THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
^^^^thats why the manager told me that they don't like to release right after. Because then people will figure just to head over to niketwown next day or that afternoon. Then it defeats the purpose of the RSVP. People will flock.

True and its not like you can do anything with the box or card but I'm from New Orleans and have been on the Kobe train so it's only right.

Weak friend

Anyways it's just a box and a card. You got the shoes right so don't trip about it.

If you want the box + tarot card yourself then you already know the answer: yes it matters.

Of course a box and tarot card don't actually have any effect on the actual shoe, but any time we buy something, most of us want everything that it is supposed to come with. If your boy is looking for max resale money, of course he would want to keep the original packaging. I know that if I'm paying $350+ for a pair of shoes I want anything and everything it came with.

As far as being disappointed in dude, it can go both ways. He could look at you like "Hommie knows I'm in a tight spot with my car so I need this money. And he's gonna trip off a box and card?"

but the thing is that the All Star kobes also comes with the white box. So you can't be mad that you got a white box when majority of people are getting white boxes as well. If you don't plan on reselling the shoe and just plan on wearing the shoe to the ground, the box shouldn't matter to you. And to be honest the resell isn't that much for a gumbo box and card, if any at all. Just keep the one with the white box. I'm getting 2 pairs from NDC shipped to me so i don't know which box i'm getting either. And to be honest, i don't really care. Just happy i got the damn shoes.

I like the Gumbo box and all but it's not the same size as my Masterpiece box! I keep the same shoe models together and am slightly OCD with this stuff. The Gumbo box is thinner and longer than the Masterpiece box. Same size as a LeBron XI box though.

Just called NTNY, lets just say you're better off keeping your eyes peeled on twitter.
devil.gif

Last edited:
Wish i knew how many were unclaimed so i can relay that info to those that missed out. I already got my pair, gonna hook up a fellow NTer with a spare 8.5 i got. These things are a beauty and either these or the MP should be in your 9's collection when its all over

Wish i knew how many were unclaimed so i can relay that info to those that missed out. I already got my pair, gonna hook up a fellow NTer with a spare 8.5 i got. These things are a beauty and either these or the MP should be in your 9's collection when its all over
holler at me bout that 8.5 sir

Isnt there a better way to sell sneakers for christs sake? Cancelling bot orders and putting them back online only for bots to win again. Having to re-rsvp shoes bc people with bots are bored and had no intention to buy the shoes in the first place. Feels like a Hitchcock story

Isnt there a better way to sell sneakers for christs sake? Cancelling bot orders and putting them back online only for bots to win again. Having to re-rsvp shoes bc people with bots are bored and had no intention to buy the shoes in the first place. Feels like a Hitchcock story
I wish they did an online raffle system honestly for the REAL limited releases, that gives people more of a fair chance, and not only that but in store a legit raffle on the day of release, maybe supervised by the higher ups, and by that I mean district managers etc.

Last edited:

Yes...Pre-Order Window.

so since these are flyknit can they be steam fitted?
I was just about to post something about this.  I don't think they are true flyknits like the running shoes.  They have a flyknit outer layer only, but underneath the flyknit layer is a base material that is sturdy.  Not sure what it is made of, but it is a hard material made of something other than fabric.  I'll have to take a closer look.

As far as the card box ppl go, if anybody wants to trade the Kobe Nola card & box(size 10.5) for a pair of ASG lebron XI lacelocks lmk....

I was just about to post something about this.  I don't think they are true flyknits like the running shoes.  They have a flyknit outer layer only, but underneath the flyknit layer is a base material that is sturdy.  Not sure what it is made of, but it is a hard material made of something other than fabric.  I'll have to take a closer look.
This... its almost like its basically a flyknit veneer.... dunno why they didnt just go with the EM again since by all practical means that is basically what these are anyway. Guess it kind of looks unique but in all honesty these are not a true flyknit BBall shoe, at least not IMO and I would think anyone else that has dealt with them in person would recognize the same thing

Back
Top Bottom