The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

Originally Posted by iLike Turtles

looking to get a Macbook soon. where's the best place to buy them from (if it matters)? I heard sometimes Best Buy has deals where you can get a free iPod or somethin when you purchase a Mac. is this true?
That sounds just like Apple "Back-to-school" promotion. IMO, I'd personally make an Apple purchase at an Apple store.

The program should be starting back up real soon. Possible sometime next month.

Originally Posted by AusZero

Originally Posted by bakedFresh707

thanks for the info guys, i might just get the "Airport Extreme" on payday hahaha.

I forgot to add that i am using "Comcast" for internet and have their old Modem. does that have any effect on connection and signals?

Im cisco certified and wouldnt trade my airport extreme for any cisco or linksys router.  The price is steep but for the speed and more importantly the reliability is well worth it.  As for your modem Comcast has a tiered data speed pricing plan so whatever your paying for is what youre going to get, however it wont slow down speeds within the network.
They need to pull your certification. E2000 or E3000> Apple Airport.

Originally Posted by UnbornSeed

thanks for the info guys, i might just get the "Airport Extreme" on payday hahaha.

I forgot to add that i am using "Comcast" for internet and have their old Modem. does that have any effect on connection and signals?

Im cisco certified and wouldnt trade my airport extreme for any cisco or linksys router.  The price is steep but for the speed and more importantly the reliability is well worth it.  As for your modem Comcast has a tiered data speed pricing plan so whatever your paying for is what youre going to get, however it wont slow down speeds within the network.

lol wut? youre talking about a router thats in the same price range with inferior NAS support not to mention no printing capabilities.  

looking to get a Macbook soon. where's the best place to buy them from (if it matters)? I heard sometimes Best Buy has deals where you can get a free iPod or somethin when you purchase a Mac. is this true?

Macbooks are the same price every where the only time Best Buy might come in handy is if you don't have the $$ and you finance the purchase it's usually 18 months interest free

I would recommend the JiTouch extension/app, it is worth the money. adds more gestures to your trackpad.

Originally Posted by UnbornSeed

lol wut? youre talking about a router thats in the same price range with inferior NAS support not to mention no printing capabilities.  
refurb and new can be bought for 40-70 respectively. Flash at will. I've yet to reboot my e2000 once and I've had it for a year. Apple peripherals suck. FIN.

http://www.reedcorner.net/news.php/?p=138
http://www.reedcorner.net/news.php/?p=138Was I the only one who had problems with this last week.
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by QueenCitySneakerQueen

Macbooks are the same price every where the only time Best Buy might come in handy is if you don't have the $$ and you finance the purchase it's usually 18 months interest free
Amazon.com is usually $100 cheaper with no tax and free shipping I know the 15" is $1709 right now. Also if you have a Microcenter close by check them out they have the 13" I5 brand new $1082 out the door. I didn't price the 15".

You can get a refurbished one from Apple for $50 cheaper

I was playing around with some themes and somehow the black arrows/pictures are not showing up anymore on my menu buttons.
screenshot20110529at827.png

Anyone know how to fix this?

My MacBook pros's hdd just crashed out of nowhere. Only 9 months old SMH, back up your stuff! Plus I won't be anywhere near an apple store until August. Let's see if an iPad can get me through school.

Originally Posted by 23MichaelJordan45

Apple should have their Buy a Mac, Get an iPod deal coming up here in a few weeks for HS graduation. 
I'm lookin to get a mac in the next two months. Been waiting to see if they'll do the get an ipod free deal but I don't think it's gonna happen.

Originally Posted by Gmills23

I was playing around with some themes and somehow the black arrows/pictures are not showing up anymore on my menu buttons.
screenshot20110529at827.png

Anyone know how to fix this?
looks like you need to uninstall all those themes and repair your permissions

Originally Posted by yanky

Originally Posted by 23MichaelJordan45

Apple should have their Buy a Mac, Get an iPod deal coming up here in a few weeks for HS graduation. 
I'm lookin to get a mac in the next two months. Been waiting to see if they'll do the get an ipod free deal but I don't think it's gonna happen.
the promo for the free ipods should start within the next 30 days. rumor has it that iPads will be included as well

Bros, I'm considering upgrading my laptop, it is a ThinkPad and was the goods back in 2005. I'm thinking about getting the new Macbook Pro 13" or another Windows based laptop.

I'm going to grad school next year and will primarily use it for Microsoft Office programs like Excel, PPT, and Word, possibly photoshop, iTunes, and also surfing the internet. I've never had a Mac, but my primary concerns are speed and efficiency, no viruses or freezing up, and having an extremely long battery life. Would it be worth the extra money to get the MBP over a cheaper alternative? If so, which MBP would be the best option, the i5 or i7?

Originally Posted by Juicy J 32

Bros, I'm considering upgrading my laptop, it is a ThinkPad and was the goods back in 2005. I'm thinking about getting the new Macbook Pro 13" or another Windows based laptop.

I'm going to grad school next year and will primarily use it for Microsoft Office programs like Excel, PPT, and Word, possibly photoshop, iTunes, and also surfing the internet. I've never had a Mac, but my primary concerns are speed and efficiency, no viruses or freezing up, and having an extremely long battery life. Would it be worth the extra money to get the MBP over a cheaper alternative? If so, which MBP would be the best option, the i5 or i7?
honestly it doesnt even sound like you need it. It's more of a want. Macs arent free of any problems and they dont run any better than comparable windows based PCs. However if you do want one, you should save your money and opt for the 13" MBP. You wont even get any use out of the higher end processors for those basics. Battery life on paper is good, but dont expect that in application.

Haha, you could be kinda right. A few of my friends have picked up Macs recently and they seem pretty reliable. I'm just clueless as to what the other options are that fit my needs.

I have a question guys. I have an external HD that has all my movies, music and pictures. My question is that how do I play all the music files that are on my external with iTunes thats on my macbook? I am aware that I must have the external plugged in at all times to play. I've looked at some youtube videos but they lost me with the moving of the itunes library folder.

Originally Posted by Icecixz

I have a question guys. I have an external HD that has all my movies, music and pictures. My question is that how do I play all the music files that are on my external with iTunes thats on my macbook? I am aware that I must have the external plugged in at all times to play. I've looked at some youtube videos but they lost me with the moving of the itunes library folder.

Use frontrow, plex, and or even boxee.

Help me out bros, had a macbook pro 13 inch 2010 for about a good 3 months now

and i still havent put all my music from my iphone 4 to my mac ive looked every where but no good results

how can i do that properly?? ive tried Senuti and it didnt copy everything i ned something that will copy ALL 930+ songs with all the information from from my old
itunes library from my PC

Thanks in advance!

Originally Posted by ggarvinXX3

Help me out bros, had a macbook pro 13 inch 2010 for about a good 3 months now

and i still havent put all my music from my iphone 4 to my mac ive looked every where but no good results

how can i do that properly?? ive tried Senuti and it didnt copy everything i ned something that will copy ALL 930+ songs with all the information from from my old
itunes library from my PC

Thanks in advance!
http://www.headlightsoft.com/detune/

Originally Posted by AirMaxBuckeye

Has anyone had any problems with iTunes skipping (like a cd) on their MBP? That's what I'm dealing with right now.

how much RAM does your system have?

i think im going to buy my bosses mac book its the 13in and it has snow leopard on it. she wants $300 good price? can i update it to to have it run the newest system?

Originally Posted by Pasadena TX

i think im going to buy my bosses mac book its the 13in and it has snow leopard on it. she wants $300 good price? can i update it to to have it run the newest system?
Which model Macbook is it?

Back
Top Bottom