THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters

yeah me too... my lunar is already bottoming out in these $225 shoes. No matter how hard I try, I can't get Nike to send me an insole, or even sell me one. I understand their strategy by damn, I'm not JR Smith or Swaggy P. I can't wear a new shoe every game. At least give me the option to buy a replacement lunar insole, even if it's $30-$35... I know they only cost like $2 to make (probably less).
That's crap they should sell replacement soles at a cheap price. You already bought the sneaker and will more than likely buy more

Do they really think it'll force you to go out and buy a second pair at $225?  Every 4-5 weeks

^^ this is why we need zoom lol.    The kobe 8 elite had zoom, but that insole wasnt lunar anymore.  and lunar is way more comfy just doesnt last long.

That's crap they should sell replacement soles at a cheap price. You already bought the sneaker and will more than likely buy more

Do they really think it'll force you to go out and buy a second pair at $225?  Every 4-5 weeks
It has happened to countless pairs of my Kobe 8. Their response: "you can return them, we do not offer replacement insoles." Even when I tell them that it's a limited shoe that is sold out, they still say "your only option is to return them." So basically once the lunarlon bottoms out in 4-5 weeks for a serious ball player, you can't do **** esp for a limited shoe. At least you can keep it as eye candy 
mean.gif

Last edited:

It has happened to countless pairs of my Kobe 8. Their response: "you can return them, we do not offer replacement insoles." Even when I tell them that it's a limited shoe that is sold out, they still say "your only option is to return them." So basically once the lunarlon bottoms out in 4-5 weeks for a serious ball player, you can't do **** esp for a limited shoe. At least you can keep it as eye candy 
mean.gif

I feel you, and that sucks, i know its expensive but prob you should buy a pair of lebrons, use that insole to swap out if you plan on getting multiple pairs of kobe 9s

mean.gif

If the low insole fits in the elites then you can cop pairs that people don't want as much and just swap insoles I guess.  Sucks that that is the only option tho

you guys think the hype will build for the inspiration once kobe starts playing in them?

"Bryant will wear the Kobe 9 Elite Inspiration colorway upon his return to the court." -http://insider.nike.com/us/launch/kobe-9-elite-inspiration/

Last edited:

you guys think the hype will build for the inspiration once kobe starts playing in them?

"Bryant will wear the Kobe 9 Elite Inspiration colorway upon his return to the court." -http://insider.nike.com/us/launch/kobe-9-elite-inspiration/
Thats a big IF he return this season. We're into March and he is still feeling knee pain and soreness. Only 25 ish games left. Wont be surprised if he shuts it down this season. Anyway, back to the shoes. Got my pair of inspirations on lock. 

I really want inspirations, but I have to pass right now... Something else I can't pass up on presented itself to me... I hope inspirations are readily available in the coming weeks for close to retail.
what other shoe you getting?

I'm keeping a page up of all the Kobe 9 colorways that have surfaced so you can see them all in one place as we come across them.  Here's the link: http://www.888sneakerstreet.com/updated-kobe-9-all-colorways/   It is kinda cool to see them all in one slide show.  Lots of colorways still coming from the looks of the lists I've seen.  I am thinking that the Detail is the nicest one so far from what I've seen.

Am I missing any leaked pics we've seen here?

I really want inspirations, but I have to pass right now... Something else I can't pass up on presented itself to me... I hope inspirations are readily available in the coming weeks for close to retail.
You don't think they'll sell out quick? I was expecting an instant sellout.

Prolly will sell out within the first hour they go for sale, but not instantaneous IMO
Couldn't agree more. They WILL sell out as a (insert your own variation of limited GR here) GR mainly bc the MPs were super limited as if they were a Prelude 9 and got people jumpin through hoops to get a pair. These would probably sit like Lebron 11s without the MP release.

Question-

Disclaimer: I know nothing about shoe collection, Nike release cycles, etc.

The Kobe 9s/Kobe 9 Elites are obviously available on only a super limited basis right now.  Are they going to be more widely available a few months or a year from now, and eventually filter down into regular circulation?

I don't think these will sell out as fast because there's more pairs. Plus we seen the Maestros drop in price so I think that resellers that buy these will end up dropping these to $270-$290 after a week.

Plus there's another pair of 9s coming out the following week.

And these are the third black based color way

I was thinking the same. How long would it last and how difficult would it be? I love the color but it's a lot of yellow to wear on a weekly basis. I don't really care about matching but I'm not trying to wear a red shirt with yellow shoes. Either way, I'm trying for these and the grey pair.

did you do this on a pair of sulfurs? how have they held up?

They held up great for casual use. Should hold up better on the IX since you're not painting the entire upper, but it's gonna take patience to paint the colored Flyknit because there's black Flyknit, you can paint over it but I wouldn't. You can do spot repair easily if need be. Most likely not gonna get them as doing it to $225 shoe is tough to swallow. On the $125(copped with bday coupon) Sulfur I didn't really care, wanted to cover up the pattern badly lol. Hopefully one of you go through with it, wanna see how they'll turn out.

Question-

Disclaimer: I know nothing about shoe collection, Nike release cycles, etc.

The Kobe 9s/Kobe 9 Elites are obviously available on only a super limited basis right now.  Are they going to be more widely available a few months or a year from now, and eventually filter down into regular circulation?

The Masterpiece was extremely limited while the ASGs were less so. The next 3 releases of Elites in March should also release in similar numbers to the ASG. Then you also have the Kobe 9 lows that begin to release on 3/29. Those should be more plentiful, for the most part, since they're the same EM material that made up last year's Kobe 8.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom