THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
So I had my boy in NOLA hunting for my size. He finds the last size at HoH but doesn't have enough $ for em and doesn't have a PayPal card. So I have my girl scoop them but she says it came in the white box. Personally, I'd rather pay retail for the white box pair than pay resale for a box + card.

Today, he calls me saying his dude at HoH called him asking if he was still looking for "that size." Some1 granny returned em b/c they were the wrong shoe. He gets them but I had already told em I had ol girl get the whitebox for me. Now he wants to flip.  I'm trying to convince him to just take my white box pair and send me over the box+card pair but DIS NUCCA is so set on making his resale $. If it were the other way around I would just throw my nig that favor, but he's in a situation with his car etc etc. Do you guys think its even that much difference in what people would be willing to pay? I mean yes if I pay top dollar I dont want the white box but some people just want the shoes man. I'm disappointed in dude to say the least, but I respect the hustle.

If you want the box + tarot card yourself then you already know the answer: yes it matters.

Of course a box and tarot card don't actually have any effect on the actual shoe, but any time we buy something, most of us want everything that it is supposed to come with. If your boy is looking for max resale money, of course he would want to keep the original packaging. I know that if I'm paying $350+ for a pair of shoes I want anything and everything it came with.

As far as being disappointed in dude, it can go both ways. He could look at you like "Hommie knows I'm in a tight spot with my car so I need this money. And he's gonna trip off a box and card?"

but the thing is that the All Star kobes also comes with the white box. So you can't be mad that you got a white box when majority of people are getting white boxes as well. If you don't plan on reselling the shoe and just plan on wearing the shoe to the ground, the box shouldn't matter to you. And to be honest the resell isn't that much for a gumbo box and card, if any at all. Just keep the one with the white box. I'm getting 2 pairs from NDC shipped to me so i don't know which box i'm getting either. And to be honest, i don't really care. Just happy i got the damn shoes.

Last edited:
So I had my boy in NOLA hunting for my size. He finds the last size at HoH but doesn't have enough $ for em and doesn't have a PayPal card. So I have my girl scoop them but she says it came in the white box. Personally, I'd rather pay retail for the white box pair than pay resale for a box + card.

Today, he calls me saying his dude at HoH called him asking if he was still looking for "that size." Some1 granny returned em b/c they were the wrong shoe. He gets them but I had already told em I had ol girl get the whitebox for me. Now he wants to flip.  I'm trying to convince him to just take my white box pair and send me over the box+card pair but DIS NUCCA is so set on making his resale $. If it were the other way around I would just throw my nig that favor, but he's in a situation with his car etc etc. Do you guys think its even that much difference in what people would be willing to pay? I mean yes if I pay top dollar I dont want the white box but some people just want the shoes man. I'm disappointed in dude to say the least, but I respect the hustle.
Screw that box. You would essentially be paying a premium just for a box and card. Your homeboy is ruthless lol

....that's that comic book geek ish coming out, worried about boxes and tarot cards. LMAO!!! I used to just throw boxes in the trash as soon as I got home. The collector mentality is a sick one, it's just wardrobe bro.

Called up footlocker today about my order "waiting for approval." on the ASGs.

It was selected for payment verification, and they hadn't gotten around to calling me yet. if your order is stuck on "waiting for approval" it might be worth it to call them and double check.

They said my ASGs should ship tomorrow.

....that's that comic book geek ish coming out, worried about boxes and tarot cards. LMAO!!! I used to just throw boxes in the trash as soon as I got home. The collector mentality is a sick one, it's just wardrobe bro.

Maaan, if those cards are as nice in person as they've looked in pics, I might frame my set. Those are one of the nicest additions that I've seen Nike do for a release.

True and its not like you can do anything with the box or card but I'm from New Orleans and have been on the Kobe train so it's only right.
I picked up a pair with the white box as well.  I got a 9.5,  My friend got a 10.5  (he got the special box and card) I would love to have the NOLA box and card, but for anyone that wants the shoe, its a no brainer to just take whatever box and be happy you don't have to pay resell.

sidenote - these run big IMO.  for the entire kobe line I have worn 9.5 or 10,  I feel like I might need a size 9 if I am going to ball in these. 

Last edited:
I picked up a pair with the white box as well.  I got a 9.5,  My friend got a 10.5  (he got the special box and card) I would love to have the NOLA box and card, but for anyone that wants the shoe, its a no brainer to just take whatever box and be happy you don't have to pay resell.
View media item 806795

sidenote - these run big IMO.  for the entire kobe line I have worn 9.5 or 10,  I feel like I might need a size 9 if I am going to ball in these. 
I just don't know how much I like the soles. Will have to wait until I get mine to judge for sure

nike atl was a bust....back to footlocker lurking tomorrow....gotta work, but we shall see if its meant to be

The NOLA box is HUGE. It's going to mess up my KB IX box stacking. 
tongue.gif

I'm wondering what the pickup times were for those won re-rsvps today at 21Mercer and NTNY.

I was at NTNY today and I was told they were not allowed to tell me when the pickup window ended. The manager I did speak to told me she could only say that any unclaimed pairs would not be sold today. If you are in NY call tonight toward closing or check the store tomorrow when it opens.... And hook this guy up with a 10.5 for the info.

I did that with the BHM LEBRONS, they actually released them at 2pm that same day.

Last edited:

I was at NTNY today and I was told they were not allowed to tell me when the pickup window ended. The manager I did speak to told me she could only say that any unclaimed pairs would not be sold today. If you are in NY call tonight toward closing or check the store tomorrow when it opens.... And hook this guy up with a 10.5 for the info.

Figured that's what they would do, the did the same thing last week for the tiffs. I'm a 10.5 too and will be bringing my girl with me so if I can scoop 2 an alley oop will be sent your way.
And then ya'll complain when its a zoo at every release, keep that **** to yourselves

And then ya'll complain when its a zoo at every release, keep that **** to yourselves

Nah never that. It's ALWAYS A ZOO in NYC. You've never heard me complain, comes with the territory. I will edit if it makes you feel better.

Last edited:
Mine will be in wednesday. Very interested in getting it in hand. So far I have the KD's which are gorgeous in person. Thought the Lebrons were very underwhelming unfortunately.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nah never that. It's ALWAYS A ZOO in NYC. You've never heard me complain, comes with the territory. I will edit if it makes you feel better.
:lol: it's always a zoo at the releases you go to. A lot of releases I'm at barely have 10 ppl there

Back
Top Bottom