The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

updated a lil bit. check some new icons and my iphone 2.2.1 setup. i included a download for those asking about the black glossy drawers, and ive included somecool icons in the zip also. peace

heres the download link: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?zimmwjkjyqomac.zip

dgo238.png

245ehlf.jpg

Anybody know offhand of sites where I can get Microsoft Office for Mac (FOR CHEAP) - Full Version? I'm not trying to pay more than $90,and I'm ok with versions (year) 2006-2008.

And before anybody sez it, yes, I am googling for it (and checking ebay) right now.

Originally Posted by jimmybeanz

Anybody know offhand of sites where I can get Microsoft Office for Mac (FOR CHEAP) - Full Version? I'm not trying to pay more than $90, and I'm ok with versions (year) 2006-2008.

And before anybody sez it, yes, I am googling for it (and checking ebay) right now.
Anybody?

do you need microsoft office? there is a program for mac called open office and I use it, and I think it works just as good as ms office. it has excel, wordand powerpoint

Originally Posted by Numberr97

do you need microsoft office? there is a program for mac called open office and I use it, and I think it works just as good as ms office. it has excel, word and powerpoint

I use iWork and it works just fine for me.

Originally Posted by Numberr97

do you need microsoft office? there is a program for mac called open office and I use it, and I think it works just as good as ms office. it has excel, word and powerpoint
i've heard about open office and i actually have neo office (although i haven't used it). i'm curious about whether they play welltogether though. if i create, say a word doc on my computer in open or neo, what happens if i email it to someone who works on a pc (and as such, only has msword)? would they get it in rich text format? wouldn't i lose the fonts, formatting etc?

that's why i was thinking it would be better to have ms office. school me.

I just bought my first macbook pro today and I am so lost. I don't know where to begin, here are some basic questions i have:

1. How do I right click (or get the "right click" options to show without going to the toolbar ever time?
2. How do get my windows to maximize to full screen, right now I can't cover my dock tool bar?
3. People tell me that macs can/do not get viruses but when I was in the apple store I saw Norton for sale.

That's all for right now I have some homework I need to do.

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

I have a 120G HD but it says it I have 38 gigs left even though most of my downloads only take up 30 gigs. Any input?

i freed up around 6GB just getting rid of language packages i dont use. deleted a bunch of apps i'll never use (garage band, idvd, etc)

Originally Posted by RedMan

I just bought my first macbook pro today and I am so lost. I don't know where to begin, here are some basic questions i have:

1. How do I right click (or get the "right click" options to show without going to the toolbar ever time?
2. How do get my windows to maximize to full screen, right now I can't cover my dock tool bar?
3. People tell me that macs can/do not get viruses but when I was in the apple store I saw Norton for sale.

That's all for right now I have some homework I need to do.
1. Use to fingers and tap the trackpad. It should pop up automatically, unless you have it unselected.
2. You can only cover the entire screen if you have your dock hidden. Preferences > Dock Settings.
3. I've had my macbook since 2007. I have never gotten any viruses.

Apple.com has tons of tutorials along with the manual it came with.

get a dell mini 9 or mini 10v and hackintosh it. macbook air is a waste IMO, well, not at that price i'd never purchase it.

anyone like to expand on why i should get the dell 9 over the macbook air without saying its just garbage.

Originally Posted by ourtran

anyone like to expand on why i should get the dell 9 over the macbook air without saying its just garbage.
If I were you I'd just pay $200 more and get one of the 13" MBP's they just launched.

what about a refurbished 13 macbook 2.0ghz for 749? i need something portable but i really dont like the net books.

Originally Posted by JND1

Originally Posted by ourtran

If I were you I'd just pay $200 more and get one of the 13" MBP's they just launched.

I'm pretty sure Dell 9 is discontinued. I just picked up an HP mini 1000 for $350. It's only good for internet, email, aim that kinda stuff but osxruns smooth on it.

Our apple is growing rapidly lol i see about 3 or 4 people a daywith amacbook box's in there hand i guess the apple exclusiveness almost over

How do I reformat my external? I accidently unplugged my external while doing my first ever time machine back up and now I can't get time machine to workproperly.. I want to start over but it's not letting me

Back
Top Bottom