THE OFFICIAL LEBRON VIII THREAD Updated V3 release 4/16/2011

I'm from the east coast and I dislike Kobe because of his attitude I. General. His shoe shoe Is simply the top performer in the market and that is why I purchased the 6 pairs I have. Not hype, not to resell. To play in. I too have 4 pairs of the 7 and 3 PS. The PS was better than the 7 by far on court but IMO it still lacked where the Kobe excelled. Price point, player branding, and hype have Nijinsky to do with what I purchase to play and kick around in. I I like it I buy. Hell people somehow like fusions but ask any head and they will say basura,trash, weak sauce etc. If you don't like the shoe for performance or aesthetic aspects that is one thing. But to bash it for who's name is attached or for people buying it because of the same thing is absurd. I am pretty sure at some point we all lived and breathed Jordan's and all those weren't the greatest performers /lookers either.

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

I have always said this... If you can accept praise and acclaim, then you should be able to handle a little criticism. With that being said, these are a HUGE step backwards in the Lebron line. Mr. Petrie created the most successful Lebron's ever with the VII's now these VII's are so freaking generic and Un-signature like. They aren't ugly by any means, but they are extremely underwhelming.

BUT at the end of the day Lebron had to approve the final product, so if he likes them, and the shoes are for him, then I need to shut my %#$@@%# mouth.

actually a lot of people thought VIIs were very generic too... when i first saw VIIs, i thought it did look too much like power max but it grew on me... so let see how this turns out

Originally Posted by VAHustler

lb8.jpg
pimp.gif
I can picture these in person
throw an ice sole on these

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

I wonder if the people who buy Lebron would even play ball in them ? From what i experienced, Kobe shoes really feel lighter and perform better. Most of the people who i seen wearing Lebron were fat and unathletic. I guess they wear Lebron for casual rather than ball.  I have yet to see one dude play serious good ball in Lebron.

There been a good amount of college players were 7's this year and i know John Flynn from Syracuse used to ball in multiple pairs of VI's last year and he's neither fat nor unathletic.

toine2983 wrote:
Not bad.

They remind me of the Lebron 2s a little bit. It'll be interesting to see what colorways Nike has planned for the VIIs.

And please believe a lot the dudes bashing the VIIIs now will do a 180 closer to the release date.

NOOOOO.

Keep the VIII's exactly the way they are. They're the perfect predecessor to the 7.

Like you said - they're very similar to the II's; which were & and still are my favorite Lebron shoe.

pimp.gif
 Good **! job Jason.

Bulky and awkward, that's what comes to mind when i look at these. There is gonna have to be some sick colorways to make the viii's look decent.

i guarantee that the moment petrie comes out with a video describing the reasons for the hightop bulk and carbon fiber infused flywire everyone hating will have a change of heart lol

First pg updated. Please lets not get this thread locked like the VII thread did. This is the lebron thread not the Kobe thread. If you think Kobe's
shoes are better and want to flame lebron the kobe thread is that way-------->

Thanks

First pg updated. Please lets not get this thread locked like the VII thread did. This is the lebron thread not the Kobe thread. If you think Kobe's
shoes are better and want to flame lebron the kobe thread is that way-------->

Thanks

For how much I loved Petrie's design on the 7's i'm amazed how much I dislike the 8's.....can't quite put my fingers on why I dislike them so much....they just look kinda cheap

Originally Posted by andfattoo

I wonder if the people who buy Lebron would even play ball in them ? From what i experienced, Kobe shoes really feel lighter and perform better. Most of the people who i seen wearing Lebron were fat and unathletic. I guess they wear Lebron for casual rather than ball.  I have yet to see one dude play serious good ball in Lebron.

There been a good amount of college players were 7's this year and i know John Flynn from Syracuse used to ball in multiple pairs of VI's last year and he's neither fat nor unathletic.
if you watch the games. Most of them didn't perform well while wearing Lebron. I think John Wall were given a pair of UK 7 but he had to switch shoes and then complained about the 7 being too heavy and bulky for his game i think. Kobe shoes is also more popular in the NBA than Lebron. There are about 20 other NBA guys who wear Kobes IV , V and i haven't seen anyone else wear Lebron beside the Cavs players. Further evidence that Kobe shoes are just performance monster

Originally Posted by KenJi714

if you watch the games. Most of them didn't perform well while wearing Lebron. I think John Wall were given a pair of UK 7 but he had to switch shoes and then complained about the 7 being too heavy and bulky for his game i think. Kobe shoes is also more popular in the NBA than Lebron. There are about 20 other NBA guys who wear Kobes IV , V and i haven't seen anyone else wear Lebron beside the Cavs players. Further evidence that Kobe shoes are just performance monster
lmao i love when guys complain a shoe is too heavy, like its too much to lift the extra couple of ounces, must be some little guys 
roll.gif

lets just wait for more colorways.. hopefully JP is reading what were writing..

and PLZZZ stop with the WHITE BASED SHOES... almost every 7's that were release were white based..

tired of that..

The more i come to this thread the more excited i get for these...I really like them. A great addition to the Lebron line

WHATS UP WITH THE FLAT LOOKING PAIR...I RATHER THEM BE BULKY LIKE SOME 90'S BALL KICKS...IF THEYRE FLAT LIKE THAT IM PASSING

Originally Posted by johnmckoolaid

Originally Posted by KenJi714

lmao i love when guys complain a shoe is too heavy, like its too much to lift the extra couple of ounces, must be some little guys 
roll.gif
^exactly........... and how do you know that every player that played in LB7's performed worse than they did with other shoes??....

Back
Top Bottom