THE OFFICIAL LEBRON VIII THREAD Updated V3 release 4/16/2011

Originally Posted by j o 19

WHATS UP WITH THE FLAT LOOKING PAIR...I RATHER THEM BE BULKY LIKE SOME 90'S BALL KICKS...IF THEYRE FLAT LIKE THAT IM PASSING

Word. Exactly how I feel also.

And to mt3130, yes lol I meant successor I was typing too fast.

i swear some of you come up with the wildest reasons to justify your love/hate for something.
laugh.gif

i'd rather read 5 pages of "i don't like lebron shoes because they don't fit my game" instead of "kobe> lebron because john wall had a bad half in lebrons. and boy, that ronnie turiaf sure has taken his game to new heights while wearing kobes."

c'mon son.

if you don't like a shoe because you honestly don't like it, leave it at that. trying to justify your feelings by posting something crazy is just
tired.gif

also 
smh.gif
@ the 7's being too heavy to ball in. really?

and i've seen countless amounts of people balling in head to toe kobe outfits who [kobe] couldn't throw the ball in the ocean if they were sitting in a boat [/kobe]. that easily goes both ways.

/rant

Originally Posted by scarru

For how much I loved Petrie's design on the 7's i'm amazed how much I dislike the 8's.....can't quite put my fingers on why I dislike them so much....they just look kinda cheap

Like i keep saying, The final design of the VIII may not have been Petrie's first choice. Nike's designers, even their relatively senior ones, don't always get as much creative freedom
as we might be led to think.

...but Nike will still require him to make a video saying how he put his heart and soul into the shoe.

Based on what we've seen so far, it's difficult for me to believe this is what Petrie had in mind. We all know he has plenty of talent, but so far this just seems so... Generic.

The colorways for the VII were pretty poorly managed, and reportedly Petrie had to fight to get the (black) Dunkmans released... a shoe that to me at least seems like a 'no brainer'.

Maybe the problem is that Lebron, or Lebron's people, have a particular idea of what sells or what should sell, and how much it can sell for.

What happened to this shoe being "a technological beast"? I also thought I remembered someone saying people will love this shoe for being daring or completely different. I have no problems with this shoe, but it doesn't look revolutionary.

i think people that say the lebrons are too heavy are washed up into the whole "lightest ball shoes ever made"

personally, i love my kb's... and i would never wear the lebrons just because i lost interest in high tops, however, they are not too heavy for ball at all. i've worn shoes that have been heavier and performed well.

Originally Posted by andfattoo

Originally Posted by johnmckoolaid

Originally Posted by KenJi714

Originally Posted by andfattoo

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

I wonder if the people who buy Lebron would even play ball in them ? From what i experienced, Kobe shoes really feel lighter and perform better. Most of the people who i seen wearing Lebron were fat and unathletic. I guess they wear Lebron for casual rather than ball.  I have yet to see one dude play serious good ball in Lebron.

There been a good amount of college players were 7's this year and i know John Flynn from Syracuse used to ball in multiple pairs of VI's last year and he's neither fat nor unathletic.
if you watch the games. Most of them didn't perform well while wearing Lebron. I think John Wall were given a pair of UK 7 but he had to switch shoes and then complained about the 7 being too heavy and bulky for his game i think. Kobe shoes is also more popular in the NBA than Lebron. There are about 20 other NBA guys who wear Kobes IV , V and i haven't seen anyone else wear Lebron beside the Cavs players. Further evidence that Kobe shoes are just performance monster
lmao i love when guys complain a shoe is too heavy, like its too much to lift the extra couple of ounces, must be some little guys 
roll.gif
^exactly........... and how do you know that every player that played in LB7's performed worse than they did with other shoes??....
only reason other players actually wore more kobes is because of nikeid. why are you even bringing kobe's into lebron thread? if you dont like it then dont buy it. simple as that. stop complaining because it weighs few ounces more. 

^ i actually like the nubuck. makes it look more old schoolish without making it a frankenstein shoe ala jordan brand's crap these days.

imo VIII > VII. I hope they find someway to make the cushion less firm tho. wish they made a thicker firmer full length zoom air... the bball 360 air is too hard for me...

hope for the 9 they remove the big swoosh

I am dissapointed. Shoe looks generic. Nothing about it appeals to me. There might be some slight interest if these are released in a knicks/mets colorway and find them at an outlet for under $80. MAYBE. But until that happens, I'll be copping some more am7's and 6's.

damn.....i don't know what the say.  i LOVED the 7s (i have 4 prs) but i can't even see myself coppin these on an EA discount.....

tired.gif

I need to see how these look on feet. This first colorway does nothing for me, but I think a lot of opinions will change once more colorways start showing up.

^How did this character get a pair of VIII's? Let alone a non-sample pair (I assume they aren't size 9, unless he's a very tiny man).

Here's the pic he put on his Twitter. I guess he uses a chain of himself as the tag...
lebronviii.png

The cut definitely doesn't look as high as the Yeezy's imo.

EDIT: Just noticed that part of the midsole is speckled.

I love em! The black/red colorway not really too much a fan of but I'm anxious to see the other colorways..

I don't hate the design really but I don't like that sued. Hopefully looks better in other colorways and use leather or patent.

^same here............ the black/red/white cw is strictly for balling. I hope these perform a lil better than the 7's. added ankle support is a big plus. A lil softer air max is all i need ( i hope thats not too much to ask for).

Back
Top Bottom