try Playing Tracks Off That Album In iTunes To See If The Program Still Recognizes These Files. If So, That Should Mean That I Have Duplicate Copies Of Most Albums Saved On My Hard Drive And Thus Taking Up An Extra 40Gigs Or So Of Space :nerd:

so last year there were some ok deals for macs on black friday...any idea what's popping this year?

27 in iMac vs 27 in LED montior + Mac Mini for school?

Would be just surfing the web, music, Office, and running windows on a VM for some programming.

Agree with the pc comment above and maybe an iPad with the price difference

But between the 2, I'd go with an iMac

For those waiting on black friday, last years sale was $100 off computers and $50 off iPads

Anyone On Here That Can Help A Brotha Out With This?
This Ol' Girl Needs A Face Lift ASAP!!

What OS are you running?

Best way to clean everything out would be to move all your important stuff to an external hd then format your computers hd and do a fresh install.

Guys, for those of you that use PS, Indesign, Final cut pro etc on your laptop, is the 8GB of ram enough? I recently ordered a MacBook Pro retina with 2.6 Ghz, 8GB RAM and 256 HD, but have been told that it may not be enough to keep up with those programs. I use to edit on my old MBP that had 4 GB, and I felt that was fine. Should I just spend the extra 150 and bump up to 16 GB? Thanks for the recs in advance.

Whats the max the Mid 2011 imacs take? Apple says 16gb but each slot can actually read 8gb and I know the new joints can ready 32gb just want confirmation.

I had my macbook pro stolen early this year and am looking to replace it. I just can't decide between the 15in mbp or the 13in mbp w/ retina display.

A few questions:

Does the retina display not have that glossy screen? I hate seeing all the reflections on the screen.

Is it better to order it online so one can choose what all he wants on his mbp? Or is it just as easy to go to best buy and get it there? 8)

After the new iMacs start shipping out will there be a way to get the old ones for a significantly cheaper price?

Anyone here own a mid-2011 Macbook Air?

I've had this Macbook for over a year.

Only thing I hate is how hot this thing gets. If I even try to watch Netflix the fans will reach up to 4000 RPM within 10 minutes, 6000+ shortly after.

I've actually had this problem since I first got it.

Last edited:
I was in Best Buy yesterday and saw the 11 inch Macbook Air, that thing is beautiful. My Blackbook of 4-5 years is still going strong, it just needs a new battery. All these new netbooks and slim laptops makes me want to ditch it though and get something more portable.

Last edited:
I had my macbook pro stolen early this year and am looking to replace it. I just can't decide between the 15in mbp or the 13in mbp w/ retina display.
A few questions:
Does the retina display not have that glossy screen? I hate seeing all the reflections on the screen.
Is it better to order it online so one can choose what all he wants on his mbp? Or is it just as easy to go to best buy and get it there? 8)
I just got the 13" with Retina display. My wife has a 15" regular MBP. For portability its a no brainer. She hates using her's now since she's played with mine. Mine is quicker as well as far as opening apps and things like that. Screen size, I don't feel like I lost anything coming from a 15" Vaio and her 15" Pro because the screen is so CLEAR. I'm fairly new to the MBP family so I'm still learning but from what I can see the Retina display MBP are BEASTS.

It does have a glossy screen. I've only used it in the house so I haven't been distracted by reflections. Mine was a business purchase so I did everything online through Apple. I got the 256GB 13" so I didn't add anything to it. Hope that helps

- Preciate it.

Anyone have any recommendations for dock icon customizations and special docks? i hear about candybar and all that but it's still kinda hard to find dope icons. I know there was a page on Deviant art but can't find the link. Any help would be appreciated!

Loving my 13 inch. Air btw 
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom