The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

Originally Posted by Icecixz

Originally Posted by 23MichaelJordan45

Originally Posted by Icecixz

Im getting a 40GB Intel SSD. Is that enough space to install the OS? I plan on getting an external hard drive for most of my stuff.
Yeah, that should be plenty. I have a 64gb SSD and I'm doing fine. You will be left with probably 25-30gb maybe, if my memory serves me correct.
Thanks for your help. I have one more question. I have a 2011 MBP 13, will the 510 SSD work?
I do not know what you mean by 510, it should just be a 2.5" SSD.

Originally Posted by AlexGod

How do you guys hook up your xbox via Ethernet to your macbook pro to use it as a "wireless adapter" ???
currently i have 100% strength to my wireless network on my macbook and then my xbox is connected to my macbook with ethernet. i cant seem to get the right settings.
ohwell.gif

im looking at guides but they all show the old xbox dashboard and those settings dont work...
it's called internet sharing. The steps aren't anything too difficult but browse youtube for vids on how to get it to work. It requires you to change a few settings in your xbox's network preferences

This is my desktop.. I've had my MBP for like a month.. I'm still tryin to figure it out... any suggestions on a new dock??

Thegoat121866
laugh.gif
it is a shame I know your screenname without looking and I know this is the Mac thread but do you know off hand if I would need a virtual desktop if I had an Android tablet or windows tablet apologies for any typos I'm on my phone this Windows phone keyboard is
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by QueenCitySneakerQueen

Thegoat121866
laugh.gif
it is a shame I know your screenname without looking and I know this is the Mac thread but do you know off hand if I would need a virtual desktop if I had an Android tablet or windows tablet apologies for any typos I'm on my phone this Windows phone keyboard is
30t6p3b.gif
i don't know about wndows tablets but i know that android doesnt support java natively either. whether there is a workaround for this in the marketplace is beyond my knowledge, but i'd imagine that you'd need some sort of virtual desktop or a remotely streamed desktop browser to make that work as well. People in the Android and windows mobile threads would know more than i do though. Splashtop would be my recommendation for iPad though. I think it has port fowarding that allows you to use it outside of your local network now that i think about it. SO you could leave your macbook at home and access it via that app on your ipad in class

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

Originally Posted by QueenCitySneakerQueen

Thegoat121866
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
i don't know about wndows tablets but i know that android doesnt support java natively either. whether there is a workaround for this in the marketplace is beyond my knowledge, but i'd imagine that you'd need some sort of virtual desktop or a remotely streamed desktop browser to make that work as well. People in the Android and windows mobile threads would know more than i do though. Splashtop would be my recommendation for iPad though. I think it has port fowarding that allows you to use it outside of your local network now that i think about it. SO you could leave your macbook at home and access it via that app on your ipad in class

Thank you I'll give Splashtop a shot otherwise I'll just cop an Air

Originally Posted by November33rd

Originally Posted by Fear The Ibis

Anybody know how to install a cover sutra skin?
download the skin, install it and the app's normal preferences should be overwritten automatically. After that a simple restart of the application should make your skin show up. Cover Sutra isn't open-sourced and doesn't officially support skins though. Bowtie is better for customization and has a deeper community dedicated to that

Ok so basicaly I CANNOT remove songs from my iTunes. Right click and there's no sign of move to trash option

HELP?!

Is anyone installing an anti-virus program to protect themselves fro
The rise of malware attacks?

Originally Posted by JRAdagreat72

Ok so basicaly I CANNOT remove songs from my iTunes. Right click and there's no sign of move to trash option

HELP?!
Delete songs from your library. You can't move songs to the trash from playlists. Thats probably your issue

is anbody using the "Airport" router by Apple on here or is there a better router for a better price?

my old router is basically powering a Macbook Pro, Dell laptop, and a xbox 360

im also looking into the "Linksys E3000," any suggestions?

Originally Posted by bakedFresh707

is anbody using the "Airport" router by Apple on here or is there a better router for a better price?

i have an airport. It doesnt do anything any other router can't do for cheaper. When it comes to networking, i avoid Linksys like the plague. D-Link DIR-655 is a pretty good/relatively inexpensive model. Since you're in the market for something new you should get a N router with dual band gigabit capabilities 

We use the Airport Extreme in my house. 
Works perfectly. Got multiple MacBooks, iMacs, iPads, iPhones, wireless printers, Xbox 360, and everything works flawlessly. 

We used to have a Linksys and it gave us so many problems. We recently switched over to Cable internet within the past year so that may be adding to our success as well. 

thanks for the info guys, i might just get the "Airport Extreme" on payday hahaha.

I forgot to add that i am using "Comcast" for internet and have their old Modem. does that have any effect on connection and signals?

how do you transfer your ipod music to your mac?
i downloaded Senuti but it only allows 1000 songs to be transfered 
ohwell.gif

looking to get a Macbook soon. where's the best place to buy them from (if it matters)? I heard sometimes Best Buy has deals where you can get a free iPod or somethin when you purchase a Mac. is this true?

Originally Posted by iLike Turtles

looking to get a Macbook soon. where's the best place to buy them from (if it matters)? I heard sometimes Best Buy has deals where you can get a free iPod or somethin when you purchase a Mac. is this true?
Apple should have their Buy a Mac, Get an iPod deal coming up here in a few weeks for HS graduation. 

thanks for the info guys, i might just get the "Airport Extreme" on payday hahaha.

I forgot to add that i am using "Comcast" for internet and have their old Modem. does that have any effect on connection and signals?

Im cisco certified and wouldnt trade my airport extreme for any cisco or linksys router.  The price is steep but for the speed and more importantly the reliability is well worth it.  As for your modem Comcast has a tiered data speed pricing plan so whatever your paying for is what youre going to get, however it wont slow down speeds within the network.

Don't waste money on an apple router.

I have a $40 Netgear router that I got from Walmart 3 years ago and it works flawlessly. Got Wiis, Xbox 360s, netbooks, my macbook, a PC, ipad, iphone, ipod, etc all hooked up to it and never had a single issue.

Back
Top Bottom